A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
848 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: never too soon to be thinking about Christmas-your favorite patterns?  (Read 3659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dahlea
« on: June 15, 2004 04:15:23 PM »

I'm trying to be somewhat smart this year and start Christmas presents early so maybe I can actually finish them.
What are your favorite things to make for gifts (they don't necessarily have to be Christmas related) Any websites, book names, etc. would be helpful!

Here's a great page I found-sewing, knitting and crocheting:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/christmas/gifts.html

(ps in case someone gets upset, i AM double posting this in crochet, because i crochet too and want to hear ideas from there! so i have my reasons.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caradea
Tutorial Contributor

former crocheter, avid photographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004 08:44:20 AM »

I didn't notice this in the crochet section but I went completely mad making snowflakes from crochet thread. There's even a whole website dedicated to thread crochet snowflakes
http://home.teleport.com/~noelvn/snowflakes/index.html
So far all of mine are stiffened with a cooked cornstarch and water mix and they hold up to light wear, I feel. You can add a few glass beads to them too. I'm going to send them as ornaments/gift tags (dualuseage!) with my cheap decorative tins (from Ikea) of homemade fudge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

retroeva
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004 08:51:52 AM »

Flece is god sent in the winter. I got this fabric from the dollar bin at wallmart and it is this FAB deep blue heather cotton (not fleece).... but it is in a round. like, the edges arent cut. I could slip it over my hips and wear it as a skirt with NO SEWING. Odd... I still cant figure out why they would make fabric like that for. Ah well. I bought 5 yards of it so Im gonna go get some light blue fleece and sew up a scarf with those little pockets for your hands and sew on some snowflakes or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of domestic goodness:
http://www.domesticeva.blogspot.com

Craftsman/Victorian Home Swap anyone?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309948.0
ShelbyAD
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004 10:23:35 AM »

Last year I made gifts for 17 people for Christmas!!!  I started in August and finished 2 days before I was going home.  It was a little stressed but also fun.  Surprisingly all of my ideas but one actually worked out and came out great!  I'm not doing it this year, because I'm not going home for Christmas (I live 1,000 miles from my family)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piratebooty
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004 07:03:30 PM »

Cheesy wow somebody who actually plans as far ahead as I do! awesomenessicty!

anyway, I'm looking for x-mas present ideas as well. If it helps any, last year I made sets of marble magnets for most of my friends, and they seemed to go down very well. I also found this rather excellent idea of a milk carton gift box at Thrift Deluxe, which would be purrfect for a stenciled t-shirt or the like.

This year I'm thinking about toothbrush bracelets for all my friends (tried to do some last year but I ran out of time and they didn't come out properly). Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ISH Ionic Rescue Pro Treatment Review
How to Create a Holiday Updo for Short Hair
Simple Way to Spice Up Your Hair
How to Create Retro Hair Style
How to Create a Bow Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...