A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP!! 3 crafty days till father's day  (Read 12539 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SarahFroggy
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2004 09:59:38 AM »

the funny thing is my first though was a bucket cozy but i didn't have any way to go get a bucket and i wanted to use fabric that i already had.  also wasn't sure of technique..hehe Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccajo

I Lurve to Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2004 10:03:12 AM »

I think I may use these giant cat litter buckets....I've got two I can not part with!

See if there's a cafe or something in your neighborhood that would give you one-or the big home supply stores sell them for like $2!!

good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

won't you brighten a wee cat's day?

www.eoinadesigns.com/shop.html
SarahFroggy
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2004 10:04:12 AM »

might do that for next year..since they are picking me up at 4 and its one now..hehe gotta pack some crafties for the weekend at the cottage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megtell
materialmama.com

Material Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2004 10:44:08 AM »

I'm making my father a fabric bowl for chips etc.  For my dh I'm going to stencil our daughter's on a tee or on fabric and frame it.  Not sure yet.  Have fun!

Oh I have also given a large (decorated of course LOL) bowl, and filled it with microwave popcorn, hot chocolate envelopes, pepermint schnapps, gift certificates to NetFlix.

He also really liked when we gave him a chimney cleaning (made a cute gift certificate LOL)

Smiley
Meg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rahrah

meow, meow, purrrrr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004 07:04:53 PM »

Hi there,
I just did a journal post on what I made my Dad - I baked him authentic Italian biscotti...so easy & delicious. I put it in a tin & tied it up with a colorful, thrift shop neck tie.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010 04:09:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

illustration & other creative endeavours,
visit me
www.deborahmerlo.com
Jenguin

That's not YOUR chicken!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2004 11:21:45 PM »

My father's day gift went off pretty well. My father collects ball markers (usually they have the golf course's name on it, some kind of snazzy detail, etc) and I noticed he just had them placed on his golf ball frame/shelf. You couldn't see them very well and his collection was growing.

Using a record album frame, 'make your own corkboard' corkboard squares, black foamcore, some ribbon, and a small (lame) painting job -- voila, I made him a framed ball marker board.

Cutting the foamcore to use as a mat frame around the corkboard.

See? Also cut the corkboard to fit within the foamcore frame.

Yup. It fit!

Covering up the edges with a green ribbon. Also, painted in the corner of the corkboard portion. Let it dry before you put the ribbon on. I also used a gloss coat over the acrylic - it just looked way too dry on the corkboard.

Finished product.

I also added a second corkboard square to the back because some of the markers have longer pins and would need the thicker back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccajo

I Lurve to Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2004 01:49:10 PM »

oooh the cork deal is very close to what my mom got my dad for f-day!

I ended up scrapping the bucket AND the beer cozy in favor of a leaf blower. He really likes it (it's electric so not as bad for the environment) and I realized it can help me dry my industrial sized painting jobs that I do in my mom's studio! HA!

Oh well, his birthday is just after the New Year and I never know what to make him...I'll have to remember this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

won't you brighten a wee cat's day?

www.eoinadesigns.com/shop.html
slurpymundae

qu'est-ce que fack?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005 11:47:19 AM »

You guys are AMAZING!! I gathered a bunch of ideas from what you guys said and am making a TV package for my dad. He has a big screen TV and it is his baby! I am making a remote control pouch to hang on his chair's arm (he's always babbling about us losing them so if we put them in there they can always be found!) He also has friends over a lot to watch movies and maybe I could make some kick-ass golf themed beer cozies (all his friends + him seem to love golfing) so I'd probably do two of those. Then I'm trying to decide which TV series to buy him on DVD. Maybe add a few packs of popcorn (maybe I can go to Kernels and get some gourmet stuff! He can have his friends over to share it!) Throw it all together and VOILA! Now I just need to find some time to create!

I have until the 3rd Sunday in June to work on these presents (I'm in Canada) and I believe underneath my new apartment there is a community center and I swear I saw sewing machines down there which, I hope, are free to use! WAHOO! Otherwise, I'll have to try to go home now and then to slowly finish projects on my sewing machine at home but it's RIGHT NEAR HIS TV so I don't want him to see them! Haha!

Thanks again, guys! You always get my minds revved, and the people on this board never ever fail to amaze me with their crafty skills! Smiley

-Stace

EDIT: My dad loved the controller holder part SO MUCH that he took it in to work today to show all of his friends! I THINK i am going to CRY, that is the cutest! Gotta love dads! LoL!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005 03:15:15 PM by slurpymundae » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"need less, use less, we're asking for too much, i guess... i know, i know you've tried to change things. i know." -metric
McJulie-O
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2005 08:37:24 PM »

For packaging, how about one of those canvas thingies that fits inside a bucket and holds tools? Oh dear, I am not describing this very well at all...anyhow Black and Decker makes a canvas liner that, when it sits in a bucket, has pockets both on the inside and the outside and hold all the gizmo-ma-bobs you could ever want.

O r you could package your survival kit in a tool box or fishing tackle box, the kind that kind of "accordions" out when you open it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poisoned creations
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007 12:28:33 PM »

You guys are AMAZING!! I gathered a bunch of ideas from what you guys said and am making a TV package for my dad. He has a big screen TV and it is his baby! I am making a remote control pouch to hang on his chair's arm (he's always babbling about us losing them so if we put them in there they can always be found!) He also has friends over a lot to watch movies and maybe I could make some kick-ass golf themed beer cozies (all his friends + him seem to love golfing) so I'd probably do two of those. Then I'm trying to decide which TV series to buy him on DVD. Maybe add a few packs of popcorn (maybe I can go to Kernels and get some gourmet stuff! He can have his friends over to share it!) Throw it all together and VOILA! Now I just need to find some time to create!

I have until the 3rd Sunday in June to work on these presents (I'm in Canada) and I believe underneath my new apartment there is a community center and I swear I saw sewing machines down there which, I hope, are free to use! WAHOO! Otherwise, I'll have to try to go home now and then to slowly finish projects on my sewing machine at home but it's RIGHT NEAR HIS TV so I don't want him to see them! Haha!

Thanks again, guys! You always get my minds revved, and the people on this board never ever fail to amaze me with their crafty skills! Smiley

-Stace

EDIT: My dad loved the controller holder part SO MUCH that he took it in to work today to show all of his friends! I THINK i am going to CRY, that is the cutest! Gotta love dads! LoL!

What did you use as the weight for the holder to stay on the chair?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Flowers
How to Select Your Graffiti Supplies
How to Sketch Hands
How to Sketch a Nose
How to Sketch a Mouth
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...