A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Virgin Mary/Guadalupe Swap  (Read 12203 times)
Tags for this thread: virgin_mary  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fiesty

Snarky Princess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2005 03:49:30 PM »

I got freakigreeniiz's package today. I love the little square box she made, it has an embellished image of the Virgin Mary and its really pretty. I also got the scapular and a matchbox shrine which is super great b/c I've sort of started an impromptu shrine in my bedroom lately and they look great and add alot to my display of treasures. freakigreeniiz-the car visor clip thing I wasn't too sure of, but I'd never seen something quite like it before so I bought it b/c it was unique and I figured that if you didn't have a car (I didn't either when I bought it  Smiley you could find somewhere to put it since its a clip. And like your scapular the Guadalupe poster was something I found right before the swap was announced and made me think it was fate. My neighbors actually moved out and I found it on top of their trash can and moving boxes and rescued it to transform with glitter and glue.  Grin I'm glad youi liked everything though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2005 09:16:56 PM »

i got a wonderful package from metamurph yesterday, and everything is so lovely!

a beautiful jar painted to look like stained glass -

a fabulous doll (and a shirt made out of really funky fabric behind it!) she handsewed most of the doll, and the details are amazing! she has little socks and shoes! and i love the face.

and an extremely beautiful necklace with an amazing mary charm -

AND a shrine!

she's added a charm and some rhinestones to the picture, and it's so awesome.

i love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2005 01:38:02 PM »

ooh i love it!! does the shrine does open? any goodies inside? that doll is too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
craftydame

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2005 02:26:43 PM »

ooh i love it!! does the shrine does open? any goodies inside? that doll is too cute!!

yes, the doors open and she had put the necklace inside. there was also a little folded up note that said "divine secrets" on the outside, and had a recipe for a drink on the inside.

so many little details! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

metamurph
Lifeguarding the gene pool!

Blinkie worm!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2005 05:24:20 PM »

crafty_dame sent an awesome package to me, and I'd like to share a little of her awesomeness and crafty cleverness with you all. Thanks to my partner and stopmoshun for being patient with me during a hard time.

Forgive the crappiness of my pictures. Digital camera what? Instructions, huh?

These are all fabulous things - some plastic button thingies so that I can make my own buttons with my own fibers, a bunch of beautiful Mary buttons (I'm a button freak, and Amy responded to the call), three of the most darlin little charms I've ever seen, and some really cool holographic Mary cards with Oriental writing on the backs! Utter bitchin'-ness! And candy? Yes, there's candy! Gum and mints, with little bible verses on the wrappers. Love, love, love.

She also included the prettiest holographic postcard ever - I couldn't get a good picture of it because it shifted around as I was struggling with the camera, but it's brilliant.

It's an album! She also responded to my freakiness about crochet and knitting and yarns and patterns and provided me a fabulously beautiful place to stash my patterns and ideas. I love this album. It closes with a silky green ribbon and has a lovely green doily on it. And...and...she's knitting! Or doing some kind of needlework. It all counts. I LOVE IT!!

It's a pillow. It's several colors of vinyl. It's Mary. Woohoo - it's mine! It took my breath away when I pulled it out of the box, and now I'm trying to keep it away from my 13-year-old niece, who's decided she's going to sleep with it. She "likes the way it feels." I'm afraid to ask. But I'm not afraid to say that Amy (crafty_dame) makes the straightest stitches I've ever seen.

So that's my bit of swap gallery. I'm glad you liked everything, Amy, and I'm very grateful for your patience (again). I have one more swap to finish up, and I'm going to make the last bit of it between tonight and tomorrow, then take a breath. This has been a nice swap - thank you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a sewing pattern? Check out my Etsy:

http://singlebutcrafty.etsy.com
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2005 08:32:16 PM »

that pillow is flippin' awesome

i have been in the process of moving, and i'm moving for the 3rd time in 7 wks so i haven't been able to get online hardly at all...
so sorry for not posting pics still. the one thing i did keep unpacked during the move was my awesome VM box with leopard print fuzzy on the inside--it holds my post-its.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
lilgothkatt
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2006 07:40:09 PM »

So I know I'm like a million months late in posting this. My dad took pics on his digi and it took him this long to get them to me. Undecided
here's what I recieved:

A truely awsome pillow which has found a lovely home on my couch. a great decopauged box which fits my embroidary thread perfectly and a virgin mary necklace.

closeup of the pillow. It says "mary is my homegirl"

And here's what I sent:

It's a tapestry I found a t a thrit store for $1 BTW I bought a whole bunch
A cigar box purse with guadalupe on it
NOT SHOWN: glcyern soap with virgin mary pendant embedded
seashell guadalupe shrine

close up of seashell shrine

close up of cigar box purse
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
stopmoshun
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2006 08:07:24 PM »

i love the seashell shrine!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2006 04:10:29 AM »

i love the seashell shrine!!!

me too! and the pillow's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Inspired by Gwyneth Platrow
Maura Lynch Shows off Her Perfect Outfit
How To Layer for Fall
Master Music-Festival Dressing in 3 Looks
3 Fresh Ways To Wear Stripes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...