A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: firefly/serenity swap  (Read 20889 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006 10:40:50 PM »

Firefly/Serenity Goodness!

Here is what I came home to yesterday! (I was so excited about it that I drove over to my Friend's house just so I could show it all to her!) It all came with a lovely personal letter from Ralph.

How fantastic is the presentation? Shocked Look at this decoupaged box! And the little tag attached to it says "You left a...got some of your stuff in a trunk, never did get a chance to drop it off".

The whole package was full of these carefully chosen, appropriate quotes.
Here's what I saw when I opened the box:  Cheesy

I squealed "Look at all the pretties!" and that's exactly what the quote inside the box says!
Look at the fantastic Firefly layout diagrams in the lid!

The box was decoupaged inside ...

and out ...

(Love the Fruity Oaty Bar graphic!)

Now lets have a closer look at some of the pretties:
Bracelets that read "Browncoat" and "Can't stop the signal"

They came with a note that read "You can't stop the signal, Mal. You can never stop the signal."

A Zoe necklace that clasps at the back and fits just right.
(Although here it's modeled by my upside down vase. Hard to photograph whilst wearing, you know?)

A Companion Compact in my favourite colours. Always useful when trying to look as good as Inara...
It had a note with it that read: "Only time I seen something as beautiful is some of the things Inara has"
The outside...
and the inside...
A rearview mirror charm (I will be using it as a bag charm, so I can have it with me always! I love it!)
see the serenity symbol under the glass marble?
Craftsters just love glass marbles dontcha think?  Wink

Kaylee earrings which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! And am wearing as I post this. They are in colours I love. The bead is a red glass with bits of silver foil in it.

The Kaylee pendant and a close up. The colour of the thread is my favourite (red) and very auspicious (meaning it bodes well or is a good sign), which plus the lucky coin, makes for ... well, good luck!

And lastly here are some goodies that came with the package but didn't fit in the box of pretties.
A journal in ... my favourite colours... with nice textured paper and a chopstick holding the handbound book together. And the serenity symbol. Gorgeous. The tag attached reads " Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint" See? Excellent quote choices! So much thought! Shocked

Lastly, the role model every girl should have!  - Prairie Harpy Kaylee!

She is holding her tag, which reads "I seen the trouble plain as day when I was down there on my back"
Now I'm not normally a doll person, but I do believe My Little Prairie Harpy  Kiss  will have to be my car mascot, guarding against mechanical failure, which is what Kaylee does best ( ... or is it second best? Hmm.) Wink

So, yes, good loot! I scored! Thanks Ralph!  Kiss
And thanks for organising Mikan!  Kiss

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 01:40:30 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006 05:07:29 PM »

Thanks Geek-Pride, glad you liked it.

I got my package this morning! and absolutely adored everthing inside!

Here are my pictures, warning, image heavy as there was soo much stuff!

here is a big overall pic of my haul (!) which includes:

A knitted dinosaur I've named Alan (in honour of Alan Tudyk, who plays Wash)
the cape on his back say "we've got to go to the crappy town where I'm a hero"

A bobble headed Geisha doll ! she's just so perfect.

This is the little lable on the bottom

A set of Serenity inspired word bracelets. I'm wearing the Serenity one right now, the others say Kaylee and Zoe 'heart' Wash

A cute Kaylee inspired pendant that I am also wearing right now!

2 pairs of "inevitable betrayal" earings

And matching hairclips.

My very own Jayne hat!!!!!! Which I was running around in this morning until I overheated, its about 25 degrees today.

A Simon T-shirt. It says "Dear Diary, today I was pompous and my sister was crazy" in a frilly script that I bet Simon would use.

A Wash T-shirt! that has a litany of different Wash quotes on it.

An Operative t-shirt (yes hes evil but I still love him) that says: "Do you know what your sin is?"

Everything came with little tage and all the jewelery was wrapped in beautiful vellums and papers with little dinosaur stickers on them!

Thanks Geek-Pride!!!!

