A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,490
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pirate Swap- Gallery!  (Read 24830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2006 07:39:21 PM »

At last pictures!

Everything all togeather ( I think everything had already strated intergrating itself amongst the rest of my stuff so I may have missed something. The parrot is currently hanging out with my foam/feather parrot, they are friends, and the first mate is doing battle with a dinosaur on my dresser.

A close up on the pillow case and the amazing earrings, I wear them often.

Pirate address cards! So awesome that I do not want to give them away.

Thanks so much for everything redstar, I love it all; sorry it took so long for the pictures.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 01:17:34 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2006 07:43:22 PM »

i'm glad you like it all. and i understand it takes time sometimes....I just got anious, because I have a few swaps that my partner just kinda ..... evaporated.... :-D

I'm so glad it has all integrated itself into every day life! :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2006 08:25:20 PM »

Wow, what a great swap package. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

regansbox
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2006 11:45:40 PM »

We must be a very sleeeepy pirate crew. We've got some kick-butt pillows.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2006 04:14:42 AM »

We must be a very sleeeepy pirate crew. We've got some kick-butt pillows.  Cheesy

As one of my bosses used to say: "Sleep is for the WEAK! You can sleep when you're DEAD!" And this was her face when she said it:  Angry And that was supposed to encourage us to stay and do overtime ...? Tongue

Heh heh heh! Hopefully all of those awesome pillows will give some great pirate dreams! Pillowcases are an easily decorated, practical item. You can never have too many pillowcases!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2006 06:20:32 AM »

Radioactivecrater, you got some great swag! Are those little bottles on the earrings?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2006 09:37:19 AM »

They are, with little scrolls on the inside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2006 07:33:00 PM »

My package arrived today! YAY!  Cheesy  At 8.30 in the morning. BOO! Angry
I had to answer the door in my pyjamas! How embarrassing! But I didn't care because I had excellent pirate booty!

Thank you Miss Violacious! Thank you! Thank you!  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss

Here is how it looked after a sleepy, bleary-eyed little pirate opened the box:

Look at the packages in brown paper tied with string! How nautical!  AND THE BAG!!! OH. MY. GOD.
It is big enough to fit a couple of folders in. This thing would fit over my head with room to spare.
It is made of denim and look at the beautiful white piping around the flap! And the embroidery of a mouse with pie.
You will always find mice on ships! Unless its sinking... (Duh! Actually It's a pie-rat! Get it?)

And the flap also has a zip pocket in the top and pretty white blanket/edging stitch. See! And an adjustable white webbing strap. Very practical.

Is this what was giving you trouble Miss V? Because I would never attempt such a tricky little zipped pocket! Whew! Its amazing!  Shocked
Here is the lining too. Aaarrgh!:

The bag has another zip pocket on the inside. Its BRILLIANT! Cheesy LOVE IT!

Here is the Pirate Raid-io (get it? Raid?) "Miss V's Mix" CD she sent and the necklace I call the Tropical Island Castaway necklace with matching earrings. The necklace will take some balls to wear. Look at the size of that baby! I think I can do it though! The coral colours and the pearls are a beautiful combination. The sliced shell pendant is edged in silver.

I have been listening to the CD whilst driving. I wind the windows down and crank the volume up. I get some wierd looks but who cares what the lubbers think! I have been looking for one of the songs for years and here it is on the CD!
Spirit of the West's  "Home For A Rest". It was the theme song of my Contiki UK holiday tour years ago. It was like reliving the holiday to hear it again. And the saucy "Queen Fairy" by the Jolly Rogers had me driving with a huge grin on my face.  Grin

Last but definitely not least, the logbook (every seafarer should have one)
Here's the front

showing a sunset at sea from the ship's rail with a hand swabbing and a hat on the deck. And the back:

Looking up at the sails and the jolly roger in the sky!
Now you might not be able to tell from my photos, but these pictures have been collaged by Miss V!
Look at the trouble and sweat she went to! Look at all of the little pieces with different textures all glued down and then lacquered. Its like a gorgeous mosaic! It has really inspired me to try something similar!

Thanks Miss V! I Love it all to bits!  Cheesy Aaargh! (I was going to say "Wheeeee!" but that's not very piratical!)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 01:19:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2006 08:52:27 PM »

Hehe, I'm glad you're happy!

I did the mix CD because I SJ (shanty jockey) on a puzzle pirates radio station, www.shantyraidio.com. I have a LOT of piratey music on my hard drive, and I knew I could do a good mix CD like someone did in an earlier pirate swap. Home for a Rest is VERY popular on Shanty, I'm glad you're enjoying that.

Remember that you can wear the pearls on their own, or the shell as a pendant on a silver chain if you like, to make it less ostentatious.

I'm not thrilled with the finish I got on the journal. Note to self and anyone else who tries this: when using an acrylic finishing spray, don't set it to dry in front of a window or something. If it dries fast the bubbles don't have a chance to settle down! There were just as many bubbles on the sails side, but I set it to dry in the living room and they evened out. That's a hat with a feather, by the way, it's a little abstract because the feather is actually an oak leaf. All of the pictures are cut out of National Geographic.

Yeah, that front pocket is what was giving me trouble. That's why it has embroidery around the zipper, to make the seams less crooked looking! That's actually a rat, not a mouse... with pie. Pie. And a rat. Pie. Rat. *giggles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2006 09:40:58 PM »

Oh. No. A punning pirate! Wink I get it now! A Pie-Rat. Of course.
Duh! My sister got the hat and the pie-rat straight away. I still need more sleep I think!
I've corrected my picture post now.

Thanks for the National Geographic hint!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006 09:45:44 PM by geek-pride » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Quilting Can Help People in Need
How to Make a Whirlwind Flag Quilt Block
Creative Letter packaging Ideas
Wanda Wen Gift Wrapping Advice
Birthday Mini Album with Acrylic Cover
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...