A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red lip gloss  (Read 1676 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cawfeehowse
« on: June 16, 2004 10:55:34 PM »

I posted this on another board and they suggested I try it here too:  I love the look of red lips and would love to make (or even buy) the perfect shade.  I don't want it to be too dark though (I am very fair skinned) nor do I want it to make my teeth yellow.  I really like the gloss look also. Any suggestions on making/buying such a gloss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angstmonkey
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004 01:49:15 PM »

I like the one that benifit sells.........

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/benefit/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Cosmetic+Product&category%5Fname=lip+color&product%5Fid=80&Page=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's the brain drain... my brain is draining.
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004 01:55:09 PM »

I love the benetint stuff, like angstmonkey said.  And also this Lip Venom  It kind of burns and makes your lips redder and slightly swollen and very shiny.  It isn't colored itself, it just increases circulation to the lips (by irritating them slightly).  Sort of akin to the old-school 'just bite your lips' that my grandmother advocates.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004 03:22:02 PM »

I also have the same problem with red lipstick and lip gloss but am so tragicly inlove with it. Being irish with and so fair I have to be careful with what I wear. I love Benefits lip stain, Sephora has  2 really good lip glosses its just their house brand, one thats round and one in a tube. Also Bloom make a good raspberry color that I can't remember the shade name but its very flattering on us fairer gals. I personally own over 200 lip products so you could say its a bit of an addiction.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P7113&shouldPaginate=true
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P65412&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=S10605
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P44800&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=S10605
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1272

Hope this helps!
*h
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004 03:31:11 PM by hillarybillary » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftygurl
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004 07:18:34 AM »

Buy some vaseline, and melt it in the microwave until it's a liquid.  Then, add a small chunk of red lipstick, it won't come out as strong because then you mix it with the vaseline. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tonberryqueen
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004 09:18:06 PM »

I usually take a red eyeshadow that I like on one finger, a little Vaseline on the other, mix, and apply. If it's too dark, I blot and apply a little more Vaseline til it looks right. Nice and cheap, too, because it doesn't take too much eyeshadow. Of course, that leaves you the problem of finding a red shadow that you like...I suggest going to a department store and fiddling with the free samples to find some flattering shades. If you have the money, buy those, or buy similar tones at a drugstore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mellie
yeah. i'm crafty.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004 02:41:21 PM »

Mix red lipstick and clear gloss on the back of your hand. It's sheer and doesn't look so bold and bright.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"time you enjoy wasting was not wasted"-- John Lennon
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004 04:24:51 PM »

I usually take a red eyeshadow that I like on one finger, a little Vaseline on the other, mix, and apply. If it's too dark, I blot and apply a little more Vaseline til it looks right. Nice and cheap, too, because it doesn't take too much eyeshadow. Of course, that leaves you the problem of finding a red shadow that you like...I suggest going to a department store and fiddling with the free samples to find some flattering shades. If you have the money, buy those, or buy similar tones at a drugstore.

careful with eyeshadow on your lips because eyemakeup sometimes contains ingredents that are harmful if ingested. my friend got a horrible rash from putting eye makeup on her lips before and she called the company and they told her this.
*h

modified for terrible spelling mistakes
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004 03:25:06 PM by hillarybillary » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainclouds
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004 11:22:33 AM »

YES - do not use eye makeup or anything else not specifically meant to go on the lips, on your lips.  The FDA has very specific lists of what is safe for lip products and what isn't, because we all ingest at least a bit of what goes on our lips.  Same goes with your eyes, don't put anything on your eyes that isn't meant for your eyes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Baileys Sweet and Salty Krispies
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins
Homemade Cake Pop Recipe
Easy Vanilla Peach Souffle Recipe
Graham Cracker Cupcake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...