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
heather_delong

I am dancin like a monkey!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006 06:02:58 PM »

WOW. I definitely came home from class today to find the most *amazing* package waiting on my desk. (Kindly rescued from the snow by my roommates)

Wide shot of (almost) everything in the parcel, with corner of my neuroanatomy textbook for scale. Wink I absolutely love the t-shirt (those are the characters from the Blue Sun logo, along with the stencil she used to make it, so I can. . .adorn everything else I own!) The white thing is a beautiful, *beautiful* canvas notebook cover, with "Serenity" in Japanese and Korean. The inside of the notebook it came with also has quotes written on random pages. So thoughtful! And, I almost forgot, roughly 1/3 of a Tall Card deck, which I plan to cut out and use as bookmarks.

But wait! You'd think that'd be it, but then she also made me. . .this wonderful bag! It's so roomy, and well-made, I'm so intimidated by the mad sewing-and-crocheting skills this girl has.

so happy it got there still in it's original packaging... the post has eaten some packages over the holidays.
I have a 'thing' for bags, especially big booky ones, so I had to include one of those.

and i learned two things this swap - never assume your mad crocheting skills can whip off a firefly glyph in one go - took a couple tries to get it to recognizable
and never assume your printer will agree with the cardstock you bought and then leave the printing till the VERY last minute...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006 06:07:35 PM by heather_delong » THIS ROCKS   Logged

An it harm none...
BatGrrl
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006 06:46:23 PM »

Wow--looks like you Aussies were well matched for this swap!  I love all the creative and unique crafting going on between you two.  And I still love the geisha (geek-pride and I were swapping ideas and progress pics--allowed us to converse about what we were doing without spoiling our surprises for our partners).  Prairie Harpie Kaylee is great, too--unexpected, and fun!  Yay for all the 'verse crafters!

Pieces,

Joanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006 07:09:53 PM »

OK, I am having serious feelings of crafter deficiency here. This stuff all looks great! I love the geisha bobble-head - I actually thought about making one, but couldn't figure out how to make it work right ;(. And Prairie Harpy Kaylee is too funny!

So, um, BatGrrl, I think I might have left something out of your package. So if I send it later and it bears a striking resemblance to some of the items in the gallery, it's *absolutely* a coincidence Smiley.

Alison
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006 09:56:03 PM »

Heh heh!  Yes I think we Aussie swappers were well matched!
Thanks for you ideas and opinions Batgrrl. It really helped!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006 06:16:57 PM »

I know, its really quite cool looking at both packages posted under one another like that.

And to ammend my post, it was actually 32 degrees yesterday, no wonder I felt sick. heehee

-Ralph

P.S. I give you permission to copy my crafts... remember, you can't stop the signal (!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006 11:52:56 PM »

And if you want the low down on the Wobble Headed Geisha, give me a yell and I'll share all too!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006 08:23:01 AM »

miyoko79 is so SHINY!!!!!

I came home yesterday to find this waiting in my kitchen....... the hubby almost opened it without me (he's a serenity fan too)

a wide shot of all the goodies... purple asian themed bag, gorgeous Inara necklace, really cool buttons, a photo collage, and a beautiful hand stitched sign that says "Kaylee's room" 

please ignore the cat's butt - he has fallen in love with the silky bag and follows it from room to room

close up of the sign

close up of the Inara necklace and you can see the buttons in the corner

I am in awe of all of the crafty goodness.  I have had a really miserable couple of weeks, and this really made my day!!  THANK YOU!!

I also want to thank my swap partner for being patient with me.  I had to have my dog put to sleep last week, and it has really messed with my crafty mojo.  Now after recieving all of my lovelies, I think that I will finally be able to finish my swap items so that I can get them out to my partner.

Jasper  February 1998 - January 2006
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
Cat-n-Caboodle
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006 02:53:26 PM »

All of you are amazing!!!  The stuff you have created is just brilliant!  I am in awe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
When Are You Ready For a DSLR
Critical Shutter Speeds in Macro Photography
How to Choose a Lens For a DSLR - Photography Tips
Nikon J1 Video Sample
GE PJ1 DLP Projector Camera Demo at Photokina 2010
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...