A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 47366 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

box of purls
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2006 11:01:50 AM »

I bought some yarn from KnitPicks around Christmas (it arrived in about a week) but I haven't got to use all of it yet.  I ordered some sock yarn and it's all really soft.  I almost used RedHeart yarn but I couldn't find the bulky kind like someone on here used for their Blackberry and I was looking and ChunkyUSA was about the same weight and I had some I had bought for $.99 a skein last year and thought well I'll use that if I have enough.  I didn't so I went to Hancock's (where I bought the other ChunkyUSA) and they had some more that I almost didn't see because it was in the clearance bin.  So for about 8 skeins I have paid about $8.  I'm pretty happy about that.  Also I love Caron Simply Soft, it's a good price and, like the name says, soft.   I just wanted to say that. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2006 12:21:38 PM »

Well, I am in!

I am making a hybrid Picovoli/Lelah.  Picovoli to start out with, then the "underboob" section will be the Lelah lace pattern.  Part of my challenge is to combine the two patterns during the time period, and also to futz around with the picovoli pattern to get it to work for worsted weight yarn.  I am confident I can do it!

Using Knitpicks Andean silk in a pale baby blue color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpre ss.com
slimissaw
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2006 01:06:24 PM »

I am making a hybrid Picovoli/Lelah.  Picovoli to start out with, then the "underboob" section will be the Lelah lace pattern. 

Wow... thats funny, I am doing Picovoli right now, and I was originally thinking of using the bottom half of Lelah, too!  I decided to stick to the pattern, but I'd love to see how yours comes out!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers." --Holly.

http://needlephile.blogspot.com
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2006 01:19:32 PM »

Hehe, I  know you are--I am the owner of the 21st century hostess blog and I've just started reading both your knitting and every day life blogs!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpre ss.com
stellie
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2006 02:47:14 PM »

You have to do this stellie, its gorgeous, I showed it to my husband (the artist) and he said: "that's a doodle? Wow!"

Aww, thank you!  And I think I will, actually -- though I'd love to spin up some wool for it and do everything from scratch... I think it's a little late in the game to do a sheep-to-sweater project (though I know a few sheep that would be perfect for the task)!  A practice swatch:

I understand the basic pattern that I'd need to go by for the cuffs, now, and I should probably figure out the basic structure of the sweater itself.  I just need to get my butt in gear and do it Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trustmeimvegan
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2006 02:50:19 PM »

interesting...i think i'll be knitting a pair of tights...with no patten...on ordinary needles...(it'll take me 15 days to get it right and 1 day to make them!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2006 03:58:19 PM »

Aww, thank you!  And I think I will, actually -- though I'd love to spin up some wool for it and do everything from scratch... I think it's a little late in the game to do a sheep-to-sweater project (though I know a few sheep that would be perfect for the task)! 

I am so impressed-I'm just buying my yarn! And I don't own any sheep...I think you are a true Olympian! Want to carry the torch for us?  Wink

Emms  Shocked (blown away by stellie)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tamantha
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2006 03:59:38 PM »

I've made a few buttons for any Aussies knitting along (please tell me I'm not the only one!). No hotlinking please, use your own server.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2006 04:49:12 PM »

I love those! Too bad I'm not an aussie. Emms  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerry Berry
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2006 08:32:45 PM »

I'm doing this shawl from the Fall '05 Vogue Knitting:

I've done some lace before, but nothing like this. I'm hoping to post progress pics each day of the Olympics on my blog here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/meglawson/

That is, if my three-month-old will let me. Wink
I'll be watching your blog.  I bought yarn to make this a while back, but because of the stupid error I didn't get enough.  Damn you, Vogue Knitting.  There's also the bugaboo of learning how to do the longtail cast on (and with two colors, to boot)...

I e-mailed Stephanie/Harlot immediately about wanting to participate.  I've been questioning my sanity ever since.

I'm doing Aimee from Rowan Vintage Knits.  The challenge is not really in the knitting (although laceweight on metal needles is not fun), but more in the finishing.  I start projects and don't finish them. 

Here's my swatch:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick the Perfect Skirt For Fall
Dressing for Football Season: How to Take Your Outfit Up a Notch
Ways To Wear Varsity Jackets
Topshop Expands To More Nordstrom Locations
The 5 Pieces You Need to Transition Into Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...