A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Square Cracker Tins  (Read 588 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cebsme
« on: January 19, 2006 12:09:40 PM »

I have 5 of these cracker tins from Sky flakes they are square with circular openings and the lids come completely out and i dont have the lids anymore. They look very retro in there shape to me and i wanted to make some kind of organizer for the garage where my crafts are, i just have a block as to how to do it.

Heres a couple pictures....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
curlygirl

we must be the change we wish to see in the world

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006 04:08:03 PM »

you could paint them and glue them together on the sides all in a row, poke some holes in the back with a nail and then hang them up for reach in storage,

or you could poke two holes( one one either side near the top) and thread wire through to make little hanging baskets, kind of like those baskets you see in kitchens that people keep their onions in
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sogno
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006 10:10:06 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sogno
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006 10:12:32 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sogno
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006 10:19:22 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fudgegirl
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006 10:22:35 PM »

Hey, those are kinda cool! I'd use them for wrapping for bracelets or other smallish presents. People think they've got a box of crackers for their birthday, then - wait! its a bracelet! i dunno...maybe thats the sort of wierd thing only i would do Huh
 Smiley Fudgegirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cebsme
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006 06:49:27 AM »

Sogno- those are beautiful. Since we just moved i actually get a craft room now so i can do these and im definitely going to use what youve done for a model for mine, to match my room colors and style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luciabug
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006 07:06:36 AM »

cebsme -I would probably just keep the tins as they are! They're cool. Or I'd use the sheet metal to make jewelry/hair pins or flowers... I do like a tin can! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CardCrafter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006 08:04:20 AM »

I have a cupboard full of tins - I keep them all, and yes, hubby does get annoyed, LOL!

I do similar to Sogno plus a few other ideas:

I use ordinary craft glue to wrap fabric around them, using large ones for wastepaper baskets and smaller ones for pen/pencil holders on my desk (no handle on them though).  These also make great house warming or office warming gifts.

I use them to wrap gifts - if you have a gift that would fit into a tin, wrap the tin with cellophane paper and tie the cellophane together at the top with a pretty ribbon (the tins are not covered, just left silver after the original paper wrapping is removed).

With or without some kind of wrapping on the tins, you could make two little holes on either side to string a ribbon handle through, put a few fresh picked flowers in, and hang them from your patio or trees if you're having an outdoor get-together with friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Andy Warhol Drawing Bought For $5 Could Fetch Nearly $2 Million
Service Dog Inspires Artist to Paint With Wheelchair
Local Artist Competition Energizes Texas Art Scene
How to Draw Dragons with Emily Gravett
Justin Bieber Made Out of Crayons
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...