A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: lazy girl's "stained" glass  (Read 18117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2006 10:59:30 PM »

you could use fabric paints the same way - they would have a slightly different effect but they still create the stained glass look; i did this a long time ago when i was living at home, it was perfect for temporary decoration as it peeled off easily without damaging anything and i could change it whenever i wanted to. the paints didn't seem to be affected at all by moisture from the window so this might work for a bathroom.

I need to test this idea.  I've been wanting to give my bathroom window a stained glass effect, but I need something temporary so I can change it whenever I want, and so that Mom doesn't see my changed window, freak out, and wonder whether it's time to kick out her sometimes overly creative kid  Wink

Heraldric animals would look really cool, if I blew up the picture and placed it behind the window as a template.  Or Dover books of iron-on transfers they make great templates for tracing in other projects I've done.  Of course, that would require getting up on a ladder to tape it onto the back of the window.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marlie2
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006 05:57:38 PM »

I can't even believe how amazing that is. Wow. I MUST try this!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006 06:29:36 PM »

Once I get my arse in gear and get to painting, I'll have updates on the original post.  I'm working on two entirely new windows for my mum's bedroom:

and I'm planning on obliterating the sunsetty/moon/castle-silhouette one 'cause I'm sick of looking at it.  I figure that would be a good chance to get pics of the removal of the paint and the application of a new design...if anybody's interested...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006 08:35:57 PM »

I'm interested.  I make a mess cleaning things up, and I'd love to see how you do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
marlie2
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006 08:37:33 PM »

I'm interested too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliastriona_angerboda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006 09:47:14 PM »

Cool.  You'll be my motivation to get to work  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2006 10:35:04 AM »

I had been thinking about posting this forever, but never got around to it.  I did something very similar for a huge project on stained glass I did in high school.  we made many different types of "stained glass" but my favorites were done with black sharpie and watered down acrylic on window glaze sheets (like thin, and cheap, plexiglass).  worked really well.

I'll post a pic at some point if anyone cares.  I still have all of them at home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliastriona_angerboda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2006 10:40:01 AM »

Sounds neat  Smiley  Please, do share.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K_lox
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2006 02:49:16 PM »

What an awesome ideas. All of your windows are gorgeous, especially the kitchen window. I should totally paint my dorm window next semester like a nerdy unruly college student!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gennyvieve
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2006 03:54:53 PM »

wow, those are really gorgeous!!!

now, since you used acrylic, do you think it would easily come off? i ask because i'm just renting right now, so i don't want to do something that is permanent or that would cost me my deposit.....so i'd want to be able to take it off when i move in a couple years.....but i have some glass doors that i don't use the blind, but i hate that you can see into my apt, so that would solve my problem.....i'd tought about getting the adhesive ones, but i'm picky about designs.....

at any rate, those are just beyond beautiful and you are very very talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter B
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter F
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter C
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter E
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter A
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...