A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advertising your Etsy shop!  (Read 40916 times)
Tags for this thread: advertising  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Stattica
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2007 12:38:39 PM »

Thanks for posting the Facebook app. I'm going to try it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mei
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2008 01:43:15 AM »

That is awesome! Thank you very much for posting the Facebook application. A group and I were discussing the other day about how there should be an Etsy app on Facebook, and now there is one for us to use!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Online store of handmade goodness: Tiny Hands Jewelry
childs play
Apple Creek Designs

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2008 05:35:33 PM »

I don't know if they'll accept this, but here's what I did today. The university I graduated from sends out a little newspaper type publication a few times a year and you can submit your news about getting a new job or promotion. I filled out the form stating I had started my own business with my etsy address. I don't know if they'll include the website address, but it doesn't hurt to try. Who knows if I'll get any response from it, but it's free.

Another idea I had tonight. One of the high schools in town has a big annual carnival each year and they have a huge silent auction. Everything is laid out on tables for everyone to see. So I'm thinking of donating some of my products next year. There are so many people that come through there that the lost of money from a few products would be well worth it. So donate to a fundraiser and stick a business card in with the merchandise.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008 09:13:43 PM by childs play » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LanaTurnerSmile

Throw your petticoat over the windmill!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2008 01:44:33 AM »

Thank you everyone for the really useful information!. I've just opened a shop and all advice is great  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately seeking patterns Butterick 6174 &  Vogue 8251!
saveaquarter
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2008 09:23:28 AM »

Hey guys. My fiance just opened his Etsy store (mine is in the works, I'm gathering and creating stock) and we were both wondering where you guys, especially those of you who have lots of sales, do all your promoting. We've made posts on livejournal, he's opened an ad on craigslist. I'll be promoting through myspace, but I don't think he wants to jump on the myspace wagon just yet.

http://feltcats.etsy.com is his store, he's a photographer, and we're trying to encourage sales by incorporating his prints into functional things like blank cards, I'm going to make a few journals for him, etc, so we're fighting an uphill battle as it is. He's only had the store open for a few weeks, but has already been in a Treasury and was offered a front page feature! He's being featured in a local blog, participated in a trade with another member with no sales. Do you guys have other ideas for us? Lay them on me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2008 06:50:00 AM »

Set up an account on Flickr, that's www.flickr.com and upload photos of your work there.  If you both are selling unrelated items, like photography and yarnwork, for example, I suggest you BOTH open your own Flickr account.  A NOTE on Flickr...you CANNOT say "XXX is for sale on Etsy" or "buy this XXX on www.XXX.com" or ANYTHING advertising where to get something as they WILL pull your albums down.  Just list what IT is in the title/description stuff.  You CAN put links to Etsy, MySpace, etc. on your profile information there...basically, people checking out your photos on there can check YOU out and see your link and go to your store that way.  Also, join groups on Flickr, post and upload your photos to these groups as well.  Others browsing or that belong to the groups will see your 'stuff' and come check you out Smiley 

Another place I, and many others, advertise is on Squidoo, that's www.squidoo.com   This is a website that you can basically create your own 'mini website' ALL about WHATEVER you want it to be, called a lens!  Most people create lenses about what they know, what they like, or what they make.  Here you can link to your Flickr account to have photos of your work, write about your work and the story behind it, what goes into it, etc.  You can even setup a comment section, a link section that allows others to participate in your lens and leave comments, feedback, add their own links to their stores, etc.  It has a bit of a learning curve, but there are a lot of great lens out there ABOUT how to build a lens!

I do MySpace as well, not sure if it has generated any sales, but it is fun to connect with other artists.  Check me out at myspace.com/_thesapphiremoon if you would like to see what mine is all about and check out the great artists that I have as friends. 

I am not a big 'blogger', but maybe this will help me out some more...I just don't have the time...I barely have time to keep up with Etsy, eBay and MySpace...I have neglected my Flickr and Squidoo for some time now...ARGH...so much to do and NOT enough time to do it all between a full time job and all these side projects!!!  LOL~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
saveaquarter
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2008 05:06:10 PM »

Thanks! We both have flickr accounts that we've been using, but I didn't know about those rules!

I've heard of squidoo but never really been sure just what it's all about. I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lessthanastar
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2008 05:39:02 PM »

I opened an etsy shop a couple months ago, but have not may very many sales =( (and the ones that I have made were from family).

Somebody told me that I need to advertise more, but i'm not sure how to go about doing that.

Any advice? Or constructive critisism on my store that may help me make more saleS?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008 10:15:04 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spooky.kitty
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2008 12:25:12 AM »

if you want i could make you some banners for free
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le-Chat
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2008 10:32:38 AM »

I just found these two great links:
http://etsymini.blogspot.com/
http://buriedtreasury.blogspot.com/
These are blogs that will place your Etsy mini if you submit!

And I found them on http://smidge.ca which is also a great interactive site for both buyers and sellers. I take part in the monthly Giveaway there for the second time now, it hasn't generated any sales yet, but my daily shop views have doubled at least.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008 10:46:30 AM by Le-Chat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my t-2-t adventures and my own ecclectic way of recycling:
http://trashcollector.blogspot.com

Buy eco-friendly in my Etsy Shop:
http://LeChatCrochet.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Draw A Clown
Learn How To Draw Betty Boop
How To Draw The Moon
How To Draw A Cartoon Alien
How To Draw Saturn
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...