A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 47828 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2006 12:41:20 PM »

i'm posting all of my progress on my blog....more info and a photo, for really real this time!, later tonight.  hooray! =]

blogginess in my sig,
a*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
kmfishburn

Soon to be out of Nursing School Exile!!!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2006 10:26:51 PM »

As an EXTREMELY new knitter (I have just 2 finished scarves ever and finished those in the past 3 weeks), I had decided to learn to knit a cardigan for my toddler.  And I just so happened to start on it during the opening ceremonies.  What a co-ink-E-dink!   Wink 

Anyway, I've got the left panel done and am about halfway through the right panel....  So I guess, I'll throw my hat in the ring and post some pics of what I've got done so far.  Well, not posting pics today (I don't have my camera with me here at work), but maybe tomorrow night before the primetime starts....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kerry Berry
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2006 10:31:14 PM »

Four days in, and already I'm in pain.  My back is giving me more problems than usual.  I knit 3 rows and decided to take a break (conveniently, I have a paper to write for tomorrow).  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to resume the knitting marathon in order to make up for lost time.  It might be a good idea to visit my chiropractor this weekend.

Make sure you all stretch frequently!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 14, 2006 03:33:15 PM »

I have eight inches or so done on the back.

Don't think it's going to be finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
artsygal

Come see my yarns!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2006 08:41:21 PM »

Uh oh... I've had 2 days with no knitting. I take that back.. and it's 11:40 at night. I'm going to try to get a few rows atleast in tonight... clapotis must be completed on time.. it just simply MUST.

Jas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handpaints by Artsygal - a collection of unique and inspired handpainted yarns - is now open for business! Visit www.artsygal.net to see my yarns for yourself!
Mickey McMickerson

ladies is pimps too

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2006 08:04:46 AM »

I've done my swatches, and am now feeling somewhat better about getting my Mariah finished in 16 days.  But it'll still definitely, definitely be a challenge.  The other challenge is trying not to start before the 10th of February...

How's your Mariah going, Crumpet? I'm knitting it right now too (not for the knitting olympics though- I wish I had found out about it in time!), and I'm encountering some problems with the pattern, even though it looks like it's already undergone a ton of corrections. First of all, the chart sequence for the knotwork pattern (Chart C) is off- it says to work lines 1-12 once, then lines 13-52 three times, then lines 13-34 once and then skip up to line 53, but really you have to work up to line 36 for the cables to match up when you skip up to 53. Also, it says to work until the sleeve is 19" and then place all stitches on a holder, but (a) 19" seems way too short for what's supposed to be a long sleeve, and (b) if you follow the knotwork sequence as written, your work will be more like 30" by the time you're done! That's what I'm noticing right about now, as I'm almost done with the first sleeve. I think it'll be fine- the sleeve includes the shoulder and everything, so it shouldn't be crazy long- but working from a pattern with obvious errors in it makes me nervous. Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some of these mornings and it won't be long
You're gonna wake up calling me and I'll be gone
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2006 08:23:24 AM »

Not to hijack this thread--but the Mariah sleeves are way goofy.  Have you c hecked the yahoo knitalong for it yet--there's corrections there that kind of help.  PM me if you want to discuss this pattern in further detail.  I can let you know how I changed it and what I would change if I were to knit it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
cortag04
« Reply #307 on: February 15, 2006 09:06:59 AM »

I accidently signed up on the crochet olympics because they had knit olympics all over it. I started on the right day, can I join ya'll? I am a beginner. I've made mostly belts, scarfs, and a few purses. I am making a prayer shawl for my aunt. I had never pearled anything before and this is my first time. Hope ya'll don't mind me joining late, I was early just on the wrong thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2006 09:13:14 AM »

I changed my entry from Bella to this. My eyes were crossing trying to follow the graphs... sigh Undecided

Here we go again!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijouxmaster
« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2006 10:47:46 AM »

I changed my entry from Bella to this. My eyes were crossing trying to follow the graphs... sigh Undecided

Here we go again!

Emms

You poor thing!  but that new project is gorgeous- I can't wait to see how it comes out.

I have about 16 of 25 inches done on my tote - it's not as challenging as I had imagined, but I have learned a few new things so I guess that's all that counts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Supervillain Origins: Kraven the Hunter
How to Draw Mello
How to Draw Satoshi
The Origins of Charlie Brown
How to Draw Miyamoto Musashi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...