A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,439
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new to sewing - new at bagmaking. thanks for looking  (Read 1141 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 22, 2006 07:46:54 AM »

hi everyone, thank you so much for the awesome tutorials and for the inspiration. my hubby bought me this wonderful new sewing machine (that fits the palm of my hand) and i tried my luck, im really enjoying it. below are some of my work - newbie work. = ) hope you like 'em.

bag 1 - from the messenger bag tutorial

bag 2 - the idea i got from the hobo bag - i wanted one where the strap starts from the body of the bag and sort of ends in the shoulder. oh and also this comes from an old skirt with a really great texture.

bag 3 - same as bag 2 - the belt in the lower portion comes from the waist portion of the skirt - i just tied the strap at the top as it was too long!

bag 4 - this one comes from the skipping bag tutorial (love that bag!) only i couldn't figure out how to attach the bottom, so i "skipped" it. will try it again next time.. but in the meantime, here's what came out of it.

thanks again for the really really awesome tutorials. and thanks for looking! hope you liked it!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 03:25:22 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006 07:55:09 AM »

I like the fabric on the first bag, and its cute how you added the belt to the third one!  Cheesy Good job.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006 08:08:55 AM »

I like the fabric on the first bag, and its cute how you added the belt to the third one!  Cheesy Good job.

thanks so much! here's a pic of the skirt (that does not fit me) before it became a bag:

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006 03:17:03 PM »

They look fantastic (even if you weren't new at sewing). Wow, I always thought those tiny little machines didn't really work - looks like you are the master of them. What kind is it?

Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006 10:04:00 PM »

Awesome use of clothes you can't wear anymore and a tiny sewing machine.  Awesome work for your first stab at it!!  Wow!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006 10:36:44 PM »

So you must tell us - what is the name of this little sewing machine that you seem to be getting such excellent results from?

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shrimp Salad Recipe
How to Make Beer Nuts
Country Sausage Gravy Recipe
Lemon Curd Tart with Fresh Berries Recipe
How to make Apple Bundt Cake
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...