A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advertising your Etsy shop!  (Read 41215 times)
Tags for this thread: advertising  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beevintagehoney
Handmade Vintage Pin Up Inspired Hair Fascinators for Sale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2008 09:28:33 PM »

a cheap way to advertise!!!!

I just ordered a bunch of business cards that I designed, from vistaprint, they have high shipping costs, but I was able to find a deal for 500 high quality cards for $1.99, several template designs available, they have free card offers, now and then, and other deals.

I also ordered 2 car magnets (the kind real estate agents use, the large ones) I got them for $12 each (regularly $15 each I think) I am putting one on my car and one on my husband's car. It has the name of my business, what I sell, and my etsy store address.

Hope this helps!!

www.beevintagehoney .etsy.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Vintage Pin Up Inspired Hair Fascinators for Sale.

http://beevintagehoney.etsy.com

please send comments!
To The 9s

I make accessories, often using vintage components

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2008 11:01:16 AM »

I really like that giveaway idea.  I think I'm going to tell people that they need to go to my etsy shop address to see giveaway details....and make one there.  Question, should you make the item specific in the giveaway or maybe a choice of two items?  Maybe I'll do an item of your choice in my shop?  I'm so indecisive...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadbeth
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2008 06:31:33 PM »

Here is a great article I found with ways to improve your traffic.
http://timothyadamdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/10/3-fixes-to-low-views-on-etsy.html

The giveaway idea is a great way to get people to check out your shop. The look at the giveaway item, view your other items, favorite you and possibly buy soemthing else because they didnt win!

here is a great blog that does lots of giveaway and get good traffic.
http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.blogspot.com/

I am actually doing a giveaway on this blog the beginning of next week for a felt gingerbread cooking baking set. This will be my first giveaway so I will see how much it helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Epheriell
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2008 04:49:51 AM »

Facebook!!! Use it. I got my first sales through old friends through FB. Put a link to your site in your profile. Upload images of your products. Use your status to announce new creations (or, do what I do and have your twitter updates come up on your FB status). It's a fantastic way to get your stuff out there amongst a network of friendly people! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JimJuris
« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2008 06:57:23 PM »

I have a link on my blog.  I still have a lot more to do to promote my Etsy shop.  I am going to place a link on my Inexpensive Jewelry Photography website, advertise on Craigs List, and sign up with Twitter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

UnusualGiftsFor
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2008 05:08:16 PM »

If anyone wants to get extra traffic to their etsy shops I am offering to do reviews of etsy stores on my website incredibly cheap. You can find out detailed information about everything that is included at this link http://unusualgiftsfor.com/purchase-a-review
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ClearCutCrafts2007
http://www.clearcutcrafts.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2009 07:17:03 PM »

A couple of things I have tried to get more sales are:

1. Networking. I swapped my business cards with another few Etsyians. I sent 50 to each of them and they did same with me. When we send our orders out I include their cards as well.

2. Blogging, Blogging and more Blogging, I am new to blogging but from all I have read it is truly the way to go.

3. Twitter, I have my own store and Etsy store and I used to twitter to get people to both it has proven very successful this week as I put a heap on follow and then checked my site statistics and they went up 50%.

4. When I send out my products I attach a free butterfly to a thank you card and on that card I offer a future discount of 10%. It makes the customer feel special and then in turn more prone to return for future sales.

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pandoraslocker
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2009 04:14:05 PM »

Recently, I have done the following

-bought 250 business cards from vista print.
-blog
-twitter (this actually drives a good number of visitors into my shop!)
-expanded what my store sells (in the form of a jewelry line)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pandora's Locker Plastic Charms
Twitter
Blog

*Will swap anything in my shop (charms, beads, and jewelry) for bath and beauty products!
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2009 05:33:19 PM »

I'm trying vistaprint thanks to the advice here.

Hows their shipping timeframe? Basically what they quote you or is it faster?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hamira
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2009 04:00:15 PM »

Also, include 2 business cards with every order you sell. That way the purchaser can hand one out to a friend who expresses interest in your product.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...