A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mini bowling bag shaped make up case, HELP!!!!  (Read 1284 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bnanca
« on: January 26, 2006 08:48:15 AM »

I was thinking of doing a make up case, that is in the shape of a mini bowling bag, anybody have any ideas of where I should start, or rather how I should.Huh If you want a pic of what I am talking about I can surely find one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ksew
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006 02:31:18 PM »

yes.. a pic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bnanca
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006 03:30:35 PM »

Something to this affect....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElvenOne
She's and Odd One That One...

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006 03:55:06 PM »

I will just draw up a small, quick "tutorial" i will draw up an unlined one, cause im not sure how to line it the way im doing....

If i think about it more i could work it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
bnanca
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006 05:20:34 PM »

I will just draw up a small, quick "tutorial" i will draw up an unlined one, cause im not sure how to line it the way im doing....

If i think about it more i could work it out.

Thanks for your help ahead of time  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElvenOne

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006 06:09:28 PM »

Ohk, here is the unlined version, if you would like a lined version.... I could make up a tute for that... (I think)

I hope my Paint tute shows up, last time i did it it went all tiny and smooshed...

I hope this was what you were after

Kiss

Elven
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
bnanca
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006 10:21:04 PM »

Ohk, here is the unlined version, if you would like a lined version.... I could make up a tute for that... (I think)

I hope my Paint tute shows up, last time i did it it went all tiny and smooshed...

I hope this was what you were after

Kiss

Elven

Thank you, your the greatest, I just have a quick quetion, if I wanted the zipper to come a little bit down the side, how would I do that???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElvenOne

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006 12:38:35 AM »

Hmm alrighty... not 100% sure on this, maybe try a mock up with old fabric first...

Cut everything out, and cut the original straight line through the rectangle, after that, sew it together like normal, but leave out the zip. part, so, you would have a bag with the hole but no zip. Now, cut down through the side where you want the zip to go, and cut the little bits that allow you to fold the fabric back, turn the bag inside out and with the zip OPEN pin the fabric back and the zip. Now, if you can manouver your sewing machine around the zip, you can machine sew, if not, you would have to hand sew it.

Just basic instructions, if you would like a pic drawn up of that, i should be able to do it.

(Disclaimer: im not sure what the finished product will look like,  I guess it depends on how much you cut and the shape of your ends Smiley)

please post a pic once you are done... I'd love to see how it turns out Smiley

Kiss

Elven
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
bnanca
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006 12:51:24 PM »

Thanks for that, I will definently post a pic when I finish, I am off to start making one right now. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arabella
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006 02:34:26 PM »

it looks like you got it covered, but just in case, here is a free pattern for a mini-duffel bag:  http://www.savvyseams.com/bags/miniduffel.php

it's lined with a zipper and a pocket.  I haven't made it, but it looks cute (although maybe too big for what you are looking for)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Party Appetizers - Boursin Bruschetta
Holiday Party Appetizers - Baked Dill Delight
Holiday Party Appetizers - Warm Raspberry Brie
Holiday Party Appetizers - Artichoke Dip
Quick & Easy Holiday Party Appetizers
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...