A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Banksy shirt, Pulp, Maximo Park, Art Brut, Gorillaz (image heavy?)  (Read 2266 times)
Tags for this thread: banksy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mistle_thrush

I've never even met that cat.

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2006 04:52:50 PM »

Soooo, hello, everyone! I still havn't found any freezer paper, so again these are all made either from cardstock or this funny paper I found in the class...

This one was for the teacher I TA for, to thank him for writing my letter of reccomendation. It's taken from a piece of Banksy street art that I particularly enjoy. I thought I'd done a pretty good job, until my mom couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be.

UGH. Okay, so, six colors was probally too many for me to try. It's the cover of the "Hits" album for the band Pulp, but I'm frustrated with it as I didn't get down a think enough coating of paint for each one. Also, there's some blue by Jarvis Cocker's ellbow that's not supposed to be there. Oddly enough, everyone but me thinks it's my best. Isn't that just the way it goes?

Takin' a step back, this was the first multi-color stencil I ever did. It had to be spruced up with a sharpie, but other then that I really really like it. Cover for Maximo Park's album.

Oh, my Art Brut shirt! I gave this one away, but that cursive took years off my life. Love it so much. Words are from the song "Modern Art."
Lastly, a somewhat blurry picture of a 2-D shirt I made for a friend.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ikillbarbies
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006 05:05:15 PM »

Those look amazing!  I love banksy, he was the first stenciler I knew about. I immediately recognized the image.  The one in cursive is very impressive.  You did a really good job with all of those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YouTube Channel Home to my animations and video shorts
mistle_thrush

I've never even met that cat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006 05:38:43 PM »

I immediately recognized the image.

Oh man, you have no idea how glad that makes me! My poor mother stared at it for a good three minutes, trying to figure it out...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiph_thompson

Can't. Stop. Making. Things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006 09:08:39 PM »

Hey, nicely done.  The gorillaz one in particular looks very professional.   I'm a big Banksy fan as well...recently found a bunch of copy-cat t-shirts on sale in a pricey store in my town with his image of ronald macdonald, mickey mouse, and the girl in cambodia covered in napalm.  It's one thing making shirts for yourself - this person was selling them and actually claiming it was their own original art!! good grief.   Anyway, sorry, that was off topic, i was just still kind of fuming about it and needed to vent.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine brings all the boys to the yard.

You'll find the fruits of my labor here:
www.odkins.etsy.com

Great vintage fabrics, books, supplies:
www.TheHaps.etsy.co m
Lynn
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006 01:15:25 PM »

these are really nice! i like the color combination in the second one, they look really nice against the grey shirt.  and the metallic-ness of the gorillaz one is pretty sweet, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellaxsnake
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006 01:52:08 PM »

those look great! that cursive is so impressive, i haven't even attempted any serious cursive yet. that gorillaz one is especially awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

like a skull shaped balloon, i believe in us
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Twist Hair - Blow Drying Natural Textured Hair
Learn how to Twist Hair - Section and Comb-Out
Learn to Twist Hair
Learn how to Cornrow Hair - Finishing the Style
Learn how to Cornrow Hair - Overhand Cornrow
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...