A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: V-DAY Fortune cookies and you don't need an OVEN! !  (Read 4364 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skankingemogirl
Being the Mrs. Never felt so right

Gimmie Moore DIY can't wait to start posting pics

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2006 01:32:27 PM »

hey party peoples...

Ok so I've been with my boyfrined for 4 months going on 5 (awww) we are so alike it's not even funny ok put it this way we're so alike we have th same crown on the same tooth and our birthdays are a day apart !! ! anywho we are both chinese food junkies and we always look forward to finishing our food to get the fortune cookies so this year for valentine's day I am making him fortune cookies and well i'm not the best person to be around an oven so I got a recipie for the FORTUNE COOKIES that don't require an oven !! !

serving size: 10

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup and 2tblsp white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup and 2tsp vegetable oil
3 egg whites
3 tblsp water

Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl stir together flour,sugar,cornstartch and salt. And cooking oil and egg white;stir until smooth add water; mix wel.

2. Make 1 cookie at a time by pouring 1 tablespoon of batter on a lightly greased skillet or griddle; spread into a 3 1/2 inch circle. cook over low heat about 4 minute, or until lightly browned. turn cookie with a wide spatula;cook 1 minute more.

3. working quickly, place cookie on pot holder (muffin pan works too) place fortune in the center of the cookie. fold cookie in half,then fold again over edge of bowl. place in muffin pan to cool. repeat with remaining batter.

once they are cool like the last recipie here that I saw said dip in in chocolate or anything you want... I"m thinking white chocolate with red heart sprinkles... I dunno... I still got a few weeks before the big day see we work together and valentine's day is actually my day off (tuesday) so I'm planing an operation Vday the security guard at work is in this too she's gonna be surprising him every hour by the hour with all these hopeless romantic gifts I'm planing for him... MUHAHAHAHAHA! ! ! ( evil laugh) I just hope he is still working there by then since there is rumors all the people with senority are gonna get laid off which i find stupid... any who... ENJOY ! ! !

comment please if anyone makes them please let me know how they turn out! !
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012 02:21:10 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mrs Moore
Gimmie Moore-DIY
Mizbehaving
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006 03:57:11 PM »

YuuuUUuuuM!  I could eat fortune cookies for every meal. 
Hey, you could also make this fortune cookie (as a card or something) and it requires no oven or skillet!  Who'da thunk.
http://www.gracelin.com/media/book/activities_fortunecraft.pdf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The voices in my head hate you!
aml
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006 11:39:13 AM »

I'll have to try this. Since we don't have ovens in our dormitories this is just perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sammiedora
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006 11:43:30 AM »

hey party peoples...
Ingredients:
3/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup and 2tblsp white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup and 2tsp vegetable oil
3 egg whites
3 tblsp water

1. In a mixing bowl stir together flour,sugar,cornstartch and salt. And cooking oil and egg white;stir until smooth add water; mix wel.

Cornstarch? How much? It's not listed in the ingredients? I don't know what's goin' on... *spaz*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
weirdlilcraftychic

oh wow look at me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006 01:09:27 PM »

um ditto on the cornstarch confusion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amareluna
Head Nerd at Nyxia's Lair

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006 05:00:28 AM »

I made these too!

Here is the recipe I used:

*  1 Egg
    * 1/3 cup Sugar
    * 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
    * 3 Tbsp. Cooking Oil
    * 2 Tbsp. Water
    * 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
    * 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
    * Electric Skillet or Stovetop Griddle
    * Wooden Spoon

Preheat your griddle on medium heat or turn your electric skillet to 350.

In a medium sized bowl, start by using a fork to beat the egg until it is foamy. Add in the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is combined and becomes fluffy.

Add in your flour, oil, water, vanilla extract and cinnamon, stirring until the batter becomes smooth.

Drop the batter onto the griddle or skillet using a tablespoon. Use the back of the spoon to spread the batter into a thin circle about three and a half inches around.

Cooking them is similar to cooking a pancake; as the cookies become done, bubbles or 'holes' will appear and work their way towards the center. Once the bubbles reach the middle of the cookie, use a pancake turner to flip the cookie and lightly brown the other side.

Once your cookie is done, you'll have to work quickly. Flip the cookie onto your hand. (I used a clean paper towel to keep the cookie from sticking to my hand). Place one of your fortune slips in the center of cookie and fold it in half.

Gently wrap the two ends of the cookie toward each other around the handle of the wooden spoon, holding them together for a minute or so until the cookie becomes firm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007 03:10:43 PM »

i'm going to try this for the upcoming vday! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Genesis
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007 07:49:44 PM »

I did this for xmas for my boyfriend. Only, mine were made out of felt. I made 96 (yes I have no life!). 48 green fortunes with good stuff about me. 48 red fortunes with good stuff about him. Mixed together, they made up all the reasons why we complemented one another. I told him he could open one per day if he had the patience. (He didn't, lol.)

He loved it - said it was the best gift he ever got. As a plus, it cost me less than $3.00 to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every passion has its destiny. - Billy Mills
chibi elphie
Mini Elphaba

Crafty Witch of the East

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007 02:00:17 PM »

Oooh, this looks awesome! It's perfect timing that Vietnamese New Year falls four days after V-day. Two birds with one stone!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love means nothing in tennis"

+Nerdy Knits- my blog
+My Wists
jeezjessers

PWNing n00blets. :]

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007 01:37:22 PM »

Ooh, such a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Violin Lessons - Different Parts of the Bow
What are the Different Parts on the Violin
Violin Lessons - How to Hold the Violin Bow
How Difficult is the Violin to Learn
Can I Learn the Violin as an Adult Beginner
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...