A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,775
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sticks  (Read 1825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rainbowbrit
« on: June 15, 2004 06:26:58 PM »

...thats what i call em anyways.  i was looking for a neat way to divide the space between these two rooms in my apt.  i wanted something cheap, and natural looking.  my mom had a pile of sticks trimmed froma tree in her backyard, so i wired them up on the wall, strung lights through, and tada.  i love decorating these for different holidays too, i hang glittery eggs for easter, stick in green carnations for st. patties day, poinsettas for xmas, on and on.  my friends even decorated for my surprise bday part last year Wink  but my most fav. part, at night they give off the most romantic glow....

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQAAAJcTAYXmBXKYN5t3cfszUOsnPHqKzVRS6yxsdYv!51VwRZfajHD4Xznqh!l3n6Vbp2s8HH2CKN*9UC6U231imflgJzn8cpWqc0kXG0w/sticks.JPG?dc=4675476623362014785

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RACtApsUasrmBXKYN5t3cSyex2vBj78VCAkLQU*3QqbVJdKuKwOBOMbkTEwwJa0Tyi95hPmAGYDpdMWdjMWpcHIvHF*m9u1xOqkgI!GzjxU/sticksnf0.JPG?dc=4675476623578751561

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010 11:56:28 AM by pixieval - Reason: removed broken pic links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
magoshi
lalalander

::shimmering warm and bright::

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004 12:21:37 AM »

That is *really* pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the wild horses couldn't drag me away
Cornflakegirl
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004 05:18:45 PM »

that is such a cute idea! i love it, i'd feel like I was at a fancy restaruant every night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004 05:21:50 PM »

wow! that is so beautiful, thats so awesome how you can change it to look like something to do with a hoilday Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
kuri

I LOVE CHEESE!! <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004 10:40:44 PM »

Wow! That would look really cool in my room (but using bamboo to match ^~ ).
I saw some mini lights (even smaller that you have) and the cord was clear, they we not too expensive (and they were LED's XD yay!).

Im soo.. going to do this! ^^ thank for the idea! Cheesy Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowbrit
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004 04:33:18 AM »

i saw those too...the mini lights.  however, i did this when i first moved in, abotu two years ago. i decided to wait until the lights died before i hung up new ones, but they havent yet! i think it would be too much of a pain cuz i have them all woven in.  since the wall is green you dont really see the cord as much as the picture looks, that flash is TOO bright for its own good sometimes Wink  ive also seen brown cord on the lights which may even look better than the clear, as clear appears to look white or silverish at times.

thanks for all the compliments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laamissa
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004 07:03:21 AM »

I decorate with sticks too... but I have never made something this cool!
It must be so neat lit up in person...Im sure the pics do no justice for it!
You must get tons of compliments about it
 I may have to try something like this in my (soon) new apartment.  Would be pretty inexpensive too! 
Thanks for the inspiration Rainbowbrit!
~M
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*D.I.Y or BUST!*~

www.Pumpky.etsy.com
rainbowbrit
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004 10:15:24 AM »

yes, everyone thinks that it is very unique.  except my dad! he hates them...whenever i talk with him, he says, "hey jess, did you take the sticks down yet?" its a recurring joke we share.

the only cost for the instillation was the wire.  i screwed (cant think of the name..those hooks that screw..like a cup hook but larger?) those into the wall and wired the sticks to them, and to each other for additional support...most are just woven into each other, however.   i used sticks from a "soon to be burned" pile in my moms back yard and used my own xmas lights.  total cost=$1 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Saving, Exporting and Testing
Macromedia Flash 8 - Accessing and Organizing Panels
Macromedia Flash 8 - Navigating the Stage Area
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introduction to Flash: Fundamentals
Macromedia Flash 8 - Using the Publish Preview Command
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...