A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tiki bathroom (aka: my roommie thinks i'm crazy!) (VERY img heavy)  (Read 23981 times)
Tags for this thread: tiki , bathroom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LuluB
« on: January 17, 2006 02:02:22 PM »

for many, many years i have wanted a tiki themed bathroom but i never had roommates who would indulge me in my dream until now.  my roommate, a fellow craftster, and i moved into our place in august and this has been my pet project.  i had the albums for ages (i used to collect album art and other albums are all over our place) but most of the stuff i started to acquire once i found out that my dream bathroom was to be reality.  most of the stuff came from ebay (the shower curtain, tiki mugs, small bamboo shelf, hawaii tray, and framed pictures above the small frame [i also got some great fabric with which i'll be making a toilet seat cover and adding accents to the guest towels]).  the big shelf was on sale at pottery barn teen ($30 from $90!). i made the bamboo towel hoop and the tiki towel, the trash can, and the toilet brush holder.  everything else that's tiki was given to me by family and friends (my obsession makes me easy to shop for!).  anyway, enough with the preface, here's it is!

before:

and after!:

yea! and aloha!
erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DTchick
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006 02:05:42 PM »

Wow, that's amazing. I want one now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
spunkkygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006 02:06:09 PM »

I love it!! I like the palm trees on your toilet, are those painted on or stickers?  All you need now is hula skirt for the toilet bowl, lol!!!  Might be a pain though.  Great Job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk.  That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.- Ernest Hemingway
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006 02:07:41 PM »

That is the most beautiful bathroom ever!!!  I totally adore it.  My husband and I went on our honeymoon in Hawaii back in May... it brings back wonderful memories of Aloha!

My name is also Erika-- another reason I wanted to respond!  I don't often see it spelled that way! (properly -- he he)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkyhooker
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006 02:08:27 PM »

That does totally rock! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
bluelise
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006 02:08:58 PM »

I love the album art and the shelves! What a great job you did!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps. PM me for availability and ideas!
http://girlinabook.blogspot.com
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006 02:14:20 PM »

the toilet art is awesome!  themed rooms are like heaven to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006 02:16:12 PM »

This is fantastic!! I *love* a themed bathroom... and yours is just great! It's such a small room that it's fun to go overboard with the decor in there. Currently, we have a Paris (France, not Hilton) themed bathroom and a skull/skeleton themed bathroom. In the past, I've had bathrooms that are cartoon-themed, beach-themed, hockey-themed, to name a few. Whee! It's always nice to know that I am not alone with the enthusiastic embracing of bathroom themes! Mahalo for sharing this with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
shsupernova
funny love

your chopsticks dance will win over his heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006 02:29:29 PM »

that is fantastic!  we have a hawaiian themed bathroom as well, but yours is much, much better.  Wink   i love it!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my website!  thecleverkitty.com
and my etsy shop! www.thecleverkitty.etsy.com
LuluB
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006 02:29:50 PM »

I love it!! I like the palm trees on your toilet, are those painted on or stickers?  All you need now is hula skirt for the toilet bowl, lol!!!  Might be a pain though.  Great Job.

they're stickers.  i also put some on the mirror but didn't get a new picture of it, being a mirror and all.  funny, i do want to put a hula skirt 'round the sink.  soon, very soon!

thanks for all the luv,
erika

ps- sonjaboo, it really is the only, proper way to spell the name, isn't it?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
‘Top Chef’ Host Perfects Stir Fry
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Tom Kha Gai) Recipe
Filipino Dinner Roll Recipe (Pandesal)
Cooking With Miso
Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...