A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,091
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Future' Fashion Designers...  (Read 951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LilMissPink
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006 07:38:15 PM »

I do the same thing sort of, well I draw a perfect, complete body and photocopy it but then I usually end up tracing a photocopy because I like to erase my lines and such. I made a nice jacket outline but made the mistake of coloring it with markers out of convienience... it looks ok but i'm gonna have to redo it in better colors and on stiffer paper. I got an idea to print images of fabrics or other things like animal print and trace some parts out of that too, or use actual fabric but I haven't gotten a nice book yet. Does anybody know how I can get or make a book with stiff pages? I don't want to use a scrapbook because it has those plastic things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006 07:41:54 PM »

Cardstock, perhaps? You can cut it to your prefered size (if you buy large sheets).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
LilMissPink
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006 07:57:52 PM »

But then, How do I bind it in a book nicely?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

randimae
teh mae.

trying to find my way across the tree tops.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006 07:59:29 PM »

I don't keep a notebook.  I generally have fabric laying around, so when I have an idea, I make a rough or mini version.  If the first one turns out nice, then there we go!

I would suggest you keep a notebook, though, if you don't have stuff just laying around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tramping though the misty streams of light,
So beautiful, I stare in awe.
headspider
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006 11:30:48 PM »

Does anybody know how I can get or make a book with stiff pages? I don't want to use a scrapbook because it has those plastic things.

Not all scrapbooks have the plastic things... You can also get stiff paged photo albums for sticking photos in with those little photo corner things. They usually come in "natural" and black. Another thing you can do is buy a pack of cardstock and have your local copy place bind it for you. It'll end up with a spiral binding. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jelly.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006 11:37:49 PM »

I have two "Visual Diarys" but I always forget about them and have too much going on to do anything in. One just has doodles and fun things and photos that inspire me stuck in, the other just has lots of magazine cut-outs of things I like, and what I like about them.
I like to design clothes but I can't draw very well at all.  Well I can draw the clothes alright but the people I draw them on always look retarded. 
I usually use a drawing template, which I think is fine, because then everything does look the same and whatnot...however, I went for an interview a few months ago to get into a bachelor of Design course, and got told that I need to learn to draw figures properly. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissPink
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006 12:29:35 PM »

Thanks headspider!

Drawing is fairly easy, you just need time an patience. I've been drawing all my life, so I can't really tell you exactly how I learned but I do know that when it comes to drawing something new you just have to think about it and look carefully at what looks realistic and if not, how to improve it. You could also trying usinga visual aid to learn how to draw people, for example, trying to draw from a picture in a magazine. The only problem with using a visual aid is that you may get caught up on trying to make it look exactly the same when really you're only using it as a guideline. I think it's easier for me to draw as i go, and when drawing a personi usually start with the shoulders and neck, then the hips and the legs, then I go back and do the arms and the head because they tend to be the hardest things for me to make in proportion with the rest of the body. You just have to figure out what your drawing style is and what you can doto improve it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissPink
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006 08:20:21 AM »

This thread got absolutely lost.  Cheesy Anyway Idrew a couple of these last night. However, I made the mistake of drawing them back to back, so the dots on the grey shirt aren't actually supposed to be there. These aren't my final pages, by the way, I just draw them in an old sketch book I have because the paper is nice and stiff. I plan to cut them out and put them into a good book, and on that page leave room for information and a picture of the final product (if I do get there). These shirts are meant to be crocheted and/or knit, because I don't exactly sew good enough to mess with sewing seriously.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 1/7
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 9/19
How to Crochet People Holding Hands Borders
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 8/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 6/19
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...