A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Honey's Flashdance legwarmers (poochie) with semi tutorial(?)  (Read 3788 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

InkKitten
« on: January 15, 2006 01:08:28 AM »

ok this is my first post ever so i hope i dont screw it up !! haha. i REALLY love all the crafts and outfits for all the little tiny pooch's around here! but i dont have a little dog. i have a pit bull, but that dosent mean she cant look cute too!!  i REALLY love the fact that all that 80's crap is coming back, seeing as how i was too young in the 80's to care. SO  . . i give you my Pit 'Honey' pretending she's flash dance . . . .

HAHA i totally screwed it up!! LOL . . ok here we go again! this is how i did it.

i CO 20 sts and worked in k4 p4 rib for 4 rows then i switched and did p4 k4 rib effectively creating the basket weave. i did this for 36 rows, and the LOOSELY bound off all sts. like so . . . .

Then i sewed the seam down the back ALMOST all the way . . it is SO important to remember to start sweing the seam from the CO edge. because it is FAR stretchier than the BO edge!!!  here i placed a yarn needle to show where to stop sewing. . . .

here my lenscap is helping me illustrate the back detail so that dew claws and pads are free to roam  . .

ok i'm sorry i suck at posting . . =( lol but i hope you all like it and a big high 5 to all the ppl crafting for larger doggies =)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011 10:34:24 AM by PixieVal - Reason: combined post to add tutorial to first post » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think you can handle it?
http://Http://www.luckyeddie.net
yea, i didn't think so . . .
killer_threader
lord polly waffle

and unto them he said "borange"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006 01:12:21 AM »

that is so adorable! your dog is gorgous .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and he said unto the people of the hills and valleys " and all ye who eat brunch shall be damned to hell" and unto the people of the plains and seas "ditto"
tararenee
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006 03:22:31 AM »

They are so damn gorgeous!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"if you want the rainbows, you have to put up with the rain"
skootymiss
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006 08:52:16 AM »

Gracious! That is one Pretty Piitty, what a gr8 idea. Think I'll make some crochet ones for my Boxer Babe.

Thanks for the inspiration!
  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
InkKitten
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006 10:38:30 AM »

HAHA i totally screwed it up!! LOL . . ok here we go again! this is how i did it.

i CO 20 sts and worked in k4 p4 rib for 4 rows then i switched and did p4 k4 rib effectively creating the basket weave. i did this for 36 rows, and the LOOSELY bound off all sts. like so . . . .

Then i sewed the seam down the back ALMOST all the way . . it is SO important to remember to start sweing the seam from the CO edge. because it is FAR stretchier than the BO edge!!!  here i placed a yarn needle to show where to stop sewing. . . .

here my lenscap is helping me illustrate the back detail so that dew claws and pads are free to roam  . .

ok i'm sorry i suck at posting . . =( lol but i hope you all like it and a big high 5 to all the ppl crafting for larger doggies =)

<<edited to fix image insertions - sweets4ever>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006 08:58:47 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think you can handle it?
tiph_thompson

Can't. Stop. Making. Things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006 01:00:41 AM »

holy god....  I have to make some of these - my room-mate wears flashdance legwarmers all the time and has a pit named Yogurt.  You are a genius...*runs away to start knitting*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine brings all the boys to the yard.

You'll find the fruits of my labor here:
www.odkins.etsy.com

Great vintage fabrics, books, supplies:
www.TheHaps.etsy.com
Tinted
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006 11:21:39 AM »

I love this idea. So cute Smiley
I use to have a red-nose pit, but sadly he passed away two years ago. Your Honey looks alot like him, beautiful dog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

InkKitten
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006 01:49:41 PM »

Tinted: i'm so sorry to hear about that =( pit's are the best most loving dogs EVER. i couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose my honey. =(

Tiph_thompson: YES! more leg warmers for pits!!! hahaha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think you can handle it?
mnwild
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006 02:25:01 PM »

Those are so cute!  I wish I could knit so I could make some for my pup.  Your pit is really pretty, I love her coloring!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tinted
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006 08:51:58 AM »

I couldn't agree more about them being very loving dogs. They are also extremely loyal and protective. My mom used to worry about my daughter being around the dogs, but after she saw how they were she stopped worrying. The day I lost him was probably the saddest day of my life. Now I have his Great-grandson, and I am taking care of his grandmother. Weird huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Superhero Origins: Robin
Supervillain Origins: Doctor Octopus
Turf Author Jonathan Ross Interview
Jonathan Ross on Golden Age
Profile of an Artist: Ingrid Dabringer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...