A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: firefly/serenity swap  (Read 20615 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miyoko79

Sigh...it's too true.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006 05:47:02 PM »

I'm so glad you liked your stuff, michaleasmom!

If anyone's interested, Kaylee's original sign is here, and Inara's necklace is here (I bought the beads, but my skills were not quite up to the task, so michaelasmom's necklace is "Inara-inspired")  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It turns out they do make hats in my size. They are called "BUCKETS" and they sell them at the hardware store."
heather_delong

I am dancin like a monkey!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006 07:08:37 AM »

Wow Whiterabbit, Thanks for the treats!!
a great knit bag - your cables are marvelous!!
a bookmark - knit with 'browncoat' in duplicate stitch
a decorated notebook ( with a print of mal tucked inside
and several coasters all hand drawn with firefly/serenity quotes...

go here to see...http://www.piczo.com/fibergoddess?g=10381484&cr=2

Thanks so much - all the other librarians where i work are so jealous of the bag - it has already garnered you much fame ;^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An it harm none...
vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006 07:39:18 AM »

*dies* Apparently they tried to deliver my package from jojo9 this morning but even though my parents were awake they didn't hear the doorbell.

And the post office depot has shut for the day.

And it's Sunday tomorrow.

*dies*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006 09:20:04 AM »

Wow, it is all so amazing! I watched Firefly when it was on but haven't seen it since, nor Serenity. I think I am going to have to buy the DVDs. Hmmm, food or Mal and Simon?... Mal and Simon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006 11:21:30 AM »

Here is my amazing package from ctgirl.  I can't say enough how cool all this stuff is.  I've been flouncing around in the shirt since I got it!

The pic is a bit blurry, bet here is a super cool tote bag with the BDH's on it, it has a pocket inside and velcro closure.  I also got some delicious smelling jasmine tea and and jasmine insence (to scent my shuttle with), a calendar celebrating this year (year of the dog), a little budda, some fortune cokies, a little hanging charm and some really cool dragon stickers....And now for the amazing shirt...

Thank you so much RUTH!!!!!  My package is taking FOREVER to get to you, but I hope you like it.  After seeing your stuff, I have total swap anxiety.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 01:41:14 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jojo9

meet my charming friend, the monkey gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006 11:47:39 AM »

this stuff is all so gorgeous!  I have total swap anxiety too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ctgirl
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006 12:26:25 PM »

I got my package from Twilight021 today.  Yeah!  I love it, everything is so cute.  And she sent lots of little packages so it was great to open them all up and squeal with excitement about what was inside.  Here's a picture of everything.

Diary of Simon Tam, with the first entry "Dear Diary, Today I was pompus and my sister was crazy"  Second entry "Dear Diary, Today we were captured by hillfolk and never seen again.  It was the best day ever!", some Inara earrings, a Jayne hat pin, a Kaylee hair clip, a fuity oaty girl necklace, a Wash bracelet, a couple of chinese bookmarks, chopsticks, a planet suncatcher, and a serenity pin.  Whew....that's alot!

Here's a close-up of the shrinky dinks she made for the bracelet and necklace. 

Thanks Elise!  I love it all and can't wait to wear all this stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BatGrrl
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006 04:34:07 PM »

Yay!  My package from redheadedali arrived today!

Here's a picture of all the neat goodies I got:

I love it all, but I was paying such close attention to it that my cat became jealous and felt the need to come and get in the middle of everything, which made photographing at times difficult.  Any visible cat hair in photos is the product of Miss Pandora Underfoot, who got cropped out of several pictures but still managed to stay in a few.

Here  is a close-up of the picture of Zoe on the canvas bag:

The image is great, and I love that quote, and as a crafter/English: Creative Writing Ph.D. student/teacher I certainly can put it to good use toting something.   Grin

I got a great CD mix with a character/series narrative to it and a thorough play list explaining it all.  I listened to the mix while I was taking/cropping/loading pictures, and I love it!  I appreciate the choices and how well they represent the show.  The cover art is fun, too--those little plastic label makers are seductive, aren't they?  Wink  Since I drive nearly 4 hours twice a week for teaching purposes, this will make nice listening material for the car.

When I was trying to take pictures of the arm warmers while on me, the cat came and flopped in the middle of everything, so I tried to take an action shot of me wearing them:

I'm not sure that's the most flattering angle for them, though, so here's a reshoot:

They make a perfect browncoat accessory and are a new stylish way to help me with my wrist-warming for my tendonitis.

