A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Knitting Olympics  (Read 5913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2006 03:53:06 PM »

Erg! I had to change my mind again... the wool I bought is treated, so it won't felt... the ball band is in chinese, so I didn't know, anyway, I didn't buy it to felt it originally. So no French Market Bag.

I haven't had any ideas for a new colour scheme for the Fair Isle, so no fair isle.

So I am going to make this: Bella Paquita

That's it, no more entries for me!

Emms  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tamantha
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2006 04:01:18 PM »

So I may have missed this but I was wondering if you have to take pictures and stuff and put it on the blog for it to be official, it makes sense that you would but since I don't have the picture capabilities I'm disqualified if that's the case. 

I don't think you have to take pictures... certainly no-one here will mind if you can't post pics. As for the Yarn Harlot's site, I'm sure she won't mind if you tell her you're camera-less.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frew-Frew
Caution: Eye Irritant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2006 04:22:47 PM »

Oooo I need to do this. I even have a blog started, pathetic though it may be, and completely pictureless to date due to laziness on my part. Now to find a pattern. I'm back at work so that really cuts into my knitting time.  Any suggestions for a relatively newbie knitter that can be done during lunch breaks and after work? I'm thinking of Knitty's Sonnet. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATTsonnet.html  It's listed at mellow but between the size of the item and the time I'll have available to knit, it will be a challenge, but still doable to complete. Ay other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chuck Norris does not knit. He bangs the table, and the shockwaves force the yarn to create clothing.

http://frousworld.blogspot.com/
box of purls
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2006 05:08:36 PM »

My blog is pretty pathetic too (and I"ve had it since 2001) and pictureless but since it may not be necessary to have pictures  I jsut need to pick out a pattern and train.  I've never done lace so maybe something with lace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pcockey
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2006 05:38:25 PM »

I'm thinking of Knitty's Sonnet. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATTsonnet.html  It's listed at mellow but between the size of the item and the time I'll have available to knit, it will be a challenge, but still doable to complete. Ay other ideas?

Ooh, that may be a good choice for me...why can't all knitting patterns be written like that one? Plus I just got a load of antique buttons...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2006 07:19:54 PM »

Last night when I read the blog entry, I thought, "No.  No.  Don't even go there.  Knitting Mariah from Knitty for this would be utterly psychotic."

It turns out I'm psychotic.  Utterly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amey
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2006 11:44:03 AM »

I want to join, but I"m trying very hard to not buy any new yarn (heresy you say?).

I have ALOT of worsted weight wool in a variety of colors, but generally all 4 ounce hanks.

I would go with quantity as a choice.  I need to knit up several pairs of felted mocs, and some child sized sweater vests for charity.  Also child socks for charity knitting.

Ideas for me?

~amey
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melanieviney
aka Purple Purl

Too much craft is never enough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2006 03:07:06 PM »

I'm all signed up. It's jaywalkers for me.

Good luck all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yup, there's a crafting blog too...http://purplepurls.blogspot.com/
AWynkoop
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2006 03:46:48 PM »

If my husband likes this cardigan http://www.helloyarn.com/cyclingaran.htm....I'm in....he is 6'6 so I feel that knitting that much sweater in 16 days would be an Olympic Event for me (especially since my first sweater took three months)...an endurance challenge to say the least....Happy knitting all, and good luck in your chosen sport!!

edit: ok he doesn't like the sweater...at all...so It will be http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/PATTlolita.html from Knitty for me!
More on the blog....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006 08:34:35 AM by AWynkoop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
Ambala
Ambala!!!

Everything's gonna be fine, fine fine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2006 11:52:54 AM »

I'm going to have to do this!  I would love to do the fuzzy heart sweater from Hollywood Style (picked it up on sale this past weekend! Score!) for my friend's daughter, who is about to turn 1 right smack in the middle of the Olympics! 

I'll have to order the yarn, though, and I'm not sure if it will get here in time!

Decisions, decisions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I haven't slept for 10 days, because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

http://www.moderatelyneato.blogspot.com - a sometimes knitting blog.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to View .DNG Images in Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Downsample and Save for Print
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Flesh Tones by Setting the Gray Point
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the White Point to Match a Target
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the Black Point to Match a Target
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...