A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 46690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

box of purls
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006 05:42:56 PM »

I'm in as soon as I find a pattern that is challenging but not too challenging.  I had planned on starting the Urban Rustic gloves from knitty after I finish the project I'm on now or trying to start now, but that might not be as challenging as it should be.  I've made gloves, I've made one purse, I've made a shawl, I can do cables.  I've never done much color work so maybe something with color work or lace...I'm not sure about lace I'm not a fan but it looks interesting to attempt.  Maybe a purse with color work?  I'll have to look and etc. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maytina
knitting is hot

just keep knitting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006 06:09:35 PM »

Everyday, I take a look at what the Harlot's up to, and I was so excited to read about the Knitting Olympics! I was just falling over myself about it, this is going to be fun. I'm making a baby cardigan and I'm hoping to also get matching booties and a hat done. And, Miss Elextra, I am using stash yarn and not buying more (I tend to have an issue with the size of my stash...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006 06:23:27 PM »

Okay I've been looking and I think I want to do this http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTblackberry.html.  I've never done a sweater so I thought maybe a shrug would be a good start?  Do you think that's doable in the 16 day time period?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nxtdrgrrl
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2006 06:27:43 PM »

Oooo - I'm in!  I've never done lace before, so I think I'll try knitty.com's branching out scarf.  I have some gorgeous rowan kidsilk mohair that should work out nicely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aly_421
i <3 theatre, but not the DRAMA.

anyone home?? echO-O-O-O-o....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006 07:20:51 PM »

ooh me too! i was just on the branching out topic saying i want to start a new one.
and god knows i love a challenge.

i'm totally in. *deep breathing* now i just need to not freak out if i'm super busy those days hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/aly421

too many mutha ucka's, uckin with my shi
theres too many mutha ucka's uckin with my shi
too many mutha ucka's uckin with my shi
how many mutha ucka's?
too many too count! mutha ucka.
crumpet
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006 07:25:04 PM »

I'm in, and for some crazy reason, I'm signed up for Mariah from Knitty.

If I succeed, I'll have a completed cardigan for my birthday on the 27th. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shan
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006 07:29:05 PM »

I will be doing fairly easy fair isle from stitch n' bitch. I have already knit this sweater once, only for it to be ridiculously small, in spite of an accurate gauge swatch. Plus, it was made from lamb's pride bulky, way too warm for so cal. I will be using Lion Brand woolease chunky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - annonymous
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006 09:57:42 PM »

I am so completely in.  I signed up on the Yarn Harlot's blog yesterday.  I only just thought to check the Craftster Knitalong section now (I'm a bit slow this week  Roll Eyes)...

I'm doing a sweater my mum's been begging for since I learned to knit 4 years ago.  A zippered cardigan, with Aran patterning and raglan shaping.  I totally have to figure out what stitch patterns to use.  My mom even wants bobbles (I cannot believe this woman gave birth to me).  In the end, it'll probably resemble this: http://www.sheepyvalley.com/images/patt20big.JPG

And, of course, I'll post all my misery and complaints - and eventual victory - on my blog.  Is anyone in the Lane County, OR area??  My Guild's talking about arranging a group for this.  We're gonna have medals or ribbons or something for our competitors... just thought I'd ask  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
ruwena
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006 10:26:44 PM »

I'm still looking for a pattern that I is:

1. a challenge
2. something I will love to wear

To top that off I think I need a knitting blog now. I've been thinking about getting one since I learned to knit but I now think I need one. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singlemom
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2006 11:03:12 PM »

Erg! I had to change my mind again... the wool I bought is treated, so it won't felt... the ball band in chinese, so I didn't know, anyway, I didn't buy it to felt it originally. So no French Market Bag.

I haven't had any ideas for colours for the Fair Isle, so no fair isle.

So I am going to make this: Bella Paquita

That's it, no more entries for me!

Emms  Cool

I've tried starting Bella Paquita twice, only to find that the boobage allowances don't work with my boobage requirements. Maybe I should bite the bullet and re-graph the bodice, and jump in on this knitalong. Even if I don't, let me know how you come along with it, okay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Trick For Slimming Your Face With Make-Up, from Katia Beauchamp
Beauty Essentials For Men, from Katia Beauchamp
A Quick Remedy For Hair Static, from Katia Beauchamp
How To Keep Your Lipstick On All Day,from Katia Beauchamp
Tips To A Healthy Glow In The Winter, from Katia Beauchamp
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...