A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
266 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 49832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kerry Berry
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2006 08:48:53 AM »

I knit from 2pm to about 1:30am, stopping only for an hour to eat.  I got 8" done on my Aimee, which is pretty good, considering I won't have nearly that much time to knit for the next several days.

Pictures on my blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2006 08:59:06 AM »

I hope it doesn't because I watched Arrested Development instead of the olympics, and I'm trying to figure out the purling through the back loop thing because there is no way around it and I should learn it anyway. 

Hi box of purls, here is a link to an animated graphic of how to  Purl into the Back Loop!

Enjoy  Wink

Emms

Thanks so much for posting that link!  I thought I had it sort of figured out last night but the animation sort of made it click for me.  
I finished the back last night for my sweater at about 3am because I kept saying one more row one more row and then I thought I might as well finish it.  

I'm thinking I may try and take pictures of my progress for the weekend and maybe post tomorrow.  Either on my blog or here.  My house doesn't have the best lighting for pictures though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2006 09:09:41 AM »

I wonder if I am too late??  I would love to join.  Smiley  Maybe that Odessa hat for me?  Is it complicated?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerry Berry
« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2006 11:33:18 AM »

Odessa is very easy.  It took me only 3 days to knit.  I don't know your skill level, but you can use that fact as sort of a guide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2006 12:04:21 PM »

I think you can still join on the YahooGroups KAL site the link is  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teamusakal
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Frew-Frew
Caution: Eye Irritant

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2006 01:46:38 PM »

I had a last minute change of plans. Mostly prompted by hubby dipping into my yarn stash without telling me!! RRRAAAAAARRRR.
Yesterday I cast on for the Very Tall socks from Knitty. They are worsted weight, and fairly straight forward but i think the length will make the challenging enough. I got through 2 stripes late last night after scrambling for a pattern for yarn in my stash that would be suitable for this. Honey was informed that although I love that he takes treats to work for the kids to knit, he's GOT to ASK FIRST!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chuck Norris does not knit. He bangs the table, and the shockwaves force the yarn to create clothing.

http://frousworld.blogspot.com/
shsupernova
funny love

your chopsticks dance will win over his heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2006 03:32:45 PM »

how is everyone feeling on day two?  i hope your projects are all going well!  i've made a page on my website to post my progress on my 16 little projects.  here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://thecleverkitty.com/KO.html

happy knitting, everyone!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my website!  thecleverkitty.com
and my etsy shop! www.thecleverkitty.etsy.com
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2006 04:45:03 PM »

I'm behind schedule.  GAH!

A rough estimate dictates that I need to complete a minimum of 3 inches of knitting per day to complete in time.  Remember, I am making socks for size 12 feet on size 1 needles.  What was I thinking?!

Anyway, I should have 6 inches done by the end of today.  So far I have 2.5.  GAH! 

Must get of Craftster and Knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2006 07:21:27 PM »

I'm going to try and knit at least three projects instead of just one.  I'm about halfway done with number one, the spiderweb caplet from SnBN.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: February 11, 2006 07:58:51 PM »

Grin  I've got 6 inches of my Tank Girl knit.   It's turning out really nicely.   I figured that I need to have the front half done by this Friday.   That'll give me another 8 days to knit up the back half and one day for finishing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Manual Mode
Canon A610/A620: Set Landscape Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Kids/Pets Function
Canon A610/A620: Set ISO Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Indoor Function
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...