A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nintendo/Videogame stitchalong?  (Read 21442 times)
Tags for this thread: nintendo , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006 12:38:32 PM »

Oh my gosh I love the mushroom. If you did the controller that would be great. My hubby loves that sort of stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dollmaker

Sweet Home Alabama...you made that!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006 11:04:06 AM »

This is so ironic. Just 2 days ago I started my brother's birthday gift and it is Nintendo themed embroidery. Then I find this thread. I love Craftster !! Here's so pics so far.

Yoshi:

Badies:

Other half of the Badies:

Mario in progress:(Don't know how well you can see it.)

And Megaman (for my husband!):

I embroidered them all then colored them in with colored pencils. I think they look kinda cool.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo
benjibot
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006 07:47:25 AM »

How would one go about making them "bigger?"  I mean, most of the sprites out there are fairly small, which end up being a great size I guess for towels and pillow-cases, but what if I wanted to give one as a gift, like a "large" Mario on a pillow?

They actually end up larger than you might think. Most NES sprites are about 16 x 16 or 16 x 32, so on 14 count fabric they're somewhere between 1 to 3 inches tall. That's certainly not "pillow" big, unless you're making pillows for hamsters, but they take up some space on fabric.

Making them 2x, 3x, 4x or so forth is easy. Just make each pixel 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, or however large you want. Like so:

X

XX
XX

XXX
XXX
XXX

XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX

I've been considering blowing up a sprite. I made one of the question mark blocks from Super Mario Bros. last night and it looks terrific.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy
zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007 02:39:25 AM »

I have these cute little iron on stencil thingies that I bought to use to do some stitching, but have never gotten around to it. If anyone wants a copy of them (there just the outlines) feel free to PM me and Ill scan what you want and send em along!! sorry the pics are crappy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007 01:03:43 AM »

huzzah! I am sooo making that 'shroom right now! Unfortunately, the black I have is verigated.  :-/ 

But its the first xstitch I've done since I was a wee lass, so I'm having fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Immaculata
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007 06:43:06 AM »

I'm going to make my younger brother a Nintendo / Mario themed sampler for his birthday. He's a huge Mario fan.

I either draw patterns myself (after all I'm learning to be a needlework designer so I need some practice) or use darklilac. It's difficult to find the right colours when you're designing patterns yourself, but darlilac finds the right colours in few seconds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MEshelltakeone
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007 05:40:55 AM »

i also am wanting to do some sort of xstitch sampler deal for my nerdy brother.....though he is 30-something, he has a "game/computer" room with a real arcade game he is re-building, and lots of classic game systems and such..so i thought a cool framed xstitch of Zelda, Metroid (his favs) and the like would be neato for him to hang up? but im not sure how large of a project i wanna get myself into...

i also loove darklilac!!! so i will def be using it to make my pattern

any suggestions on how large of a sampler, if i should do a single picture ( like zelda by himself) or do a variety of lets say, Metroid things together??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crosseyedkat
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007 12:35:33 PM »

I did this design recently - only took about a week or so:

http://katgetscrosseyed.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stitchinvaders2.jpg

Used glow in the dark thread to add some extra fun!  Wasn't the easiest thing to stitch with, but I got it done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kat in Texas
WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007 11:46:51 PM »

I did Mandyhello's pattern ages ago but just now was able to scan it in.  I only had variegated colors available at the time, that's why it looks like shit :-/

crosseyedcat, I LOVE your space invaders thing!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007 11:47:59 PM by WitchCatXeen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whateverjames
Dark Lord of the Stitch

Real Men Carry A Craft Bag!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007 10:45:03 AM »

So I did this about six months ago

I love the video game inspired stuff I see on these boards and cant wait to see yours completed!!! I would probably be broke if darklilac charged for using that wonderful, wonderful chart program  Tongue

I have a nintendo controller chart around somewhere I will try to post for anyone who wants it.  I have wanted to do something with it but I have sizable Star Wars and Futurama projects going and dont know when I will make it back to another game one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are two things you should never be mad at: Those you can change and those you can not - Plato.

http://hanstitchedfirst.wordpress.com/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/whateverjames
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Pon And Zi
How to Draw Miki Falls Spring
How to Draw Chibi Kakashi from Naruto
How to Draw the Rascal Flatts
How to Draw E.T. Extra Terrestrial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...