A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Skein Stirling Cloche NOW WITH PATTERN, pg. 6!  (Read 84370 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anniefee
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2006 09:32:32 AM »

ok! so i finished! stirling yarn in wine.....

post-felted, pre-embellished...it's not as small as it looks! i couldn't get a good close up without blurriness, so i am kind of angling down on it.

i'm pretty excited about it....looks good to me! i have this cool gold-y antique looking velvet lace ribbon i'm going to attach to it. i also have a little birdie pin i may or may not add. it's a gift for a friend of mine's birthday (may 28 - whoops). i may felt it a little more before embellishing and sending....there are a lot of little stray loops and teenytiny strands of yarn that i'd like to make a little tighter.

yay!!! thanks so much, skrillaknits! i'm totally going to get that book as soon as it's published. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2006 11:04:36 AM »

I love that color.  I used the same color skrilla did, but it's much more bland than I thought it would be.  Her pic looked like the yarn had a lot more color variation in it.  I may need to try to felt it again cause it's still a little big.  I haven't even put anything on it yet...  I was SO excited to make it and it's now faded a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
virginiawoolf
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2006 10:53:53 AM »

I would love to make this hat in the Stirling Mohair, but I live in Canadia and the shipping costs are exorbitant. Does anyone know of a Canadian retailer of this yarn? Or perhaps a similar yarn from a Canadian company?

I'm loving the wine coloured hat. For my version, I'm thinking maybe black with a pink ribbon...something demure...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A canadian is someone who can make love in a canoe."
Le blog: http://emmasfavouritethings.blogspot.com/
Ember77

Shopaholic Against Reform

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2006 06:35:29 AM »

After felting it...are you guys using anything to block it over?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreams, born and living, have but one soul; Yours.

Visit the insanity:
http://essentialnatalie.blogspot.com/

PM me for personal swaps!!
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2006 12:58:34 PM »

I just used a bowl, but then my husband told me it looked like a british military helmet so you may not want to listen to what I did!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
anniefee
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2006 02:36:22 PM »

After felting it...are you guys using anything to block it over?

you mean like shaping? (forgive my lack of official knitting language knowledge Smiley)

in my picture the hat is actually being shaped by a cereal bowl set on top of a pyrex mixing bowl. the cereal bowl was about the right shape of the crown of the head and the mixing bowl helped shape it into the bell shape. that's pretty much it. i don't have one of those fancy glass head shapes, but i might look into getting one! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

Ember77

Shopaholic Against Reform

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2006 06:20:37 AM »

yes, shaping!

The last time I tried to shape a hat, it did the military hat thing too because of the bowl I used Wink

I'm going to have to look at those fake heads too, otherwise I'll start putting mixing bowls on my head in the store to see how they measure up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreams, born and living, have but one soul; Yours.

Visit the insanity:
http://essentialnatalie.blogspot.com/

PM me for personal swaps!!
anniefee
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2006 05:50:11 AM »

I'm going to have to look at those fake heads too, otherwise I'll start putting mixing bowls on my head in the store to see how they measure up.

hahaha.....that's exactly what i was doing in my kitchen! my husband thought i was nuts. Smiley i wonder if i can find one of those heads at the flea market.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessliak
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2006 05:57:41 AM »

I finished it up, but how stiff is your fabric?  My hat seems rather limp, but it is the correct size.  I don't know if I should felt it more or not!  It does look like a gumdrop!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are so many ways to die without losing your life.

www.baskinginbliss. blogspot.com
www.lulu.com/content/292980
udhillb
I live a knitting life, everything else is secondary. "Want to go out for a drink?" "Nope, sorry, I have a project at home that I'm close to finishing."

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2006 06:04:41 AM »

That is an adorable hat! I love gum drops! I need to improve my knitting skills so I can make one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kristen Stewart Is the Best Dressed Woman of 2013
How to Deal With Love Handles
Underwear That Flatters Your Figure
Picking the Right Panties For Your Body
3 Lightweight Hoodies For Spring Workouts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...