A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what do we think of "alchemy" on etsy?  (Read 6985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarawearsskirts
« on: January 23, 2006 09:44:33 AM »

hello, fellow etsy-ers!
i was away over the weekend, and logged onto etsy this morning to find "alchemy" - a place for people to post things they'd like made...
i think it seems like a really cool way to strum up business on a slow week and also a great new way for etsy to attract people - hopefully, word'll get out that you can simply place an order and wait for some crafty person to whip it on up and send it over...  this could be great for not-so-crafty brides-to-be or for really personalized gifts. 
is anyone else as excited as i am?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006 10:53:17 AM »

I think it's a good idea! Even if you don't decide to fill the orders, it's already giving me ideas for what items might have a market. And it's just fascinating seeing what people are asking for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
sarawearsskirts
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006 11:02:34 AM »

i agree - i'm noticing already a couple postings for really good laptop cases, etc.
itll definitely be telling of what things are hard to come by, or what things people care enough about to have them made as one-of-a-kinds...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gothmom
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006 05:49:52 PM »

I just negotiated crafting something for someone who had posted on Alchemy.  So far so good.  Its actually nice to know what people want and create it exactly to spec.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006 10:55:20 AM »

I really like it. So far I actually haven't had to make anything but I just sent a girl some felt and now I think I'm going to send another some buttons (granted I can find them  Undecided)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarawearsskirts
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006 01:01:01 PM »

it's been a few weeks and i've had some excellent jobs from etsy - some of it is really fun and i'm having a great time making it.  nothing but enjoyable people requesting items, in my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heather tuscadero
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006 05:24:41 AM »

I love alchemy, I've already bid on one project (a laptop sleeve) and it went really smoothly. I'm constantly checking it to see what else I could bid on...not to mention dreaming up things that I'd like other people to make for me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
circusrunaway
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006 08:51:19 AM »

I'm really looking forward to using alchemy more often, both as a buyer and a seller! As a seller I think it's a great way for doing some market research... to know what's popular, what people want.

What do you think about referring to alchemy in an item's description? For example, I'm making small journals that could be further personalized if the person wants. So I'd like to say something to the effect of, "If you'd like me to personalize the journal for you, feel free to use the alchemy feature and request it," or something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006 08:59:17 AM »

I'm really looking forward to using alchemy more often, both as a buyer and a seller! As a seller I think it's a great way for doing some market research... to know what's popular, what people want.

What do you think about referring to alchemy in an item's description? For example, I'm making small journals that could be further personalized if the person wants. So I'd like to say something to the effect of, "If you'd like me to personalize the journal for you, feel free to use the alchemy feature and request it," or something like that.

I think that sounds fine. There is alo a button on the side, above your profile and it says something like "Request a similar item through Alchemy".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarawearsskirts
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006 09:14:51 AM »

i think encouraging buyers to request things through alchemy is great.
i haven't seen this yet, but i'm guessing you could do the same type of thing that many people do when they post something in their shops specifically for one buyer  - you could have an alchemy project stating "this is an alchemy request for [girlscantell.etsy.com], please don't reply unless you're sara..."
i guess the benefit would be that then the feedback would be double, as it always is with alchemy projects.

i'm still longingly waiting for the day when they have a tab in your shop where you can show off alchemy projects you've completed.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Duct Tape Hat
How to Craft a Duct Tape Halloween Bag
How to Craft a Duct Tape Backpack
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Snowman
How to Turn Regular Socks Into Non-Skid Slipper Socks
Latest Blog Articles
Artsy Garden
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...