A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: lace up opera length fingerless gloves  (Read 18580 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kozytartan
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2006 09:53:49 AM »

well....heres what I came out with yesterday....a practice FO, if you will

As you can see my m1's need work....I'd never done one before, so I learned the easiest quick...she wasn't lying when she said there'd be a hole....

In addition to that, I just want less spacing between the stitches

moral of the story? smaller needles perhaps to go with my smaller yarn? I don't know. Suggestions would be lovely

The yarn Im using is Steinback Wolle (its Austrian...I love my LYS) It says itll get 4in with 33 rows and 25 st on US 3-4 needles

Sorry if that was hard to understand....I dont speak austrian
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://kozytartan.blogspot.com/">

I don't need a guage swatch....I'm using that sweater when I go camping...no...it's the tent
80schick
Don't mess with the librarian

I love purple

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2006 10:17:14 AM »

Woohoo!! I finally made a pair for myself in my favourite colour! This is my fourth pair now, I love this pattern. The beauty of it is that you can make the gloves as long or short as you like according to preference and yarn availability. I made these half the length recommended with 1 ball of Debbie Bliss Cathay on 4mm needles. I love Ysolda's patterns, I'm currently making the skull illusion scarf in Watford Football Team colours for my friend's son's 15th birthday. Anyhow, here are my gloves (Gothtastic):

Phyllis
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dark X rouge

My icon makes me giggle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2006 05:50:06 PM »

*In love*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything and at the same time, are ones who never yawn or say a common place thing but burn, burn, burn, like yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...
-J. Keroua
Gullyer
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2006 09:13:01 AM »

So I still don't have all my knitting skills down. I have two questions. I have knitted all the way to the cast off and now it says to CO stitches by the thumb. My question is what do I do about the yarn? To I cut it off from the cast off and tie it somewhere to the thumb? Or do I use the same yarn all connected and bring it down to the thumb?

My second confusion is when I go to knit the second glove....how do I do a reverse thumb gusset?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysolda
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2006 12:33:46 PM »

you cut the yarn, you can weave it in now or when you're finished. Then you put the held sts from the thumb gusset onto your needles and cast on 2sts right next to the last stitch using new yarn.

To reverse the thumb gusset all you are doing is moving the the position of the gusset. Instead of knitting 4 sts before placing the first marker you would knit 15 sts, the number of sts after you knit after you placed the 2nd marker on the first glove. After that you just work the gusset in exactly the same way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
Gullyer
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2006 05:27:19 PM »

Thanks for the fast response Ysolda! My gloves are coming out great! I now understand the reverse thumb gusset but I am still confused about the finishing of the thumb. So when I cast off the main glove, I cut the yarn.....then do I attach the yarn (in a knot) next to the stitches by the thumb in order to cast on 2 new stitches on the waste yarn (which I will have moved onto my needle)? I guess my confusion is where does the yarn come from if I cut it off the cast off?Huh

Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gullyer
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2006 06:54:18 PM »

Oh Oh! I just figured it out! It just took me a moment wrap my head around and visualize it. So I just leave a long tail to weave in later when I cast on. Got it! Time to finish them up! Thanks again for the explanation!!! I will post when I finish. I am actually making 3 pairs - one for me and two for my girlfriends (as a surprise) to go with our outfits when we go to a club at the end of the month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seika
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2006 07:45:10 AM »

these are wonderful! and I think I'm an idiot....when it says "sl 1, k1, yo, k2tog, k to last 4 sts, ssk, yo, k2" ssk is slip stitch, slip stitch, k2tog right? so wouldn't that take up the last four stitches, so you couldn't k2?  I'm confused and probably just being slightly pout of it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
Gullyer
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2006 10:54:37 PM »

I finally finished mine!! I did 3 pair for some gfs of mine when went to a club. Unfortunatley, I had no idea how to lace them properly and didn't bother since we were on our way to the club.

Check out some photos on my blog. www.uberpishposh.bl ogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kai
"morally conservative and repressed"

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2006 12:22:10 AM »

Wow - those are fabulous!
I want to make a pair and line them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Black and Gold Dual Eyeliner at Badgley Mischka NYFW 2014
Model Molly Sims LIVE
Get the J Crew Model Glow
The Cure for Tired Eyes
Best Spring Lip Shades
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...