A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,687
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pasties (How To) for all you aspiring burlesque queens  (Read 45068 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melazdee
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2008 08:16:29 PM »

HEY thebeatcowboy, you totally got those skeleton hands at the dollar tree! I just went there and bought a pack of them and made a halloween wreath out of 'em. Great minds think alike. I think I need to make halloween pasties now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you love it, its perfect"

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melazdee
thebeatcowboy

what doesn't kill us makes us stranger...

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2008 08:17:59 PM »

HEY thebeatcowboy, you totally got those skeleton hands at the dollar tree! I just went there and bought a pack of them and made a halloween wreath out of 'em. Great minds think alike. I think I need to make halloween pasties now!

I totally did!  I love Dollar Tree.  As you know, they were ten hands to a pack, so I really wanted to make five pairs of pasties and choreograph a burlesque review!  However, I had a hard time convincing four of my friends to join in, for some reason...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maraluce.Murder
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2008 01:59:40 AM »

Those are really cool. Thanks for the tut Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is better to destroy than to create what is meaningless.

Myspace|Wists
Keena
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2010 10:35:17 AM »

made 20 of these suckas as party favors  to my guests for my birfday next week themed: Strippers and Cupcakes. Hope my guests like them cuz i burnt my fingers COUNTLESS of times from the hot glue but i LOVE the results!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckyheartscrafting
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2010 04:02:16 PM »

made 20 of these suckas as party favors  to my guests for my birfday next week themed: Strippers and Cupcakes. Hope my guests like them cuz i burnt my fingers COUNTLESS of times from the hot glue but i LOVE the results!

Hahaha strippers and cupcakes?!? Best birthday theme EVER!!! And pasties for party favors?! You are so awesome lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Halo_VooDoo
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2010 12:13:43 AM »

this is so awesome! pasties are ridiculuosly expensive as far as I have seen.
have you tried making them with tassles?I heard if you rock back on your heels, you can make em spin like Elvira Cheesy, lol.

Yeah, my total materials cost (including the glue gun) was about $5....and I have enough felt to make 8 pairs, enough sequins for 3 pairs (I got 10 yds), and enough hot glue for at least a third pair.  They took me about an hour to make 2 pairs.

I was thinking about trying a tassel pair, but I wanted to see how well these stuck first.  I put them on with eyelash glue and they stuk just fine.  I think tassels would require spirit gum...which I'm not really sure how to get off...

If you do decide to use spirit gum, you can usually buy it in a two pack that comes with the stuff that takes that off of your skin. Normally, you can just scrub at that stuff (which hurts like hell) but they make a solution that can take spirit gum off in seconds Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keena
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2010 10:27:11 AM »

THX!!

Hahaha strippers and cupcakes?!? Best birthday theme EVER!!! And pasties for party favors?! You are so awesome lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a 4th of July Hat
How to Make 4th of July Flag Invitations
How to Make Handmade Books
Handmade Portraits: The Ivory Carver from Alaska
Artist Lorenzo Durán Brings Leaves Back to Life Through Art
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...