A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit Your Own Boyfriend  (Read 3950 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

diosaperdida
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006 11:00:56 AM »

Hmmm...I'm going to knit my husband. That'll crack him up.
Way to go Emma!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
ellawitch
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007 08:32:14 AM »

that's awesome. you definitely get a pat on the back for knitting in the round. it still intimidates me a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cnittycat
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007 05:37:24 AM »

I love him! and I'm very impressed that you can knit in the round...still scares me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CaribouOnTheSea

I could make that.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007 05:52:19 AM »

ok you've inspired me to find a boyfriend by Valentines Day so that i can knit him.  that is my goal!  cause that is SO awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I log my tales of sewing, crafting, thrifting, and traveling over at  www.rtthvintage.blo gspot.com
bemaha
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007 10:29:02 AM »

Hellooo! I've been lurking for a while but when I saw this I decided it was time to join in. Your doll is fabulous! I had a difficult time with this one and I already knew how to knit on dpns. Five days? Yeesh! Took me weeks because I kept getting frustrated and putting mine down. I knit my boyfriend last May, for his birthday. Hope you don't mind if I hijack your post and provide links to a couple photos. How did you attach his hair? I had the toughest time imitating my boy's mop and there was no way I could find yarn anywhere near his lovely shade of ginger.

Little Sam
Sporting his often worn, frequently hated (by me) purple cords and the always present black Chucks, while clutching his beloved Neko Case record.

Big Sam - The real deal
I tried adding a beard to the doll but it wouldn't look like anything except strange facial fungus.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spoongirl
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007 03:57:40 PM »

Awww. I love your little ginger guy, he's awesome!
I can see how you took time over him; he's perfect.
Mine was more, "Agh, no time! Must knit!"
To attach the hair I just pulled a strand of wool through a stitch and tied a knot; making 2 strands of hair. And once I thought there was enough, he got a tidy-up haircut. However, this was highly boring (and at around 3am on Valentines day) so he doesn't exactly have a full head of hair...

Oh, and thank you to the everybody for compliments!

I think this year I'll have to be knitting my own self. The boy keeps complaining that little him has no one to play with.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancedupapillon
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007 02:47:39 PM »

Hellooo! I've been lurking for a while but when I saw this I decided it was time to join in. Your doll is fabulous! I had a difficult time with this one and I already knew how to knit on dpns. Five days? Yeesh! Took me weeks because I kept getting frustrated and putting mine down. I knit my boyfriend last May, for his birthday. Hope you don't mind if I hijack your post and provide links to a couple photos. How did you attach his hair? I had the toughest time imitating my boy's mop and there was no way I could find yarn anywhere near his lovely shade of ginger.

Little Sam
Sporting his often worn, frequently hated (by me) purple cords and the always present black Chucks, while clutching his beloved Neko Case record.

Big Sam - The real deal
I tried adding a beard to the doll but it wouldn't look like anything except strange facial fungus.

Your Sam reminds me of my Sam.  Less the corduroy pants and beard.  Still, though.  Neko Case = awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
punkchick88

I dare you to tell me to walk through fire

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007 02:09:33 PM »

This is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sex on TV is bad...you might fall off

I love personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Baby Hair Clips
Wedding Wear For Kids
Helping a Child Adjust to School Uniforms
Kids Clothing for All Seasons
Rough and Ready Sportswear for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...