A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: firefly/serenity swap  (Read 20625 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jojo9

meet my charming friend, the monkey gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006 10:38:03 AM »

Wow!  I especially like Man of Constant Sorrow and in Heaven there is no beer for Mal and Jayne respectively. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006 09:13:11 PM »

Thats soo cool and so much thought went into it! good for you!!

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2006 12:45:50 PM »

First off everything everyone's sent is fabulous and has caused me to be insanely jealous of your mad skills, highly inadequate and like apologising to PurpleHeather for being stuck with me!

And secondly I recieved! I haven't got any pictures yet as I have yet to find the thingy to recharge the camera though I have found the cable to upload the pics once I'm done Cool

Jojo9 sent me a fab shirt with a fruity oaty bar design on which I made fit with safety pins and ribbon so I could wear it to school today. (I have also decided that everyone at my school is lame for not understanding about Firefly - sucks to be them)

She also sent an 'Official hero of Canton' shrine which is very pretty and Jayne-ful. Inside this shrine was a picture of Jayne (obviously Tongue) A load of 'tag things' telling about the shrine. Two drinks umbrellas - I have always adored these so go you Jojo9!. Two badges, one with Mal and one with Zoe. And jewellery - no less than two necklaces, a bracelet and a bag charm! I'm especially in love with the bag charm as it spells Vera and has a little heart and gun.

Thanks oh so much Jojo9 for my goodies. And thanks a bunch everyone for making me feel like an inadequate peon Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
jojo9

meet my charming friend, the monkey gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2006 02:09:33 PM »

Oh cool, I'm glad you liked everything, and I'm glad you customised the shirt!

the vera charm was the favourite thing i made- pleased you liked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2006 08:10:14 AM »

You Can't Take the Sky from Me
A Firefly-inspired mix

1. Heroes David Bowie Sort of a call to arms for the Browncoats to stand up to the Alliance
2. All Quiet Cary Pierce This song was inspired by the book All Quiet on the Western Front, and I chose it to represent Mal and Zoes experiences in the war.
3. Man of Constant Sorrow The Soggy Bottom Boys This song is soooo Mal.
4. Invincible Pat Benetar Zoe. The song is s little overwrought and silly, but 1) I like it and 2) I still think it reflects her determination. Besides, sometimes a song fits into a mix in such a way that it transcends its own limitations. This is the only reason I have Phil Collins and Celine  Dion on my iPod (*not*, I should point out, in a mix I made it was from a friend Wink ).
5. Weightless Old 97s Expresses Mals desire to be totally free in the Black
6. Rocket Man Me First and the Gimme Gimmes See above. Plus, I love this version of this song Wink.
7. Capn Kirk Bob Schneider So Wash. So very, very Wash.
8. Smack Dab Jane Bond Wash and Zoes relationship from Washs point of view.
9. Ice Cream Sarah McLachlan Wash and Zoes relationship from Zoes point of view.
10. Feelgood by Numbers The Go! Team OK, no, it doesnt have words, but it is nevertheless very happy and bouncy and Kaylee-like. So this is Kaylees song.
11. In Heaven, There Is No Beer The Brave Combo Jayne. Because its a polka celebrating all manner of vices. Which is *absurd*.
12. Into the Mystic Van Morrison Inara. Because its kind of earthy and spiritual at the same time, just like her.
13. A Case of You Joni Mitchell Inara and Mals relationship from Inaras point of view. Yeah, the details are off, but I think the overall feeling fits.
14. Wild World Cat Stevens Inara and Mals relationship from Mals point of view.
15. Higher Ground Stevie Wonder Book. Because he wants to create a positive change in the crew and, seemingly, in himself to atone for whatever happened in his past.
16. Comfortably Numb Dar Williams   River.  Because its about coping with being mentally unhinged. And this version is really pretty.
17. Trouble Me (live) 10,000 Maniacs Simon. Because it reflects his devotion to River.
18. First Date Blink 182 A song for Simon and Kaylee. They never actually go on a first date, I guess, since, they, oh, basically live together, but I think this captures how sweet and goofy and awkward they are around each other.
19. Come Sail Away Styx A song for the crew and the boat Wink

I was making a monster ballads CD for my hubby, who loves 80's music, when I saw a song that would be a cool addition to a firefly playlist....  The Ballad of Jayne by LA Guns   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
Aunt Suzi
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2006 02:09:54 PM »

Hi, all!  Loving your swap items--very impressive!

