A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello, Atlanta girl here (well north atlanta..)  (Read 6130 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mediadiva
« on: June 14, 2004 09:40:07 AM »

I found this forum when looking for Stich'n'Bitch in Atlanta. I found the Atlanta Crafting Group looks really awsume so I hope to get out to one of those if it's still going on!

I am 25 and I started learning to knit in late April. I am addicted. As the ladies call the yarn store, it is a "crack house" because it's like a drug you need your FIX!

This may sound dorky but I want to knit bath matts! Designer cotton ones can be so pricey why not make our own!

Here is one:
http://www.handworksgallery.com/splash.jpg

It's from http://www.handworksgallery.com/r29kits.htm  Rowan Magazine Nr. 29 which I am anxiously awaiting via snail mail.

A sweater for my sister son:
http://knit.mediadiva.net/archives/werk_03-thumb.jpg

Pattern:
http://www.sirdar.co.uk/FTP/ProductLargeImages/2062.jpg

Next up:

Rowan
http://www.handworksgallery.com/moonbeam.jpg

Dale of Norway
http://www.woodlandwoolworks.com/Knitting/Yarn/DaleofNorway/Trend123/Trend123Cvr.jpg
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012 08:05:43 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004 04:00:08 PM »

Where in N Atlanta are you? I was in Roswell for the past 2 years, but DH & I just moved to Marietta about a month ago.  Craft group is definitely still going on. Check the thread, there's a meeting this Thursday.  You should join us and bring your knitting! I knit, too, but haven't been able to buy any yarn with a clear conscience since the beginning of the year when I was "downsized."  Now that I'm finally working again, perhaps I'll start buying yarn again. But first thing's to finish my shapely tank so hubby doesn't get too suspicious.

Melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever feel that you *have* to use a signature?

nytefalle.com/blog | nytefalle.etsy.com
mediadiva
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004 07:00:13 PM »

oh great maybe you can help me with this freakin sophie bag, its giving me hell! RIBBIT RIBBIT!

I live in Forsyth! Work in Alpharetta. I visit Cast on Cottage in Alpharetta for my yarn and tools. Mike-Hells never has anythning and walmart is worse. Though I think Mike's has Boyles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004 08:55:29 PM »

I'm working in Roswell now, an exit up from where I used to live, so I'll probably still go by Cast on Cottage for yarn. It was a pain to get there before they closed with my last job (near Cumberland Mall) but now that I'm working part-time, it's actually on the way home.  Nease's Needleworks in Decatur has slightly better pricing on some of their yarn, ie Cascade 220, and a great staff.  The Hobby Lobby at Holcomb Bridge & Alpharetta Hwy has a larger selection of Boye needles than Michaels.  I'm a fan of Boye's interchangable needles, which HL carries individually.  Unfortunately, their yarn is way overpriced to be Red Heart & such.  Joann's carries Clover bamboo needles, although I can't use bamboo.  My stitches get so tight that I've actually broken a needle trying to knit. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mediadiva
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004 09:19:18 AM »

Wow breaking a needle, wow you knit tight. Bamboo from what I understand is not good for wools and in my opinion 100% cuttons that are sticky like mission falls. I ador the alluminum Addi Turbos. I havn't used plastic.

I figure now that i work and have a fiance to share the bills with I deserve the high end tools. But even so, I am not a yarn snob (maybe I am and I am in denial..) I just think the cost of yarn is way to high. $18 for one skein! And we are not talkin aver 200 yards!! I hope knitting becomes very popuplar and drives the prices down, but i doubt it. It can cost nearly $200 to make a large sweater out of the decent wools.

I also love baby Alpaca. I want to make a cabled (Aran?) scarf with it as my first cabled project. I also have a hard time getting to that store. I have school on saturdays from 9-3 so I have to run over after school if I ever want to go or get permission from my manager to be gone for 1.5 hours for lunch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004 04:06:02 PM »

Forsyth County here, too!!  I have been crocheting awhile, knitting for alltogether six months.  I am terrible at it.   My experience at Cast on Cottage was not that great...  But I digress.   If you gals are getting together to stitch sometime, I would love to join! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004 05:14:03 PM »

sounds like all us north GA knittiners should get together up here once a month and have knit in's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004 10:51:18 AM »

Sounds good to me... Any ideas on when and where?

If you guys are around Windward or Northpoint, there's always a Starbucks.  I'm sure we can put our heads together and think of somewhere fun to stitch. 

« Last Edit: June 20, 2004 12:54:29 PM by Cayta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004 07:19:13 PM »

yes me and mesllisa are near windward! We both work their (if i remember what she said correctly) so maybe we could meat after work one day! There are always lunches also. I would love to meat off windward on a sunday or something for like 2 houes and knit etc.. whichever works!

If those things sound good we just need to pick a place and a date and time. I know there is a starbucks on windward on the east side that is bigger then the little one near kinkos on the west side. The one on the east side is near I think mellow muchroom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004 03:34:42 PM »

My job is really flexable. You two choose the time and date.  Evenings and lunches would work, if my job keeps me in Alpharetta that day. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004 06:54:27 AM »

i hate when i spell meet as meat..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004 02:44:01 PM »

I actually thought it was funny.  Just think about meating someone.  Yes, I'm seven.   I always want to spell soup "supe" or soap "sope".  I don't know, I think it's funny.  Anyway, when do you ladies want to get together?  We could shoot for after work sometime next week, or on the weekend evening or whatever. Let me know, I'm excited.  (Which by the way, I spelled "exited" on all of our wedding directions.  For like, a hundred people.  Seriously. )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divasteph

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004 08:02:33 AM »

me! me! me! - Melissa lives in Marietta and works of Holcomb Bridge - she I am sure would love to get in on this! - I however, live right across the street from where Brandy works - so...I want in! - You are all welcome to come to my house a Sunday afternoon and knit! I nice relaxed knitting group is something I would nevermind having at my home on a peaceful sunday afternoon...
xoxo
Stephanie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mediadiva
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004 10:50:23 AM »

Next friday I can't do cause I have a hair apt in buckhead after work.

