A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 308,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet Olympics Anyone** had to be done  (Read 3845 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: January 17, 2006 10:21:46 AM »

Ok guys, I guess we just have to do it! There's a Knitting Olympics challenge going on right now;
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=74324.0
Is there anyone interested in creating a new event in the Olympics? Crocheting event? I would be happy to attempt to figure out a button similar to the one fo rth eknitters, we could have our own Craft Olympics!!! OMG! Off to training camp... ' honey cancel everything, I'm in serious training...' *runs off with lots of pointy things in hand*....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006 11:06:56 AM »

OMG I would be interested because I can barely crochet a coaster but I reallly want to make this: http://www.colinette.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1543cd3fd89dc84/shopdata/0010_patterns/product_details.shopscript?article=0002_Femme%2BFatale%2B%3D28BFEM%3D29

BUT... Are the crochet Olympics held at the same time as the knitting Olympics?  I don't think it would be sensible of me to compete in two categories.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006 01:12:45 PM »

OMG I would be interested because I can barely crochet a coaster but I reallly want to make this: http://www.colinette.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1543cd3fd89dc84/shopdata/0010_patterns/product_details.shopscript?article=0002_Femme%2Fatal%2B%3D28BFEM%3D29

BUT... Are the crochet Olympics held at the same time as the knitting Olympics?  I don't think it would be sensible of me to compete in two categories.  Sad
...and while it wouldn't make sense for me either, if I get a similar thread going over in trinkets and jewelry making, I could be a competitive Tri-Craft-alete!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006 02:34:36 PM »

Ooohhhh, a tricraftalete~! Yes! Just as the Sporting Olympics go, if you chose to compete in more than one event, well, then you chose to compete in more than one event! I as well, am doing the Jr knitting event. I would definately have to put a lot of things on the back burner, many take out dinners, to sacrifice for extra training, but I just got back from Ben Franklin's crafts, and am currently in 2 swaps so I think I will be nice and trained up for both events by Feb! 
Shall we make this a crchet-a-long now.....?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006 03:58:57 PM »

Ok guys and gals, it's official!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=74471.0
go post yourself and your project and TRAIN! TRAIN!TRAIN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006 07:47:29 PM »

okay, I'm a little scared because I read the requirements and I'm afraid of the massive knot of yarn I may end up with. But, I think I'm willing to compete.

Now this also means that I actually have to get the blog up and running on my site in order for me to take advantage of the button I may or may not recieve.

So, do I just post my name, rank and project in the other thread?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006 09:11:56 PM »

Yea, you go girl! I love the granny square cat blanket idea! I need something like that... a small project for granny squares, because I am sure I would get sick of those things by the time I had enough to make anything worth having!!!
Woo Hoo!
I still haven't decided what I'm going to so, I am going through all my patterns right now and even went to Ben Franklin's (yarn sale) today for inspiration... maybe a kid's sweater...
I'm excited!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
hjo101
Lost in a sea of yarn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006 04:05:41 AM »

i've made a billion blankets and scarves. i think it is time for me to accept the challange and make something a little more difficult. but what should i make? any ideas would be a great help and ideas with patters would be the best. thanks guys
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BluegrassBeagles
Swamp Witch

Rrruff! Rruff! <Bark!> Rruff!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006 08:30:05 AM »

i've made a billion blankets and scarves. i think it is time for me to accept the challange and make something a little more difficult. but what should i make? any ideas would be a great help and ideas with patters would be the best. thanks guys

Me too! What to make? What to make? Hmmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've discovered the wonderful world of blogs:
http://swampwitch.wordpress.com/

REduce
REuse
REcycle
REJOICE!
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006 01:08:25 PM »

Ok, those of us that are tired of scarves, hats and cozies need to brainstorm... I have some very cool patterns form Martha Stewart for the BEST snowflakes I have seen... http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=channel181145 apparently the website only gives you one of the 5 patterns that were printed in the magazine I pulled them out of... anyway, I am going to start this year, and have a bunch of them done, so I can make a snowflake garland for my firelplace.... something to think about... how many snowflakes can you get done in the Olympics?
ALso;
a shawl would be a challenge
mittens
a recycled grocery bag gracery bag
a fabric crocheted throw rug
I have a great pattern for slippers
Also a pattern I've never used, for a toddler hoodie
And I even have one for a bathrobe...

Anyone else have any other ideas... even if you think it's too easy or too hard for you to do throw it out there, it might be perfect for someone else!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Coffee Filter Roses
Love You Like No Otter

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...