A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Blankets! Now with PATTERN!  (Read 10831 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , baby_blanket , blanket , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

firedupfairy
« on: January 22, 2006 04:49:11 PM »

So, January's been a very busy month for me. Nevermind the fact that I just got done crotcheting and knitting Christmas presents for everyone. A girlfriend of mine at work is having a baby girl this February. Since I've discovered how much easier <i>**usually**</i> and heartfelt homemade gifts can be, I've decided that's the route I'm going to take from now on. So I made Lily a **i must say it** <b>beautiful</b> baby blanket. It's verrigated baby's yarn (can't remember brand), white with peach, cranberry, and green. The pictures make it look more neon than it is. It really reminds me of Rainbow Sherbet! I absolutely love the way this blanket turned out! I told my fiancee that I want a baby girl, so I can make myself a blanket!!!

Another girl I grew up with, and still occasionally see since our mom's are best friends, is having a baby boy in March. The colors they chose were royal blue, olive green, brown and white. Well, it's hard to find yarn those colors and think, "oh, what a cute baby blanket this would make!". So, I stuck with the classic blue and white. I used Bernat Baby Coordinates in Blue Bon Bon and Lion Brand Baby Soft in Baby White. I liked that they both have the shiny white threads intertwined. The pattern seemed a bit small, so mom helped me adjust the pattern to make it a little bigger, by adding one more V. Unfortunately then it turned out incredibly wide. Instead of starting all over, I just decided to flip it around so my ripples are vertical rather than horizontal. All in all, I think it turned out quite nice. I love how soft and thick it is. Quite comfy for cute babies!!!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010 01:09:33 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lararum
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006 05:29:41 PM »

Nice job on the blankets.  I love that rainbow sherbet yarn.  It's a great color combo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006 10:02:15 PM »

Wow, beautiful!  I have to make a baby blanket myself for a couple I'm friends with. Hope it turns out as good as yours.  Love the second one, the blue is wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

femeny

need motivation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006 10:22:19 PM »

Very nice job love the blankets! What brand is the sherbert yarn I luv it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cybilverbeana

mmm...lipstick....mom's good lipstick....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006 10:31:52 PM »

You did a very good job on the blankets...I would have loved to receive one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist list!
http://www.wists.com/cybilverbeana

willing to do personal atc swaps! PM me if interested....
vegas dottie
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006 03:56:11 PM »

what pattern did you use for the girls blanket.  Hope you will share
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firedupfairy
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006 03:51:25 PM »

what pattern did you use for the girls blanket.  Hope you will share

I have an OLD liesure arts rainbow baby afghan that belongs to my brother.
This was Shells and V-Stitch, very easy

ch 165

row 1 DC in 5th chain from hook, * skip next 3 chains, 5dc in next chain (shell made), skip next 3 chs, (dc ch1, dc) in next ch (V-St made); Reapeat from * across. 20 shells

row 2 Ch 3 (counts as first dc from now on), turn 2 dc in first ch-1 space, skip next 3 dc, work V-St in next dc, *work Shell in next V-St (ch 1 sp), skip next 3 dc, work V-St in next dc; Reapeat from * across to last ch-1 sp, 3 dc in last ch-1 space.

row 3 Ch 4 (Counts as first dc plus ch 1 now and throughout), turn; dc in same st *work shell in next V-St, skip next 3 dc, work V-St in next dc; repeat from * across

Repeat rows 2 and 3, 46 times for a total of 96 rows, end by repeating row 2
If you want the edging, don't finish off!!!

Edging[/u]
Round 1 Ch 1, turn, 3sc in first dc (corner), sc evenlyh across to last dc, 3 sc in last dc (corner); working in end of rows, sc evenly across, working in free loops of beginning chain, 3sc in first ch (corner), sc evenlyh across to last ch, 3 sc in last ch (corner); working in end of rows, sc evenlyh across, join with slip st to first sc.
Rnd 2  Ch 3, do NOT turn, working in BLO, dc in same st, work shell in next sc *2dc in next sc and in each sc across to center sc of next corner, work Shell in center sc, repeat from * 2 times more, 2 dc in next sc and in each sc across, join with slip st to first dc
Rnd 3  CH 3, working in BLO, 2dc in next 3 dc, work shell in next dc *dc in next dc and each dc across to center dc of next Shell, work Shell in center dc; repeat from * 3 times more, dc in next dc and in each dc across, join with slip st to first dc
Rnd 4   Ch 3, working in BLO, dc in next 5 dc, work Shell in next dc *dc in next dc and in each dc across to center dc of next Shell, work shell in center dc; repeat from * 2 times more, dc in next dc and in each dc across, join with slip st to first dc; finish off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006 06:52:24 AM »

I like them both but especially the colors of the variegated one!  I love working with variegated and, for me, the brighter, the better  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best New York Pizza
How to Make Baked Catfish with Green Beans and Sweet Onions
How to Make Orange Chicken Burgers
How to Make Candied Clementines
Tangy Vinaigrette Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...