A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,141
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fat birdie  (Read 9566 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PenGwend
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005 03:51:26 PM »

This birdie is so cute!  I'm just taught myself to crochet about 2 weeks ago, but I think I'm going to try to make some of these as gift-toppers...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Luck favours the prepared, dahlink." -Edna

www.flickr.com/photos/silver-lining
Handmade Goodies!
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005 07:46:07 PM »

I'm really stuck on row 13:

Round 13 - sc next 5st, dec sc, sc next 10sts,  sc in blo of nx 4 sts under tail made on previous round, sc next 4 st, dec sc, sc next 2  (27)

After I sc in the next 10 sts, I'm lost. I think it reads: "Single crochet in block of next 4 stitches under tail made on previous round" Is that right? I don't remember making any sort of tail, I thought I was doing it all correctly, but now I'm lost doh.  Shocked

it says single crochet in back loops only of next 4 stitches under tail made on previous round.  i don't know about the tail thing, but the back loops should help it curve.

this is the cutest crocheted animal ever!  i'm going to make my mom a pair of cardinals for christmas. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happythermia

On the beachside, combing the sand.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005 08:11:18 PM »

Wow that makes so much more sense! Thank you! The site I was using for help didin't saying about that abbreviation, and I didin't use common sense to figure it out lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2005 03:30:53 PM »

now it's my turn to be stuck on round 13.

the pattern says:
Round 12 - sc next 4, dec sc, sc next st, dec sc, sc next 10, (in flo of next 4 sts, work, hdc dc next st, 2dc next st, 2dc next st, dc hdc next st)  sc nx 8 st  (33)

Round 13 - sc next 5st, dec sc, sc next 10sts,  sc in blo of nx 4 sts under tail made on previous round, sc next 4 st, dec sc, sc next 2  (27)

how do i go from 33 to 26 stitches with only 2 decreases?  i think she left out part of that round.  help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clover_fox764
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2005 07:24:11 PM »

i was making this too and got stuck on that same problem.
i deffinatly think she left out part of the patter because it didnt make any sense to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We're not 21, but the sooner we are the sooner the fun will begin."
Wink
indeliblechange
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2006 10:08:06 PM »

can anyone help me with the pattern?

Round 12 - sc next 4, dec sc, sc next st, dec sc, sc next 10, (in flo of next 4 sts, work, hdc dc next st, 2dc next st, 2dc next st, dc hdc next st)  sc nx 8 st  (33)

the bits in bold are what i am confused about. what is flo and blo and can anyone find me instructions on how to do that? i'm a total beginner to crochet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Majicdragon
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2006 04:02:57 AM »

can anyone help me with the pattern?

the bits in bold are what i am confused about. what is flo and blo and can anyone find me instructions on how to do that? i'm a total beginner to crochet...

rnd 12  - you'd  work hdc and dc in the front loop of first of the 4 sts. then 2dc in next front loop only and so on.
flo = front loops only
blo = back loops only
hdc = half double crochet - you pull trhough all loops intead of 2 and then 2 more.
I hope this helped
Good Luck
Sara
ps  like the birdie too. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006 04:06:50 AM by Majicdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006 09:01:25 PM »

Awwww! That is just too cute! I usually don't think of birds in genders just as...birds. Weird, I know. Heh. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Stylish Gift Ideas for Her
5 Fresh Ways to Wear Sequins For the Holidays!
The Checklist: 3 Wardrobe Investments
Get the Look: Casual Weekend Outfit
Beauty Guide: Blush 101
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...