A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Skein Stirling Cloche NOW WITH PATTERN, pg. 6!  (Read 90153 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anniefee
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2006 05:54:25 PM »

this might be a superdumb question, but how would i go about attaching a ribbon to the hat, sort of like how skrilla's original hat has? i can't figure out how to sew it on.... Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
skrillaknits
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2006 11:19:24 AM »

yay!!! thanks so much, skrillaknits! i'm totally going to get that book as soon as it's published. Cheesy

It looks great!! And the birdie pin sounds like the perfect touch. If you liked my pattern be sure to check out the latest Valley Yarns/Webs catalog, a lot of the patterns that will be in the one skein book are also available through us. It's good stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Rast ich, so rost ich." [German Proverb]
skrillaknits
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2006 11:22:31 AM »

this might be a superdumb question, but how would i go about attaching a ribbon to the hat, sort of like how skrilla's original hat has? i can't figure out how to sew it on.... Huh

Not superdumb at all--I basically tacked it down in several spots around the hat making sure that I didn't pull it too tightly: I put the hat on and then put the ribbon where I wanted it to be, stuck a few pins in it and then tacked it down the same way that I would sew on a two-hole button. To save work I did a running stitch to the next point where I wanted to tack (several inches over) as it didn't show at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skrillaknits
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2006 11:25:03 AM »

I love that color.  I used the same color skrilla did, but it's much more bland than I thought it would be.  Her pic looked like the yarn had a lot more color variation in it.  I may need to try to felt it again cause it's still a little big.  I haven't even put anything on it yet...  I was SO excited to make it and it's now faded a bit.

Sorry to hear that the color was a letdown...the Stirling comes in tons of lovely colors but I chose a neutral so it'd be versitile. Also, I posted two pictures and one was heavily Photoshopped...

I bet you could overdye it pretty easily with Kool-Aid or an acid dye =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2006 11:25:46 AM »

yay!!! thanks so much, skrillaknits! i'm totally going to get that book as soon as it's published. Cheesy

It looks great!! And the birdie pin sounds like the perfect touch. If you liked my pattern be sure to check out the latest Valley Yarns/Webs catalog, a lot of the patterns that will be in the one skein book are also available through us. It's good stuff!

thanks! i'll definitely check it out! and thanks, too, for the tip on ribbon-adding. i'm pretty clumsy, but hopefully i'm not so clumsy i stick a pin in my head Smiley it'll work! thank you.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

joelosaurus
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2006 11:41:02 AM »

Cool stirling cloche, I like it. That book looks pretty cool, I bet your pumped for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skrillaknits
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2006 04:26:44 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that the book is  is now out. The pattern is still available for free here, on page 6 of this thread, but I know a lot of you were excited about the idea of a one-skein book. I've flipped through it, it's definitely a decent collection!

http://www.amazon.com/One-Skein-Wonders-Judith-Durant/dp/1580176453/sr=8-1/qid=1163636624/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8172885-6212034?ie=UTF8&s=books
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2006 05:05:12 PM »

thanks, skrilla! i will definitely check it out. i love one skein projects! and thanks again for posting it up here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marlie2
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2006 07:39:45 PM »

Christmas list!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kai
"morally conservative and repressed"

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2006 08:41:41 PM »

OK, listen - I am going to make myself one of these, PRONTO. Yours looks amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Salmon with Vegetables
How to make Dazzling Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
Southern Catfish Chowder Recipe
How to Make a Pan Seared Pork Chops
How to Make Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...