A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 53494 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

box of purls
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2006 08:01:00 PM »

I'm actually ahead of schedule (not that I had a schedule I'm just further along than I thought I would be) but I haven't started the cabling and I"ll have less time to knit next week than I do now so I'm taking advantage of the extra time to get as much done as I can in case I don't have time to do anything next week.  I have finished the back and one of the front panels, and I have just started the second one.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bijouxmaster
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2006 08:28:45 PM »

Guys, I am so beyond bummed out.  I knitted about 9 inches of my tote,  this was my first attempt knitting in the round & I really did it on my own without any guidance.  So I just realized i twisted my stitches. It was in that screwed up loop....9 inches!!!!!!!!!!  I am SO frustrated.  I just frogged it -which took FOREVER because it's kind of bulky yarn, and I'm giving up for tonight.  Will start tomorrow fresh & hopefully right.  On the up side, I did knit my handles today so those are done no matter what.  WAAAAHHHHH.   Angry

The other good news is that it was going pretty quickly & i work from home tues, wed & thursday so I should be able to get some knitting time in on those days. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artery

...did you ever know that you're my hero...?

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 11, 2006 11:45:29 PM »

i'm 1.5 inches into the first cuff of the first sock, knitted on 0's!  so, as long as i finish the first sock by next friday, and then the next sock by the friday afterward, i will finish with like a day to spare.  and i'm nervous that the socks will be too small. oh god oh god oh god please no

THIS ROCKS   Logged

....and we rock harder than you ever knew....
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2006 12:12:07 AM »

Guys, I am so beyond bummed out.  I knitted about 9 inches of my tote,  this was my first attempt knitting in the round & I really did it on my own without any guidance.  So I just realized i twisted my stitches. It was in that screwed up loop....9 inches!!!!!!!!!!  I am SO frustrated.  I just frogged it -which took FOREVER because it's kind of bulky yarn, and I'm giving up for tonight.  Will start tomorrow fresh & hopefully right.  On the up side, I did knit my handles today so those are done no matter what.  WAAAAHHHHH.   Angry

The other good news is that it was going pretty quickly & i work from home tues, wed & thursday so I should be able to get some knitting time in on those days. 

I completely and utterly feel your pain.  I just frogged 3" of the complex Aran raglan I was making for my Mum.  (sigh).  That'll teach me to cast on while sick on NyQuil.  Well, I think we deserve a silver star or something for having the strength to frog  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
Tamantha
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2006 01:50:07 AM »

Progress photo!

Sorry for the crap picture, it's nighttime and my indoor lighting is crap.

I'm about 9 inches up the body, and just finished attaching the kangaroo pocket to the body. I considered skipping it, but figured it would be downright un-Australian to not complete a 'kangaroo' pocket.

I'm enjoying this pattern a lot! I've been checking and re-checking and re-re-checking the chart as I work the cables... I really don't want to have to frog anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2006 03:02:22 AM »

I've frogged Orangina several times and I'm going to have to again - looks like I missed a couple of yos a couple of rows back.  I'm so annoyed with myself, it's a ridiculously easy pattern and I'm getting it so horribly wrong!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2006 07:03:17 AM »

Odessa is very easy.  It took me only 3 days to knit.  I don't know your skill level, but you can use that fact as sort of a guide.

Thanks!  I will start, then!  In the meantime, I've started on a REALLY hard lace sweater.  I might switch to the odessa for now.    Roll Eyes

I think you can still join on the YahooGroups KAL site the link is  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teamusakal

Yeah, I signed up at the YarnHarlot website and figured I would just knit along anyway, even though I did not receive any kind of response...  Oh well.  I'll try this link, too!  Thanks, box of purls. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knits_with_animals
« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2006 07:50:26 AM »

I had to frog the aran vest I'm making for my husband not once but twice so far.  The first time I realized I had twisted my cables in the wrong direction (of course this is at the bottom and I already had 4" of it knitted) and not having learned from that mistake I managed to drop a stich while cableing (discovered 3 rows later).   Apparently knitting and sleep deprivation is an ugly combination.  Well.........back to the salt lick.  I swear that vest  is mocking me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bijouxmaster
« Reply #278 on: February 12, 2006 08:00:17 AM »

So glad it's not just me.  I started again this morning & I THINK i have it right.  I won't swear to it yet though, don't want to jinx myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 12, 2006 08:31:34 AM »

I am in utter hell. I hatethis pattern. I had cast on only to realize I was supposed  to do a provisional cast on...

Frog, then to realize that for the life of me and all the web resources I could find, I can't do a provisional cast on for beans! I tried knittinghelp, knitty, stitch and bitch (which didn't have it to my utter amazement) and everything I had in my bookshelf (which isn't much) and I still can't do it. After the thousandth try...

...I am ready to throw in the towel. Or knit Picovoli... (Goes to check if Pico needs a provisional cast on)

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Won-Ton Noodle Soup
How to Cook Asian Pork Noodle Skillet
Simplify Stir Fry
How to Make Fried Rice
How to Cook Wild Rice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...