A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP!! 3 crafty days till father's day  (Read 12044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

retrokitty
rad to the bone

The New Year brings lots of crafting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004 09:47:00 AM »

Does he like ... uh ... I can't remember the official term, but you know ...where you use knives to make shapes out of wood?  Anyway, since you're going camping and there's lots of wood outside, (ha) getting some of these knives might be cool.  They he could be crafty too!  And less bored.  And they would fit in your kit as long as you made them a little cover, so they didn't cut anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

Check out my crafting blog @ http://sillypanda.wordpress.com & Send me a link to yours, I love reading new blogs!
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004 09:50:14 AM »

wittiling or widdiling im not sure which one is correct. But I do believe thats the word you are looking for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004 11:29:20 AM »

so somwhere out of the blue i was thinking..fathers day..brainstorming and such and was thinking shirts and ties. and then it hit me(this is going to make me sound nuts)

the Cat clothes post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=5878.0

it had a link to cute cat outfits from japan. http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/english/ i had showed these to my dad one day and he though they were hillarious..and our cat is such a ham he might actually go for it

so i made some shirt collar w/tie things for my parents cat and dog..hehe they are going to be soo cute all decked out. course the dog hates the camera so this will for sure be an adventure. i'm afraid to post pics cause of everyone and their fear of copyright issues.

going to slip these inside the cottage survival kit..they don't go together at all but they will sure add some entertainment to the weekend.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004 11:34:27 AM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftymed
now with 2 sidekick dogs!!

Crafty with an M.D. (finally!)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004 01:46:01 PM »

those cats are hysterical!  glad you've finally settled on something.  my dad's day gift is going to be late (he's been forwarned) due to my giant 8hr exam on Monday.  i'm making a CD with songs from this old tape that we used to listen to in the car when he took me to school when i was a kid.  i don't know where the tape had disappeared to for about 10 years, but i found it, and it sounds pretty bad.  i can figure out what's on it (it's some 60's music) so i can do a little Napster/iTunes and make a CD.  i have to figure out some cool CD cover/case type thing for it though.

oh, and bribe your dog with treats.  totally worked for mine.  now any time i take out the camera, she sits and poses for it, hoping she'll get a treat.  ah, they say dogs are sooo smart...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything I know about sewing I learned in suture class.
SarahFroggy
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004 01:48:31 PM »

its the sound of the digital that he hates. it makes this high pitched sound when you turn it on. just creeps him right out.

i love your idea. that is so cute. you should (using leah's idea) take photos and photoshop them together..i'm sure he'd like that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ph33lth3lov3

*when in doubt go duct*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004 02:52:25 AM »

wow- thanks guys.
I was freaking out too, until i read this post.
My dad gets everything he wants when he wants it, and is very 'digital', making gift-giving difficult.
I think i'm gonna go with the remote holder, we can never find the remotes!
Thanks again!
happy father's day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

let me see your gila
http://www.gilabuttons.com -your one stop button shop
pixelpusher
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004 06:26:47 AM »

Any ideas for  dads who are frequent travelers?  My father in law travels between the US and France every month and a step-father in law who travels the world, not staying in one place too long at all.  One is laid back, doberman-having, beer drinking, beach loving, the other is posh, only-the-best, but still laid back, is English, likes cars and obviously traveling.

(already got my dad a cast iron griddle to use on the grill and plan to make some oven mitts with long cuffs for grilling OR an apron.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004 06:58:43 AM »

re: travellers,
how about a travel document case type deal.  With a slot for tickets, a slot for passport, and maybe matching eyemask and a little pouch for earplugs?  I made a simple zippered pouch for that purpose for myself and embroidered a little plane on it:

You could do a wallet style one with the slots (ooh, and credit card sized slots for frequent flier cards) and a matching little bag for the eyemask/earplugs.    Having one place for all the stuff you need at the airport is really handy - especially now that you need to whip that stuff out at every corner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2004 07:17:30 AM »

for the traveller i was thiking one of those roll up things for his toiletries..i saw a link somewhere..aaha found it http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=5774.0 its the second post down by diabolica its like the art tool case but for organizing.

on another note. i can't wait to see what my dad thinks of his present..he's gonna laugh so hard at the little outfits..i might post a pic if i can get one. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccajo

I Lurve to Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004 09:25:55 AM »

two words:
Beer Cozy

Grin
hahahahaha

I think I'm actually going to try and make one for my pop's pop! And barley pop!

Another thing that just came to me....5 gallon bucket cozy....anyone know what I'm talkin' bout?
it's like a cuff of canvas that goes aound the top, with part hanging inside and part outside....there's pockets and loops around the top and bottom so they can use the bucket inside and hook tools and such around the outside...my dad has 2 or 3 of them and he LOVES them...you load them up with as many tools as you need and take it from job to job......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

won't you brighten a wee cat's day?

www.eoinadesigns.co m/shop.html
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Skies Look Great
Using Camera Raw Over and Over Again as a Filter
Photo Editing From Start to Finish: The Washington Coast
Making Reusable Templates in Photoshop
How to ‘Photoshop’ Yourself Into an Image
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...