A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,530
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 8 yr old makes his own backpack  (Read 8410 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lin_saavedra
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006 02:15:47 PM »

better them sew then watch TV Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft_t_chic
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006 08:40:42 PM »

I remember when I was little, I had got a toy sewing machine for Christmas...I don't think I ever made anything on it, but I sure sewed together lots of scraps! One day my brother was supposed to be laying down for a nap, and we heard the machine running...mom went upstairs to find him sitting on the floor sewing his lil heart out. It makes me laugh to think about it! You talking about your little ones sewing just made me think of it. That's so awesome that you let them use your machines though...the crafty stuff really does stick with you. I don't have the same passions my mother has when it comes to crafting, but I have passion about other crafts but I don't know that I would have thought of crafting the way I do had she not shared so much with me growing up....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
breakfastclub122

NO I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YO WEINA!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006 05:36:38 PM »

is it bad that im wanting a tutorial for something an 8 year old can make?
everytime i attempt a back pack its a disaster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkensteins
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2006 08:08:51 PM »

HA HA HA!!!!!!! I will have to have him make another! it was pretty easy actually! Maybe he and I can make one this weekend! Smiley I am going to go check the zipper collection! (We'll see if he will be up to it, finicky finicky kids I tell ya!) I will do a tutorial all alone if he won't help, but it would be so fun to do it with him! I bet he will do it, he is a sucker for positive attention!  Cheesy If he won't do it, I am SURE his 6 year old brother will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

breakfastclub122

NO I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YO WEINA!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006 06:31:58 PM »

thanks! haha i'm looking forward to it... it'll help me get through the rest of the week!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkensteins
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2006 02:17:45 PM »

Well, I could not get the kids do do this with me Sad I am going to make a backpack for my husband this week though, so I will make a tutorial as I go on that. Sorry I didn't do it this weekend. It just went so fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlankGirl

im a ghost gone mad, an angel in the dopesmoke

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006 11:24:34 AM »

boys raised to be crafty men!!!!! Hurray! he did a great job! and at 8 years old!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I paint these little pictures with a temporary poison. each one just like the other. i wonder why i even bother.
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006 12:09:26 PM »

Great job Riley & Mum!!  I bet Riley is so proud of his work!!  As he should - what a project to tackle!!!

Echoing everyone's comments about raising crafty boys!!!  I'm teaching my 6 year old son to sew - he sewed two pillowcases, one for him and one for his little brother.  He's sooooooo proud of it.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006 02:20:50 PM »

Wow!  That is incredible!  Great job, Riley!  (and Mom!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
amyb444
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006 10:53:50 PM »

He did an awesome job! My mom sewed when I was little, and if I was in the position your son is in (i.e. I made something and my mom posted it online and told me how everyone was impressed with it) I would have thought that was the coolest thing ever.

And one of the machines I thought was old and junky and had avoided it for years.

The machine I use is my mom's old one, and today she had to sit and think about whether or not it's older than me! (I'm almost 22, and she decided the machine is somewhere around 15-20.) I definitely know what you mean about not knowing how to fix it when things go wrong. I'm still a baby sewer, and whenever anything happens with that machine, I try and get more and more frustrated, and end up calling my mommy. The funny thing is that I swear she doesn't even really DO anything to it, she just looks at it and it works. I don't get it. I guess the machine knows she means business.

This post brought back all sorts of good memories about my mom teaching me to sew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Fringes
How to Curl Frizz
How to Curl Hair with a Straightener
How to Curl Hair with Rollers
How to Curl Short Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...