A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Machine Applique! Embellish your purse or tote! img heavy  (Read 26169 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , machine_embroidery , applique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

denenee
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2007 09:38:44 PM »

Thank you so much, I was reading the manual to my sewing machine on applique. I am wanting to try this, but had no idea where and how to begin. Now I can understand on how to do this, after reading your tut. When it comes to understanding something I'm new at, pictures are so much more helpful. THANK YOU! Grin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007 09:11:21 AM by denenee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gypsytree
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2007 01:35:55 PM »

I have a question- many times my appliqued items end up puckered. It's like the fabrics stretch while I am sewing around them. How do I avoid this??

And by the way, that tree is beauuuuutiful! I Love it!
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anodyne
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2007 12:47:47 AM »

This is a great tutorial-- I've been wanting to try applique for some time, and thanks to your tutorial, I finally feel like I can. Also, your tree is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that13 gurl13

I Love My Teddy!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2007 10:57:13 PM »

thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"'Oh sweet Jesus, a boob! She's making a BOOB!!!'" --InkFaery
"...with every good bye you learn"

"as long as Im alive, imma live illegal" ~ Sublime
seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2007 10:44:19 AM »

So glad that so many of you have found this useful. I'm not sure where some of the original pictures went, but if I can find them, I'll be sure to fix the non-working pics.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2008 02:20:00 PM »

If you're having problems with gunk on your needle, make sure that you're following the directions perfectly on your wonder under. I know that some off brands aren't as high quality and if you don't get your iron hot enough, the glue will get really sticky. I never have a gunk issue.

My issue with not using any type of fusible is that when doing a complex applique, your fabric will move and you'll end up with ripples. It can be done, but I don't suggest it. There are applique glue sticks that I've seen around that could be another option.

I have appliqued before, but I did it a little differently without the wonder-under. I keep hearing great things about it, so I gave this method a try. I am really having problems, the glue (or whatever that is on the wonderunder,) is gunking up my machine, I only get about 10 stitches and then I have to stop, take out my needle, clean it off, rethread, and start again. It really sucks! If I don't it makes my machine skip stitches and breaks the thread eventually.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there something I'm not doing right? I know this is a pretty old thread, but I wasn't sure where else to ask this. I really want to be able to applique this way, it saves me a few steps from my other method, and it saves a bit on material too. Any help is greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
CeruleanEyes

Looking for a Swappers Anonymous program....

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2008 02:39:39 PM »

This is awesome!  I've seen so many beautiful appliqued things and while I love how they look, I wasn't sure how to do it.  Thank you so much for this tut!  It's something that I'm definitely going to do.  Just need to get the right foot and lots more thread.  Oh, and wonder-under and something to applique on and.....alright so I'm not quite ready to dive in.  But I will!  Soon!!

Thank you again.  You rock!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I totally stole that from your wist!!  Thank you! Cheesy

My Wist- http://www.wists.com/CeruleanEyes
seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2008 08:36:57 PM »

No problem!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop

Blog
JennasMommy
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008 10:49:09 AM »

So glad someone bumped this post to the top. Been wanting to try applique' but like most of you I wasn't sure I could do it. Thanks to this wonderful tut I now have the confidence to give it a go.

~~Thanks for sharing
   Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008 01:56:06 PM »

Thanks soooooo much for this tute!  I've been studying different people's appliques thinking "there's no way I can do this with my machine..." and asking little questions here and there but not really knowing what it was exactly I was trying to ask... does that make sense  Huh  lol
So yeah, this cleared it ALL up in my fuzzy mind!!!  You're the best!  Kiss  I can't wait to try something, I'll post when I finally do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tattoo Your Eyebrows
Allure Magazine Releases Anti-Aging Survey Results in April Issue
Get Coachella-Cool With This Easy Nail Art Tutorial
How You Can Brighten Your Smile Instantly
Georgia May Jagger Describes How Dad Mick Inspires Her Style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...