A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello, Atlanta girl here (well north atlanta..)  (Read 6014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mediadiva
« on: June 14, 2004 09:40:07 AM »

I found this forum when looking for Stich'n'Bitch in Atlanta. I found the Atlanta Crafting Group looks really awsume so I hope to get out to one of those if it's still going on!

I am 25 and I started learning to knit in late April. I am addicted. As the ladies call the yarn store, it is a "crack house" because it's like a drug you need your FIX!

This may sound dorky but I want to knit bath matts! Designer cotton ones can be so pricey why not make our own!

Here is one:
http://www.handworksgallery.com/splash.jpg

It's from http://www.handworksgallery.com/r29kits.htm  Rowan Magazine Nr. 29 which I am anxiously awaiting via snail mail.

A sweater for my sister son:
http://knit.mediadiva.net/archives/werk_03-thumb.jpg

Pattern:
http://www.sirdar.co.uk/FTP/ProductLargeImages/2062.jpg

Next up:

Rowan
http://www.handworksgallery.com/moonbeam.jpg

Dale of Norway
http://www.woodlandwoolworks.com/Knitting/Yarn/DaleofNorway/Trend123/Trend123Cvr.jpg
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012 08:05:43 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004 04:00:08 PM »

Where in N Atlanta are you? I was in Roswell for the past 2 years, but DH & I just moved to Marietta about a month ago.  Craft group is definitely still going on. Check the thread, there's a meeting this Thursday.  You should join us and bring your knitting! I knit, too, but haven't been able to buy any yarn with a clear conscience since the beginning of the year when I was "downsized."  Now that I'm finally working again, perhaps I'll start buying yarn again. But first thing's to finish my shapely tank so hubby doesn't get too suspicious.

Melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever feel that you *have* to use a signature?

nytefalle.com/blog | nytefalle.etsy.com
mediadiva
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004 07:00:13 PM »

oh great maybe you can help me with this freakin sophie bag, its giving me hell! RIBBIT RIBBIT!

I live in Forsyth! Work in Alpharetta. I visit Cast on Cottage in Alpharetta for my yarn and tools. Mike-Hells never has anythning and walmart is worse. Though I think Mike's has Boyles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004 08:55:29 PM »

I'm working in Roswell now, an exit up from where I used to live, so I'll probably still go by Cast on Cottage for yarn. It was a pain to get there before they closed with my last job (near Cumberland Mall) but now that I'm working part-time, it's actually on the way home.  Nease's Needleworks in Decatur has slightly better pricing on some of their yarn, ie Cascade 220, and a great staff.  The Hobby Lobby at Holcomb Bridge & Alpharetta Hwy has a larger selection of Boye needles than Michaels.  I'm a fan of Boye's interchangable needles, which HL carries individually.  Unfortunately, their yarn is way overpriced to be Red Heart & such.  Joann's carries Clover bamboo needles, although I can't use bamboo.  My stitches get so tight that I've actually broken a needle trying to knit. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever feel that you *have* to use a signature?

nytefalle.com/blog | nytefalle.etsy.com
mediadiva
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004 09:19:18 AM »

Wow breaking a needle, wow you knit tight. Bamboo from what I understand is not good for wools and in my opinion 100% cuttons that are sticky like mission falls. I ador the alluminum Addi Turbos. I havn't used plastic.

I figure now that i work and have a fiance to share the bills with I deserve the high end tools. But even so, I am not a yarn snob (maybe I am and I am in denial..) I just think the cost of yarn is way to high. $18 for one skein! And we are not talkin aver 200 yards!! I hope knitting becomes very popuplar and drives the prices down, but i doubt it. It can cost nearly $200 to make a large sweater out of the decent wools.

I also love baby Alpaca. I want to make a cabled (Aran?) scarf with it as my first cabled project. I also have a hard time getting to that store. I have school on saturdays from 9-3 so I have to run over after school if I ever want to go or get permission from my manager to be gone for 1.5 hours for lunch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004 04:06:02 PM »

Forsyth County here, too!!  I have been crocheting awhile, knitting for alltogether six months.  I am terrible at it.   My experience at Cast on Cottage was not that great...  But I digress.   If you gals are getting together to stitch sometime, I would love to join! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004 05:14:03 PM »

sounds like all us north GA knittiners should get together up here once a month and have knit in's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004 10:51:18 AM »

Sounds good to me... Any ideas on when and where?

If you guys are around Windward or Northpoint, there's always a Starbucks.  I'm sure we can put our heads together and think of somewhere fun to stitch. 

« Last Edit: June 20, 2004 12:54:29 PM by Cayta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004 07:19:13 PM »

yes me and mesllisa are near windward! We both work their (if i remember what she said correctly) so maybe we could meat after work one day! There are always lunches also. I would love to meat off windward on a sunday or something for like 2 houes and knit etc.. whichever works!

If those things sound good we just need to pick a place and a date and time. I know there is a starbucks on windward on the east side that is bigger then the little one near kinkos on the west side. The one on the east side is near I think mellow muchroom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cayta

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004 03:34:42 PM »

My job is really flexable. You two choose the time and date.  Evenings and lunches would work, if my job keeps me in Alpharetta that day. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 3/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 19/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 17/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 18/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 20/29
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...