Maybe next wednesday afternoon? I get off work at around 5:30.

That would be wednesday the 30th.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2004 02:48:10 PM »

As of right now, Wednesday the 30th works for me.  We could meet at the bigger Starbucks on Windward?  If anyone has a better suggestion, please mention it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004 11:30:59 AM »

which one? there are two. The one next to Cingular Wirless and kinkos?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004 03:01:25 PM »

Not that one, the larger one near Jason's Deli, Wolf Camera, and Moe's.  Windward Concourse I think?  They seem to have a bit more room to get comfy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004 09:52:34 AM »

I'll try to make it.  Chris has that day off and we usually spend his off days buying groceries and things like that, but we'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mediadiva
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004 06:15:39 PM »

so who is coming tommorow? I don't want to be alone Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004 01:06:46 PM »

okay well I havn't heard that anyone is coming so I don't think it wise for me to show up! No knitting alone for me, no sir!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004 01:54:28 PM »

Mediadiva-
My internet has been down for three days!!! I'm sorry I couldn't confirm.  I really want to do this.  Maybe we can plan for next week?  I was so worried that it wouldn't work out, and then the stupid internet...
Oh well. Let me know if next week works for you guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2004 07:54:23 PM »

next wednesday would rock!! everyone come here wednesday to confirm. You, me, steph and mel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2004 11:21:14 AM »

Ok.  Starbucks Windward, (next to Wolf Camera in Windward Concourse) on [b]Wednesday, July 7th at 6:30pm[/b].  Is that doable for everyone?  If it needs to be later or somewhere else, please speak up!  I, for one, am very flexable.  I just randomly put something down.  Also, for those of you who don't knit, come anyway!  Bring your cross stitch, embroidery, quilt pieces, etc. 
I stopped by that Sbucks last night (they were giving out "samples" of frappachinos so I had to get in on the hookup) and they had an open mike kinda thing.  It may be hard to talk if they plan to do it next week also, but if anyone wants to read their poetry, bring it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2004 10:53:39 AM »

I probably will get there earlier tho, like 5:30 or 6 because I get off work then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2004 03:42:43 PM »

I'm good for six, too. Wednesday, July 7th, 6pm Windward Parkway Starbucks.
Everyone up for that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2004 06:47:53 PM »

Go ahead and count me in.
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mediadiva
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2004 11:41:22 AM »

Melissa! yay! sounds good, we just need to reel in steph Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2004 12:33:46 PM »

I am so excited to be getting together with kindred spirits! (and so close to home)  For the past couple of years (since I've lived this far north) I've felt as though I were the only one within twenty miles that was not a soccer mom or engineer.  I have got to meet some of the Atlanta Glitterati a few weeks back, but of course, I had to leave early because I live a bit up 400.   Also, being the hermit I am, I have no excuse for not getting together with you gals!  It's just too convienent.  I am so looking forward to meeting all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2004 02:28:47 PM »

ditto Smiley I am not an engineer but I am a computer geek.. but I love to knit! woot! We gotta get steph to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2004 09:54:55 AM »

You guys better show up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2004 10:57:51 AM »

Cry  Sorry guys. I'm home sick. The rules are that if I'm too sick to go to work, I'm too sick to do other stuff, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mediadiva
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2004 01:49:04 PM »

ah alrighty then. I give up planning for now. Maybe steph can take over planning.. I'm gonna go home and stick my head in a toilet..

lol

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2004 04:25:30 PM »

I was there... At least I got some work done on a project.  Smiley  We have to get together soon!!!!  I'm so sorry it didn't work out again this time.  Would anyone else like to make a suggestion?  I'm up for next Wednesday if you are... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2004 06:22:41 PM »

as it turned out I accidently parked in a "big wigs" spot at my work today. I didn't see the stupid sign, its not like a handicap sign.. and they BOOTED MY CAR and I had to sit around trying to find the lady who had to give security permission to take it off. TOTALLY gave me a head ache..

Well C, Melissa was sick this week, steph was sick this week and after two attemps I give up trying to arrang things lol. I'm going nutty with all this wedding crap.

I would love to meet you tho, have you met melissa or steph before?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2004 07:15:09 AM »

if you guys are still trying to meet up, may i join you?  i'm really dying to find some people to knit with.  please let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2004 08:40:53 AM »

Hmm...there's the craft group meeting tonight, but perhaps we could shoot for a knitting get together next Wednesday?  Anyone interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mediadiva
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2004 10:03:23 AM »

well mellisa you be in charge of arranging it for next week. I have no luck with it!

Who is going to todays meeting? I havn't made up my mind yet and i forgot my knitting at home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lana Del Rey: Steal Her Style
Boyfriend Style Hijack!
Kardashian Style Klash: Kim Vs Kendall 2013
The Style Sins of Paris Hilton
Different Celeb Same Dress: Kyle Minogue, Nicki Minaj and JLaw
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...