A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 100 Journal Swap  (Read 6058 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princessblueberry
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006 09:07:09 PM »

Wow!! Amazing journals. . .can hardly wait to work on them  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
princessblueberry
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006 06:54:08 PM »

Cheesy  goatgoddess' journal is in and the imigination flowing  Wink  am working on it right now. . .will scan when I finish my aditions. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006 07:26:23 PM »

I got busy and couldn't really get anything done on my journal to start it off except put some "Autograph" tags in the back.

I got a new job and had to help them move the office and look for a new apartment on a different side of town.

So, I'll scan my own work in when I get the book back in a year Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyousBohemian
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006 12:56:25 PM »

Ooooof, I suppose it's time to show my journal to the rest of you lovely people.  Princessblueberry, I've get pics of yours uploaded soon.

So.  My theme is freedom.  My journal is sketchbook sized.  Hilarity ensued.
First page:

The poem in the center is called "Burden" by Peter Kane Dufault.  Even though you'll see it at some point this year, I definitely encourage you to check it out; it's absolutely beautiful.  The black and white is a picture I took and printed a couple years ago of the rain on the outside of my window.  It pops up from the rest of the page when the book is opened.  The rest is monochromatic magazine collagey stuff.
Und page 2:

Pastels and letter punch.  It says, "when I was a little girl, there were times that the sky was a perfect shade of blue and I would revolve, heliotropic, under it until my legs gave out.  It was like flying for me--an escape from the earthbound".  This is on hinges, and the inside says, "I've been searching for that feeling for the rest of my life.  I like finding it in the little things." Incidentally, those red/gold/bronze/orange colors are my absolutely favorites, hint hint.
Page 3:

Some times where I felt most free.  Coupled with a quote from King Lear about fate.
Page 4:

This is actually page four, five, and six, since I sewed two sheets together.  The inside is another picture I took of fairy lights, and the words say "the possibility of freedom is the light in the dark".  I then sewed up the bottom haphazardly.  I like the effect, and may use it on many, many other people's journals.  Heeee.
Page 5:

An altered book story I made a little bit ago about truth and freedom.  It is actually straight on the page, I promise.
Page 6:

This is the freewrite on freedom I did for this journal.  (and my signature.)  Since that's normally how I journal, I thought I'd give you all a view inside my strange head.  Let me know if you want to see the text.
That's it! Thanks for looking.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of yours; what I've seen of other journals makes me really excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my hand-dyed fiber!
portfiber.etsy.com
goatgoddess
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006 01:22:52 PM »

Oh that is very nice - love how your text free flows - I tend to line mine all up and I much perfer the free flow look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006 07:01:45 PM »

Ooooof, I suppose it's time to show my journal to the rest of you lovely people.  Princessblueberry, I've get pics of yours uploaded soon.

Wow. . .my journal feels a bit nakid after looking at these awsoeme sneak peaks  Cheesy  Can hardly wait to see what people add   Cool

Am having fun working on goatgoddess' journal. . .last night I worked on it for 2 and a half hours and am still working on those same three pages. . .but part of the was writing poetry  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

juniperthimble
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006 07:56:14 PM »

JoyousBohemian, your journal looks so magical, the sewing is really interesting, i'm looking forward to seeing it up close!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beanblossom
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006 08:17:08 PM »

JoyousBohemian - I really like your style and the detail to what you do.  This is going to motivate me to grow even more in my style.

Here are pictures of the journal I made.  I made it by hand and tried to make the binding have plenty of room to grow.

This is the back:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011 02:41:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you live each day of your life. -Jonathan Swift
goatgoddess
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006 06:57:33 AM »

Oh your journal is so nice beanblossom - the colors are so pretty and you can never go wrong with the muppets <G>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beanblossom
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2006 02:32:51 PM »

I recieved JoyousBohemian's journal about freedom.  I haven't read everything yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  I like how big the pages are.  Lots of room for "scope of the imagination"!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you live each day of your life. -Jonathan Swift
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Ribbon Wreath
How to Wrap Awkward Shaped Christmas Presents
Top 3 DIY Holiday Decorations Tutorial
How to Create the Perfect Festive Wreath
Learn a Crocheted Slip Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...