A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,494
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blacksburg/Christiansburg/Radford Area  (Read 1248 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amccarter
« on: January 15, 2006 12:23:02 PM »

Hey I go to Virginia Tech and I was looking for a crafty club to join or maybe some people to get together with. So we can all learn from each other. I just can't seem to find anyone cool around here Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaraChristi
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006 10:19:58 AM »

Oh boy, I live near there and I'm cool Cheesy Have you ever been to Beadsburg down the street from the Christiansburg library? I love to go there and make jewelry, and the lady has hired me and played my mix CDs and knows my name hehe Cheesy What about you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amccarter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006 11:16:44 AM »

I've never been there or heard of it. Thats my problem here I don't really know the area, so it's hard to find good craft places. I'd love to hear more about it it sounds cool. Actually now that I think about it I'm not even sure where the Christiansburg library is; I really need to get to know the area better since I will be here for 3 more years or till I graduate
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaraChristi
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006 07:41:48 PM »

It's a small, bright place with little dishes on shelves that have beads in them. The owner is really nice and she doesn't charge sales tax ever since I gave her my business license, yay! I only just started driving so I don't remember how to get there, but I'm sure you can find a map on superpages.com. They have "Beader's Night Out" once a month where people rsvp, they close the door and a couple people get together and make jewelry and pig out on food they bring to share. I try to go to them, maybe if you went I'd recognise you.  Smiley I'm the one with the insanely curly hair, you can't miss it lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amccarter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006 07:57:33 PM »

thanks for sharing, I'm definitly going to go check it out when I get a day off, I'm excited
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaraChristi
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006 01:42:26 PM »

This Saturday is Beaders Night Out. If youd like to get out of the house for a few hours and enjoy some beading time, call a few friends and sign up for a space this Saturday. Space is limited to 14 people and Beaders Night Out will only be held if at least four people sign up. Theres no fee for attending and you are free to bring your own beads, snacks and drinks. Everyone works on their own projects and at their own pace. Basic lessons are provided if needed free of charge

Tammie Cavanaugh
Beadsburg
303 Depot St. W. Bldg. 101
Christiansburg, VA 24073
540-394-3340
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amccarter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006 04:49:27 PM »

Hey I wanted to see if you had heard about http://www.craftedtreasures.net/ I saw a sign outside Michaels in Christiansburg today. I'm thinking about renting some space there but the first payment is kind of a lot; $100.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaraChristi
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006 09:10:57 AM »

Looks cool. Hey, do you have yahoo or msn messenger? We can talk there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amccarter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006 04:56:19 PM »

I have yahoo messenger but I haven't used it in a while, my sn is ashlimccarter, very generic I think I only used it to talk to one person. I mostly use AIM and my sn for that is ashli86.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photoshop a Movie Poster Desktop Wall Paper - 3 of 3
How to Make a Stop Motion Animation with IKITMovie
Peachpit TV: Photoshop CS3 - Happy Little Tree
Peachpit TV: Photoshop CS3 - Make It Rain
How a Pixel Gets its Color - Bayer Sensor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...