But I'm wondering--has anyone heard from mikan, our moderator?  She is my swap partner and I haven't heard from her since the 26th I think.  I pm'ed her this week but she didn't answer.  According to the post office, my package was delivered last Friday, but she hasn't posted anything.  Do you think I should go ahead and post the pix I took before I sent it?  This is my first swap, new to the process here.

I hope she's all right. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trifarina

apathetic misanthrope

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2006 09:54:02 AM »

I got my package from michaelasmom and found some really neat surprises!

The bag doesn't show up very well on this picture (sorry) but it has my favorite line of all time printed on the side, "you can't take the sky from me."  There were magnets and a sticker and loads of neat stationary in the painted box.

My absolute favorite of all was the Shepherd cookbook!!!

Thanks michaelasmom!

(P.S.  The shipping box had written on the side "fragile", "glass".  After I took everything out and put the box on my box pile (yes I have a box pile) I saw that again and started thinking because I hadn't seen any glass.  Then I remembered Ron GLASS.  I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it amused me.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 01:37:33 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aunt Suzi
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2006 11:57:46 AM »

Never mind!  I just heard from her--she's been out of town.  Hope I didn't seem too impatient. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazycatladymel
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2006 05:37:11 AM »

My partner and I each had some "issues" so we're running a little late (and we've been in touch, so we each know what's going on), but I'll be mailing my package on Monday! She knows about the Tall Card deck I designed, but she hasn't SEEN it yet. I took pics, but will let her do the honors. (Plus, there are things she doesn't know about yet.)

I've said this to mikan & to my partner, but I will never, ever, ever plan a swap project around a printer at work! The deck took 20 pages, and I wanted to do the front on the color laser (the back image is B&W laser). Well, just as I was ready to start printing (early January), I was told that I probably shouldn't do much - if any - personal printing because people were watching and if I printed personal stuff it looked like I wasn't working. Not necessarily true, but perception counts for a lot. Then the printer broke, so it didn't matter, then when it came back on, I decided to risk a couple of pages a day. And my file wouldn't print. Whaaat? Turns out it was corrupted, so I recreated it.

Finally, there was some meeting that the "troublemakers" were at, leaving our area kind of dead for a morning, and I just seized the opportunity! Of course, my application was mad at me and would only print a couple of pages at a time, and wouldn't give me the manual feed option, so I was running up and down my aisle for an hour. I'm sure that looked a little strange, but I got it done, so who cares?! I had them laminated at a print shop (which was a little pricier than I'd planned, so I redid the deck for hub & I with fewer pages) and last night I cut them all out (78 cards) and hub & I took turns with the corner rounder (our personal deck will probably NOT have rounded corners).

Whew! I love them and don't want them to leave, but they WILL be on their way to suzie_penguin on Monday.

Hub likes the cards so much he wants to design a zombie deck. He wants me to create the rules, and he'll design the cards. I tried to tell him that I didn't write the rules for the Tall Card deck, that I just put the rule booklet together from rules found elsewhere, but he thinks I can create a game. We'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aunt Suzi
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2006 11:10:37 AM »

So, with mikan's blessiing, I'm posting what I sent to her:

First, a glass etched with the "Serenity" logo in Chinese ("ning-jing"):

We both loved the Jaynestown episode.  I'm a musicologist, so thought about ballads, and thought maybe the Mudders would have distributed their ballad in a 19th-c. way, so made a little chapbook with photoshopped "woodcuts":

(the Chinese characters are "ying-xiong"="hero")

I ended up making this bizarre little doily--maybe something a girlie engine mechanic would make with bits of string to pass those long hours in space?

And finally, a DVD box for mikan's copy of Serenity (or whatever).  It's an old AOL box, of course, covered with faux suede and lots more photoshop fun.  The character inside is "xin"="believe".

This swap was so unbelievably fun!  (And my photoshop skills sure have improved!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Green Beauty Products Should We Be Using?
There Are Over 10,000 Toxic Ingredients In Beauty Products
Kelly Osbourne Dishes On Fall Trends
How-To: Chic and Functional Ponytail for Athletes
Makeup Mistakes To Avoid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...