A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 47213 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ctgirl
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2006 09:01:39 AM »

I have about 3 inches done of the jaywalker socks and I am afraid they are going too be too small!  So far I am really liking the pattern so can't decide weather I should just finish them and give them away if they are too small, or frog them and reknit them a bigger size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kerry Berry
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2006 09:04:58 AM »

Here's my progress, as of last night at 1 am:

I'm knitting Aimee from Rowan Vintage Style.

I purposely spent beaucoup time knitting on Friday and Saturday since these next several days are going to be really busy for me.  I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done.  The schedule I made for myself says I should finish this piece on Monday, which I can definitely see happening.

I've been considering waking up a few hours earlier than normal just to knit.  Is that weird?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

buzybeebee24
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2006 09:46:35 AM »

I am in utter hell. I hatethis pattern. I had cast on only to realize I was supposed  to do a provisional cast on...

Frog, then to realize that for the life of me and all the web resources I could find, I can't do a provisional cast on for beans! I tried knittinghelp, knitty, stitch and bitch (which didn't have it to my utter amazement) and everything I had in my bookshelf (which isn't much) and I still can't do it. After the thousandth try...

...I am ready to throw in the towel. Or knit Picovoli... (Goes to check if Pico needs a provisional cast on)

Emms

Don't give up....I just learned how to do a provisional cast on the other day. If you know how to crochet (which I didn't but found a link from the crochet section of Crafster ), all you have to do is make a chain of about 5 for stitchs than what you need for your pattern. Then there is a row of little bumps that run horizontally along the chain and you just knit through those like you would pick up stitchs. I know that I have probably just confused you but if you check out this pattern http://d-made.com/knitting/patterns/traveler_sock.pdf it give a picture of how to do it. I hope that this helps. If not I think that there is a instuctional video at KnittingHelp.com that shows you how to do it. I didn't use it because the video wasn't playing smoothly for me. Just don't give up!!!! I know how much you want to make this sweater. ( I read your blog ) Anyways, I hope that I helped and good luck with your sweater.

Holly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slimissaw
« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2006 12:37:00 PM »

well, between Stitch n Bitch yesterday and watching a movie last night, I got almost 6 inches done on my Tempting II!  I figured i need to knit at least 1.5 inches a day to finish, so I am ahead of schedule.  of course, it is a pretty easy pattern in the beginning (all k1, p1 around).  Keep up the good work!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers." --Holly.

http://needlephile.blogspot.com
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2006 12:44:09 PM »

Thanks buzybeebee24!  Cheesy I actually found the instructions for the crochet cast on in the back of one of my interweave mags earlier today, and proceeded to use that method for the provisional cast on, and I was able to make it work!

Thanks for thinking of me, though, and for the link!

Emms Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijouxmaster
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2006 01:07:56 PM »

Kerry Berry, that is TDF!  Great progress.  I looked up that Rowan & i've found the one I have to have as my "first" - lots of great stuff in that book!  I can't wait to see your finished product.  What kind of yarn are you using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerry Berry
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2006 01:27:11 PM »

Thanks, bijouxmaster!  I'm using Misti Alpaca Laceweight.  I have no idea if it's an ideal sub or not, but I sub yarns with wild abandon.  Each 50g skein has around 440 yards, and I was able to buy it for something like $5 or $6 per skein.  I don't really like the haze of KSH, nor do I like the price tag. 

My row gauge is slightly off, but other than that, I really like this yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2006 02:07:46 PM »

Thanks buzybeebee24!  Cheesy I actually found the instructions for the crochet cast on in the back of one of my interweave mags earlier today, and proceeded to use that method for the provisional cast on, and I was able to make it work!

Thanks for thinking of me, though, and for the link!

Emms Grin

Oh, thank g-d (and buzybeebee24), I was about to drag out Vogue.  I think we all deserve an e-cookie or something for doing this to ourselves  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2006 03:15:18 PM »

My project called for a provisional cast-on as well, but after trying and having it look a horrible mess, and then reviewing the pattern some, I decided to just cast on as I normally do because it shouldn't make a huge difference in the end. 

I am right on target to finish in time.  I think I might even finish early, if my homework this week isnt too brutal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpre ss.com
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2006 04:16:24 PM »

Oh, thank g-d (and buzybeebee24), I was about to drag out Vogue.  I think we all deserve an e-cookie or something for doing this to ourselves  Wink

I second the e-cookie!!! Mmmmmm olympic cookies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
How to Poach and Grill Fruit
Rhubarb Crumb Bars Recipe
Angel Food Cake Recipe
Summer Time Treats: Cheesecake Stuffed Snow Cone
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...