A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,079
Currently Running With Scissors:
815 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 46671 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kdigggs
« Reply #390 on: February 24, 2006 07:08:36 PM »

I'm done with my Olympic project!  I knitted a cabled belt out of Vogue Knitting: Weekend Knits, using Sugar and Cream in ecru.  It wasn't a super huge project, but it was a challenge for me.  But I came out of it confident about cables and following a pattern!  There are more pictures on my blog.

http://kdigggs.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some women follow their dreams. Others mercilessly chase them down until they catch them.

kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: February 24, 2006 08:45:56 PM »

You guys are all so awesome...  I can't stop coming back to this thread to see all the finished work!  Rockin' the house down.    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet
« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2006 05:16:11 AM »

Here's my Mariah -- it's unblocked and without a zip in this picture, but it's blocked now and I'll sew the zipper in tomorrow. Smiley

I'm still rather unsure of how I managed to finish this.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: February 25, 2006 08:04:07 AM »

Well I haven't posted since my "olympic woes" about my blanket dyelot dilemma.  Wanted to say thanks to all who commiserated with and advised me. While I loved the fact that someone sent me a dye link for stuff used by prisons & laundrys Smiley I finally decided to color block my big, cabled blanket, and I'm loving it, actually. There will be 4 colors when I finish: off white (aran), then beige, then medium brown, then dark, coffee brown...kinda like moving from cream to latte to coffee with a touch of cream to black coffee. I'm a coffee fiend so it's appropriate. I kipped several hours yesterday at a coffee shop, and by 2 pm I'll be half-way through. I declare myself successful...becuas e I've learned enough about making cables & ripping back only portions to fix cabling mistakes, that I am confident I can create & design my own cables now (whether ribbles or standard cables). I also had the good sense to take the yarnharlot's "pledge" seriously (about this not being the real olympics) and took a mental break of 4 days from the blanket to get over the whole mixed-dylot rookie mistake I'd succumbed to. I also had to drive myself (instead of ride & knit) to a 3 day conference - 6 hours in the car each way.) Also, as a bi-craftlete I did make a lovely pair of scalloped handwarmers which I've been wearing quite a bit.
I had planned to make the 2 pm Team NC kipping, but sad to say it's just not going to happen for me, so I hope those of you there enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: February 25, 2006 09:27:19 AM »

Here's my Mariah -- it's unblocked and without a zip in this picture, but it's blocked now and I'll sew the zipper in tomorrow. Smiley  I'm still rather unsure of how I managed to finish this.

Shocked  WOW!  That is awesome!   Shocked  You did an awesome job!  I bow to your knitter-ness. 

For the olympics, I guess I could say I finished the Anthropologie-inspired capelet seen here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=62281.260 and a frogged Odessa hat.  I did learn that DK Yarn on size US 5 needles takes a damn-long time, and that it is very difficult to fix dropped YO stitches...  I'm happy with my finished capelet, though!  I wore it out to meet with friends last night, and no one could believe I made it!  [With my own two hands, I might add...]  Hooray!

More pictures on my blog. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kdigggs
« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2006 09:33:41 AM »

Crumpet, that Mariah sweater is beautiful!!  Congrats!  I am totally coveting your mad skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some women follow their dreams. Others mercilessly chase them down until they catch them.

slimissaw
« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2006 10:09:12 AM »

man, you guys are all doing so well!  I must get knitting!!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers." --Holly.

http://needlephile.blogspot.com
Ericab
~Erica B.~

D.I.Y with Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2006 12:04:00 PM »

Here's my Mariah -- it's unblocked and without a zip in this picture, but it's blocked now and I'll sew the zipper in tomorrow. Smiley

I'm still rather unsure of how I managed to finish this.

Very nice... great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ericab
~Erica B.~

D.I.Y with Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2006 12:09:17 PM »

This is my progress on the somewhat cowl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: February 25, 2006 05:00:08 PM »

Hey kookoosp,
Your capelet looks great! Hooray for olympic knitting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Barbecued Thai Pork Satay
How to Cook Mussels Moiree
How to Make Asian-Style Chicken Noodle Soup
How to Prepare Indian Spiced Rice Salad
How to Cook Barbecued Lime and Lemon Grass Pork
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...