A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Knitting Olympics' knitalong  (Read 47358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stringy
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2006 12:29:39 AM »

I've made a few buttons for any Aussies knitting along (please tell me I'm not the only one!).

Another member for Team Australia signing in! I'll be competing in the sock-knitting event: last time I tried to make a sock I got half an inch into the first cuff and gave up wrestling with the double-pointed needles.

So this time I'm going to try two socks on 2 circulars - I've knit in the round with 2 circs before (my elephant is in the Last Minute Knitted Gifts thread), so I figure this is do-able but still challenging.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2006 12:55:32 AM »

Any NZ participants?  I'll be keeping a tally on my blog, and there are a couple of buttons over there too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2006 01:06:51 AM »

Wootwoot, you're planning on knitting that in 16 days???
Wow!  I've got it lined up as my major winter project!
Mind you, I'm also moving house and have a major arbitration on at the same time as the knitting olympics, so I've had to keep my aspirations simple: Orangina. (plus it's summer, I won't let myself contemplate winter knitting when it's 25 degrees outside!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
artery

...did you ever know that you're my hero...?

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2006 08:06:03 AM »

i'm doing the leaf lace socks from interweave winter 05.  second sock curse be damned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

....and we rock harder than you ever knew....
wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2006 08:33:00 AM »

Wootwoot, you're planning on knitting that in 16 days???
Wow!  I've got it lined up as my major winter project!
Mind you, I'm also moving house and have a major arbitration on at the same time as the knitting olympics, so I've had to keep my aspirations simple: Orangina. (plus it's summer, I won't let myself contemplate winter knitting when it's 25 degrees outside!)

Yes, I am.  I'm beginning to think that I'm a little crazy.  But I've got my yarn all balled and ready to go and I'm just going to go for it.

I can't wait to see how your Orangina turns out.  That's something that I've really wanted to knit for a while.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2006 10:11:15 AM »

This is so cool!  Well, you guys are so cool  Cheesy

I mean, I'm totally into the "game" and everything; but doesn't it rock that we're not alone in our insanity?  I'm trying to get my Guild into it, and they're just so... "eh".

Tho, I feel sorry for Steph trying to keep up with us all  Wink

Aww, thank you!  And I think I will, actually -- though I'd love to spin up some wool for it and do everything from scratch... I think it's a little late in the game to do a sheep-to-sweater project (though I know a few sheep that would be perfect for the task)! 

I am so impressed-I'm just buying my yarn! And I don't own any sheep...I think you are a true Olympian! Want to carry the torch for us?  Wink

Emms  Shocked (blown away by stellie)

My best friend is actually in the middle of spinning up the yarn for her project - an alpaca sweater for her hubby.  I'm beyond impressed with her determination.

i'm doing the leaf lace socks from interweave winter 05.  second sock curse be damned.

You could do two socks at once on two circs - I find it so much faster.  But, then, everyone says I'm crazy.

Oh!  I changed the USA button, cuz I really couldn't stand it any longer w/o a border:

So, if you grabbed one before, umm, here's a better one...(Yes, I know I'm weird)  And, I promise to not change it anymore  Grin
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006 10:25:58 AM by fyberduck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
Singlemom
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2006 10:22:17 AM »

I still want to do this, but I haven't totally committed myself to a project yet. I'm still leaning towards bella paquita, but I also need to make a hat and mittens set while my friend can still use them. *sigh* Decisions, Decisions...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moderngypsy
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2006 10:50:58 AM »

I joined up over at the website on the first day she posted -- I'm all about the challenge.

NOW, it seems, the challenge is not diving into the pattern early.  I'm doing Hello Yarn!'s pirate mittens.  I've never done fair isle before, so I'm expecting this to go a little...uh...bumpi ly. 

But an Olympian perseveres! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-----em
creative inspiration:
http://moderngypsy.com
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2006 11:16:45 AM »

I joined up over at the website on the first day she posted -- I'm all about the challenge.

NOW, it seems, the challenge is not diving into the pattern early.  I'm doing Hello Yarn!'s pirate mittens.  I've never done fair isle before, so I'm expecting this to go a little...uh...bumpi ly. 

But an Olympian perseveres! Smiley

Seriously!  I have forbidden myself to wind the skeins into balls until February 8.  Cuz, otherwise...  Steph said that we could do a gauge swatch... would it be acceptable to do a pattern swatch?  Probably, right?

And, OMG, I just checked the Harlot's blog (cuz playing online is ever so much more fun than doing homework) and there are 1366 entries into the Olympics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
Loo
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2006 11:34:45 AM »

I'm so in! Yeah - this will be my first knit-along. Now, what shall I make...I have numerous baby gifts to complete...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd hate to be the only funny bouncing one in the room."  -Ani Difranco

http://seelooknit.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
More Women Ditching Hair Dye To Go Gray
3 Ways to Clean Your Makeup Brushes With Household Products
Best Face Cleansing Wipes
Luxury Summer Makeup at a Price You Can Afford
A Look Inside the NewBeauty TestTube for Summer-Fall 2013
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...