A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: burlap messenger a la gloriana  (Read 2129 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wints
« on: June 12, 2004 08:28:58 PM »

I made this messenger bag using Gloriana's tutorial and wanted you all to see the results:

http://smilingtiger.typepad.com/smiling_tiger/images/bubbles.jpg

I found a remnant of burlap at a home dec store and based the bag on that. I lined it in pink linen, and interlined it in felt to give it stability. The extra thickness of the felt made it really hard to sew, and I ran into trouble sewing aroung the corners of the flap when I was attaching the lining. I made the back and flap in one piece, which I thought would make it easier, but really just made it harder to sew the thing together! I think in the future I'm just going to follow the tute that much more closely.

Finally I decorated the bag with shell sequins, shell buttons, and plastic sequins. I'm really pleased with the results! Thanks for the tute, Gloriana!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011 01:41:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mj_elizabeth
maryjean

I love my staple gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004 08:41:20 PM »

That Looks Awesome! I Was Going To Make The Same Messenger Bag With This Grey And Pink Fabric But Wasn't Sure If They Matched( I Made A Post about it called messenger bag colors) Now I Think I will Make It With The Pink And Grey! thanks For The Inspiration! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004 08:43:46 PM »

welcome to craftster!!! Cheesy

i absolutely love your bag. very fun. i have similar material not burlap but suit material that has the same textured look..hmm perhaps now i have something to do with it Smiley great job!!! love the embellishments yay! with buttons and sequins how could you go wrong? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wints
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004 08:50:42 PM »

Thanks for the compliments! Love those. Grin Elizabeth, I checked out your 'colors' post - definitely go for the combo - pink and grey look great together, and mixing prints and textures always makes things exciting! (Go for the pink trim, too!) And yes, Sarah, you absolutely can't go wrong with sequins! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tenesmus

Crafting saves the day!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004 10:28:59 PM »

splendid bag my dear! haha.
That looks like high quality burlap. And the shells are a beautiful touch!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joysephine
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004 12:38:54 PM »

Very cool!  I really like the colors and the shells.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
weRnotALONE
The All Powerful Zippy

yumm... talking muffins...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004 06:13:24 PM »

Neato! I checked out the messanger bag tutorial yesterday and was thinking about how I wanted it to look. You made it exactly the way I'd have wanted it  Huh lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
wints
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004 07:50:14 PM »

Shocked Now how the heck does that happen? Great minds and all that... Thanks, y'all! It's so nice to hear that you like it. Tenesmus, it might look like quality material, but it was so dusty that it gave me a bad allergic (hayfever-type) reaction while I was making it! Grin I think it'll be okay now, though - I won't have it nearly so close to my face as when I was sewing it on the machine!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Different Shapes in Diamonds
Diamond Buying Tips
Jewellery Making UK
How to Make a Charm Bracelet
Free Jewellery Making Book
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...