A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teesha Moore Type Journal.. anyone want to play??  (Read 83407 times)
Tags for this thread: journal , teesha_moore  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #660 on: December 21, 2011 11:24:08 AM »

I put two pillows together face to face and sew them on the backside (unembellished side?) using whatever thread I have in my needle...Smiley...I don't care if the stitches show, but they don't...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: December 21, 2011 02:11:33 PM »

Here you can see the small whip stitches around the outside of the pouch. If I were flat joining instead I'd just open this up and there would be that small row stitched in another colour that would be very visible next to the larger stitches that are holding the seam allowances down.

Teesha Moore style pouch by craftylittlemonkey, on Flickr
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012 03:32:23 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #662 on: January 27, 2012 12:27:31 AM »

Okay, I'm hopping in here too! For the moment I'll post links to some finished similar projects I've done, and when I find my camera cord I'll post some in-progress stuff. I have collections of patches going for a Harry Potter bag, an Egyptian themed journal, some nature themed ones for another journal, and other random things. I also have a completed Kobo cover in leopard print embellished with gold beads that I love.

One trick I use when making journals and similar items is to put a piece of plastic canvas in the back cover to give it a bit of stiffness. I didn't read every page here so I don't know if anyone else does that.

So, here's my wedding album for my cousin: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388059.0
A bag I made for Quaggy: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386154.0
Forest King journal, donated to an auction: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=165072
Some random patches (sorry, my camera sucked at the time, they aren't too detailed): http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=150178

I have more journals and will post the photos when I have a moment. Some of the patches, you'll notice, I handpainted the image on and then made the pillow and so on. I like having at least one completely made be me on each item.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #663 on: March 04, 2012 08:18:37 AM »

Beautiful work Icekibby!

I'm thinking I'll try to make something like this for my ribbon, the Teesha Moore squares would look amazing as a neat and functional box. A layer of stiff interfacing inside the squares will help them keep their shape.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiegrasspatterns/6942626945/in/set-72157629491108499/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012 08:19:26 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #664 on: March 08, 2012 05:58:48 AM »

I love the idea of a box, CLM!

I'm struggling with what to do with my patches...I want to display them somehow, but a wall hanging just seems too easy.  I'll probably end up doing a wall hanging, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #665 on: March 08, 2012 08:16:33 AM »

Somebody, Sheepblue I think, made a cushion. Not so terrific with the heavily embellished ones but the rest would work. Someone else mentioned a vest. The body of a hat would work. A table runner or topping for a shelf or for a fireplace mantel if you've got one. Panels to hang beside a window or a door, or a valance type thing (could go over a mirror too). A sewing machine cover. A fabric box, not like the link I posted but something lined that you could keep on a shelf. Bunting! The smaller ones would make neat fridge magnets. Small note pad covers, CD/DVD book cover, cover for the phone book, bible, other large and special book. Fabric blocks with jingles inside for the kids to play with. Chair pads, like a slip over for the back rest part. A remote caddy thing to hang off the arm of the couch. Travel arts and crafts supply caddy with pockets and stuff inside. Crochet hook/knitting needle fold over storage thingy. Wallet/travel wallet.

Ideas...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #666 on: March 08, 2012 10:43:53 AM »

Those ideas are really great. Right now I am making a pile out of mine. Is hoarding a craft? I guess not, but I just can't stop making them long enough to make something out of them  Cheesy

I like the idea of creating a fabric box, something for my dresser to hold jewelry or other items--maybe stacked boxes or baskets in a group. And, I like the idea of hanging multiple panels on a wall. Incorporating a mirror really puts it over the top.

Still thinking....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #667 on: March 08, 2012 11:12:32 AM »

AH!  What would I do without you guys to feed me ideas?!?!?

I think I'm liking both the table runner and the sewing machine cover...definitely have a few more patches to go, though!

Better get stitching (or we need another swap around here.... Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: March 08, 2012 01:38:15 PM »

I think I'm really liking the sewing machine cover idea too! It would be so inspiring to see such a crafty wonder every time I went in to the studio. I'm thinking a door valance thingy for that room too, something like these: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=embroidered+door+valance&FORM=BIFD#x0y0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #669 on: March 09, 2012 05:51:44 AM »

I like the valances with the hanging pieces...I wonder if my husband would let me get away with something like that?? hm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make 2-Ingredient Root Beer Float Popsicles
How to Make Dark Chocolate-Dipped Cherries
How to Decorate Cupcakes With a Theme
Stacked Cherry Puff Pastry Dessert Recipe
How to Make Rocky Road Ice Cream
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...