A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
747 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kittyville Hat  (Read 11452 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkyhooker
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006 08:57:08 PM »

Thank you,, she's very sweet and shares my love of fibers! he he he
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
fabricfightsfire
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006 05:53:54 PM »

aaa! i feel so lame. Ok, so im a scarf person, seeing as thats the only thing i seem to be able to do, but i usually get bored and stop because i dont really care if i have a 3rd chunky green scarf. I got this book just to learn how to knit, and i can do basics and stuff, but i have no idea how to do the hat!!!! I have circular needles and the double pointed ones but i really dont get the instructions, plus i cant figure out how to cast on on the  circualr needles (plus when i try to use the double ponited it falls off one end!). IM SUPER DETERMINED TO MAKE THIS HAT! If someone could try and explain anything about it to me, id be soooo happy! Im basically someone who loves knitting but has no idea how to read instruction books, considering i first learned out to knit in girl scouts in like 6th grade, in which we quit/gave up before we ever learned to bind of (the need for this book a year or 2 later...) THANKS SO MUCH!
Lizzie
   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
fabricfightsfire
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006 05:54:44 PM »

(sorry for the weirdo colored writing..)
aaa! i feel so lame. Ok, so im a scarf person, seeing as thats the only thing i seem to be able to do, but i usually get bored and stop because i dont really care if i have a 3rd chunky green scarf. I got this book just to learn how to knit, and i can do basics and stuff, but i have no idea how to do the hat!!!! I have circular needles and the double pointed ones but i really dont get the instructions, plus i cant figure out how to cast on on the  circualr needles (plus when i try to use the double ponited it falls off one end!). IM SUPER DETERMINED TO MAKE THIS HAT! If someone could try and explain anything about it to me, id be soooo happy! Im basically someone who loves knitting but has no idea how to read instruction books, considering i first learned out to knit in girl scouts in like 6th grade, in which we quit/gave up before we ever learned to bind of (the need for this book a year or 2 later...) THANKS SO MUCH!
Lizzie   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006 09:16:36 AM »

fabricfightsfire:  I feel your pain!!  I learned to knit from my neighbor but she only ever makes dishcloths so I had to kinda figure this stuff out myself.  What really helped me was knittinghelp.com.  At this site they have videos (really helpful for a visual learner like me!!) of pretty much everything.  Good luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
fabricfightsfire
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006 05:52:49 PM »

wow thanks so much night owl! The site seems really helpful! Im still having a little trouble with the circular and double pointed needles, but i think im ok for now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
peopleshootinghat
You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.

it's so stimulating being your hat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006 07:39:54 AM »

xamonster:  heeheehee at least you still liked the pattern Wink  I'm always running into problems w/gauge 'cause I hate swatching.  Usually I just alter the pattern so it works but with tychus I didn't have to (yay!)

peopleshootinghat:  So cute; I love the color!!  What yarn did you use?  And the matching mittens are hot too Cheesy  I can't seem to be able to find a good mitten pattern, which one did you use??

well... the yarn was red heart comfort prints in worsted weight. I forget the colour no I bought it a long time ago and the tag is missing. it's 100% acrylic and normally you can get huge 12oz ball for around $7 if you go to wallmart or something.

here's the link to the mitten pattern:
http://www.knitting-crochet.com/mitforthefam.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006 07:41:27 AM by peopleshootinghat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good!
nedshark
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006 03:06:09 PM »

(plus when i try to use the double ponited it falls off one end!). 

The trick I use to keep stitches on my DPNs while knitting hats (or anything with lots of stitches) is putting point protectors on the tips that aren't currently being used to make stitches. Works like a charm, unless of course I accidentally knock one of the point protectors off and don't realize it!  Grin

As an added bonus, if you use different colored ones on the needle ends that end and begin a row, it makes keeping track of that really easy, especially for increases/decreases.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyhooker
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006 07:52:39 PM »

I don't know if your willing to give this a go or not but when I find that I'm having trouble keeping my stitches on the dps,, it's usually cuz I'm knitting too loosely or I have too many stitches on one needle.  This can be cured by a second set of dps.  I just divide my stitches up into smaller amounts on more needles.  I've done this quite a few times 'cuz I hate circulars.  Also.... you have to try and remember after the completion of each needle to shove your stitches back to the center.  It seems a pain but reduces your need to cuss! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
kelabraxas
:)

insert wit here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006 04:19:47 AM »

look heres mine!!!

i'm the one on the right...my roommate is modeling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my etsy shop @ underwhere.etsy.com
i make ipod covers and flet stuff.
night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006 12:36:55 PM »

kelabraxas: great job!!  I love the color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The History of Quilting in America
A Simple Recipe for Making Soap
Soap Making Troubleshooting
How To Make Liquid Soap
Expansion Plans of the Crocker Art Museum in Sacramento, California
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...