Finally, look at the pretties!  The colors and stones of this bracelet are very Inaraesque and will go well with my wardrobe.  I took several pictures of the bracelet on me, but I kept having trouble with getting too much flash-shine of my backgrounds (and also probably my pale skin).  Finally, I put the cat to work as a flash-soaking background, so the second picture here actually shows the beautiful, vibrant colors of the stones sharply and without too much flare, though the first one is better for reading the whole word:

As the bracelet says, this entire package is shiny!  Thanks, Alison, for a fabulous package!

Pieces,

Joanne

*Edited to fix broken picture links.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 01:40:53 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006 11:34:39 PM »

Aaaah! all those things are awesome!

I love all the jewelery, especially that Inara necklace and all the cute bracelets, I think its so funny that most of us have made some form of bracelet with words on... so cute!

I want all those bags... or at least the Zoe stencil (I'm assuming she was a stencil, if she was, please can I have her redheadeddali, please)

And I'm completely intrigued with the mix CD, could we please have a better look at the playlist?

good work everyone, thanks to Mikan for organising this awesome swap!
-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006 08:54:14 AM »

BatGrrl, I am so glad you like your stuff. I was having craft anxiety after seeing all the great stuff other swappers were sending Wink.

Ralph, it is a Zoe stencil. It's not a very good one, though - usually, when I make a stencil from a photo, I just play with the brightness and contrast until it's close to what I want, and then I just wing it. But I will try to pretty it up a bit and get it posted Wink.

Also, here is the CD tracklist - I figured it would be easier for me cut and paste than for Joanne to get a better picture or retype it:

You Can't Take the Sky from Me
A Firefly-inspired mix

1. Heroes David Bowie Sort of a call to arms for the Browncoats to stand up to the Alliance
2. All Quiet Cary Pierce This song was inspired by the book All Quiet on the Western Front, and I chose it to represent Mal and Zoes experiences in the war.
3. Man of Constant Sorrow The Soggy Bottom Boys This song is soooo Mal.
4. Invincible Pat Benetar Zoe. The song is s little overwrought and silly, but 1) I like it and 2) I still think it reflects her determination. Besides, sometimes a song fits into a mix in such a way that it transcends its own limitations. This is the only reason I have Phil Collins and Celine  Dion on my iPod (*not*, I should point out, in a mix I made it was from a friend Wink ).
5. Weightless Old 97s Expresses Mals desire to be totally free in the Black
6. Rocket Man Me First and the Gimme Gimmes See above. Plus, I love this version of this song Wink.
7. Capn Kirk Bob Schneider So Wash. So very, very Wash.
8. Smack Dab Jane Bond Wash and Zoes relationship from Washs point of view.
9. Ice Cream Sarah McLachlan Wash and Zoes relationship from Zoes point of view.
10. Feelgood by Numbers The Go! Team OK, no, it doesnt have words, but it is nevertheless very happy and bouncy and Kaylee-like. So this is Kaylees song.
11. In Heaven, There Is No Beer The Brave Combo Jayne. Because its a polka celebrating all manner of vices. Which is *absurd*.
12. Into the Mystic Van Morrison Inara. Because its kind of earthy and spiritual at the same time, just like her.
13. A Case of You Joni Mitchell Inara and Mals relationship from Inaras point of view. Yeah, the details are off, but I think the overall feeling fits.
14. Wild World Cat Stevens Inara and Mals relationship from Mals point of view.
15. Higher Ground Stevie Wonder Book. Because he wants to create a positive change in the crew and, seemingly, in himself to atone for whatever happened in his past.
16. Comfortably Numb Dar Williams   River.  Because its about coping with being mentally unhinged. And this version is really pretty.
17. Trouble Me (live) 10,000 Maniacs Simon. Because it reflects his devotion to River.
18. First Date Blink 182 A song for Simon and Kaylee. They never actually go on a first date, I guess, since, they, oh, basically live together, but I think this captures how sweet and goofy and awkward they are around each other.
19. Come Sail Away Styx A song for the crew and the boat Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing a Common Toad
Photographing Sea Birds
Photographing Woodland Birds
Photographing Birds of Prey
Photographing Moorland Birds
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...