A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,363
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 53475 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2006 11:50:25 PM »

Maybe I'm just deformed. I'm a 38DD, but both times I tried making the bodice, The portion that (supposedly) goes over my chest didn't even make it halfway. The lace is wide enough to cover part of the rest, but it's not exactly covering. The back part, on the other hand, seemed to be fitting perfectly.

I think I should just regraph it for more coverage...I'm looking forward to see how yours finishes up, though. I think it's a beautiful sweater. Smiley

I seriously feel your pain.  I just use the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, by Ann Budd (my saint!), now and adapt the patterns as necessary -> scoop neck, trim, bell sleeves, whatever.  Most knitter designers are just cruel to buxom women.  Also, Debbie Bliss is okay.  Thought I'd pass my learnings on  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2006 11:51:45 PM »

so bizarre.  I think I'm gonna stick to wool for now, then  Grin

I couldn't have made it in wool, unfortunately, I would be too hot. I live in Vancouver and I have a really high body tempature... I can't use 100% wool, alpaca, or acrylic for pullovers, just cardigans, because then I can take them off easier. If I am going to make a knitted shirt (by that I mean something close to my skin w/o something on underneath) I usually pick a cotton acrylic blend yarn.

How weird eh? A knitter who can't wear wooly pullovers!  Roll Eyes

Emms  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

djinnj
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2006 11:56:29 PM »

Ah, I do believe this is my first post here on Craftser, and all because of this knitalong that's got us all in a lather.  This is my first knitalong as well, come to think of it.

I've decided to design a cabled sweater for this, something with organic cables with branching moss as a bit of an inspiration.  I'm not usually a sweater knitter so that will be my departure from the ordinary.

After much drooling at potential yarns and bemoaning my lack of cash, I've decided to go with Elann's Sierra Aran http://tinyurl.com/7bubg in Fiddlehead Green, assuming they still have the color when I can order it next week.  I was stuck on some DKs before, but when I saw this yarn I realized I was saved.  Gorgeous and aran weight and affordable.  What could be better?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Majicdragon
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2006 09:46:12 AM »

I'm in!  Wink I think I'll either do a pair of fingerless gloves or the snowball's chance in hell ones on anticraft.com I've wanted to make them but I'm a little intiminated by the switching colors I've only done it once while knitting and that I didn't even finish so I might go with the fingerless gloves I have in a book I think it's called weekend knitting or something like that. Well good luck everyone and let the games begin  Grin

Sara Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bastelmutti
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2006 10:41:22 AM »

OK, I'm inching toward signing up for this now thanks to all of your enthusiastic posts! I am a fairly new knitter - mainly I've done (flat-knit) hats and scarves so far, plus I have a child's sweater 3/4 done (one more sleeve to go). I have crocheted longer.

I was thinking of learning cabling or making a bag or something in the round, but the wedding present I have planned to make
http://tinyurl.com/coeoy
- Aran afghan -
will be too big for just 2 wks. (the wedding is in Sept.)

So, I think I'll pare back my ambitions to learning knitting in the round and do this project which struck my fancy yesterday:
http://tinyurl.com/ads5j
- Aromatherapy Tea Cosy -

Now I just need to get up the guts to commit myself and sign up!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006 11:25:33 AM by Bastelmutti » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RunsWithTrowels

a little bit of trouble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2006 10:50:03 AM »

i'm in. 

team: america
sport:  lace knitting
event:  rowan 37's butterfly tank/vest

i plan on posting my progress each day on my blog.
i'm pretty sure that my participation in this confirms that i have lost my mind.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006 11:05:03 AM by RunsWithTrowels » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dirt & Yarn Don't Mix<---shameless blog plug
slimissaw
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2006 11:13:55 AM »

Oooh... I must try this!  I just bought some yarn on ebay for Tempting II from Knitty.com... Rowan Calmer in peacock.  This will certainly be a challenge for me to finish in 16 days since I am so busy with school, and especially since I will have my midterms at that time!  Wish me luck! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers." --Holly.

http://needlephile.blogspot.com
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2006 11:40:41 AM »

I couldn't have made it in wool, unfortunately, I would be too hot. I live in Vancouver and I have a really high body tempature... I can't use 100% wool, alpaca, or acrylic for pullovers, just cardigans, because then I can take them off easier. If I am going to make a knitted shirt (by that I mean something close to my skin w/o something on underneath) I usually pick a cotton acrylic blend yarn.

How weird eh? A knitter who can't wear wooly pullovers!  Roll Eyes

Emms  Wink

I hear that.  I can't live w/o wool, so I try and work it into projects, anyway - blends are fun.  What yarn do you use?  I'm an addict of Fortissima cotton, it's a cotton/nylon(?) blend; but really reall fine - it'd be cool to find something that was, like, sport weight or bigger  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
opiate_rose
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2006 12:01:17 PM »

Ok I'm in too, I'm going to be doing the circular shrug with 3/4 sleeves from craftster.  Doesn't sound real hard, but working full time and going to school full time leaves me with little time, plus it'll be the first time I make something to my own measurements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wokeupafraud
it's always you in my big dreams

andrew mcmahonnnnn <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2006 12:15:37 PM »

Aromatherapy Tea Cosy

i hope it has irony [=
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman
swing the focus. In case I lost my train of
thought, where was it that we last left off?
let's pick up, pick up

http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=_heartacheontv&band=62
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Look Tall in Flat Shoes
Best One-Piece Swimsuits for Your Body Type
Tips to Keep Your Clothes Looking Fresh All Summer
Amazing DIY Tips to Help Your Clothes Last Longer
Transform 70s Flares from Day to Night
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...